Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Forum rebuild

• Mentor
Discussion Forum rebuild
#10: February 25, 2020, 09:45:45 PM
I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:14:15 PM by OffRoad »
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

m
Forum rebuild
#11: February 25, 2020, 10:47:30 PM
I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.

I assume this is in mobile view? Because it is not available in desktop nor on an iPad (desktop equivalent) layout.

Edit: never mind, in the look and feel settings as originally pointed to there is the name of current layout, it is not clear if you click on it it goes to a page that lets you preview and set other themes. Works as advertised.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:50:12 PM by marvin4242 »
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
Re: Forum rebuild
#12: February 26, 2020, 04:19:44 AM
Mine is good too.  Thank you.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#13: February 26, 2020, 05:10:20 AM
Good Afternoon Sir,

Yep, even from Europe the response time is lightning fast (Me like!)...

As for the look and feel, well... to be honest, the only thing constant is change so it doesn't disturb me much. Just will take a bit of getting used to like anything else - new phone, new car, new life...

Later Edit: Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function dl()

Error occurs in both Themes as well so it is something in the core code
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:57:11 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
#14: February 26, 2020, 05:36:55 AM
I just changed my laptop back to curve multicolor as I found the other format takes up too much space. Will check my iphone later. yesterday the threads would open to the first post on the thread rather than the latest. Will let you know.

Thanks Sir Osis for making the forum better !  :)
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

S
  • Administrator
#16: February 26, 2020, 08:14:19 AM
There's a problem saving profile changes, errors are being logged, but I can't replicate it, works fine for me.  Would be a good idea if everyone clears their browsers.  There's a Like mod, will take a look at it, but won't be installing any more mods until we get the bugs out of the new install.  Fonts look pretty much the same to me, but can make them larger.  Checked the forum last night on my e-reader (7" Android tab), looked good, easy to read and navigate, much better than most of the responsive themes I've worked with.

Will be on a while tonight, if someone could post a list of suggestions would be helpful.

S
  • Administrator
#17: February 26, 2020, 08:25:06 AM
Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Ok, got it now.  Happens when you save Forum Profile, but only in your account.  Checked mine and several other accounts, works fine.  Maybe something in the database, will have a look tonight.

• Mentor
#18: February 26, 2020, 08:26:56 AM

Later Edit: Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Error occurs in both Themes as well so it is something in the core code
Which field (s) in your profile were you editing?

Bug : Spellcheck takes me to a blank page.

Bug: if editing your post, then you choose to go to full edit page, you lose your modification in the quick edit page.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:35:31 AM by OffRoad »
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

• Mentor
#19: February 26, 2020, 09:26:36 AM
Thanks OffRoad, spellcheck has not worked for me for a long time.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.