Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story MLC h and xw

tle

My Story Update
#40: September 18, 2021, 03:20:23 PM
As I was laying in bed this morning one of the first thoughts I had was getting on here and updating my thread. I was thinking not much has changed with my H. He typically texts me on Tuesdays and asks how I'm doing. I'll get spurts where it is up to 5 or 6 days of the week but for the most part Tuesday is text day. At the beginning of the month I text him about a bill he owes and he responded that he would take care of it but if it wasn't a problem he'd "ride on a minute or two" and some other slang that is very out of character for him and his age. We text back and forth and on the last one he put 😘😘😘. Wasn't sure if it was really meant for me so I just left our conversation there. I haven't heard from him since then, so over 2 weeks and atleast 2 Tuesdays missed. Then all of the sudden my phone went off and it was a text from him...on a Saturday! Asking how I was doing.
After some small talk I asked why he does this. Out of guilt or because he is thinking about me? His response was "Just making sure your ok. I don't want to not be able to talk to you." So still all about him. I'm to the point I'm tired of scraps and trying to guess what he is thinking. I told him that I've had to deal with alot lately and it sucked not having him here with me. That I know he is seeing someone and I wish them the best. That I am ok and I have amazing people in my life that care about me. His response was pretty much...hate that for you and glad you have them.
This may cause the texting to stop, who knows, but I just needed to say my truth. It's like I get emotional when I get his texts, but at the same time I get emotional when he doesn't. Hopefully it will break some kind of cycle we are in and give me peace!
M47
H41
S17, SS18, SS19
Married 1/1/2010
H moved in with his parents 5/15/20

J
  • Trial Subscriber
MLC h and xw
#41: September 18, 2021, 09:52:57 PM
Haven't had a chance to read all of your thread, tle, but I feel the same way about messages from my W. BD was only 3 months ago and she's living with her sister. We're in our early 50s and it seems like W is reverting to her 20s as well, although I don't really know what she's up to (thankfully). The next text I get will probably be about her finding an attorney (as the previous ones have been), but it still hurts to not get them just the same.

Hugs,

JB

tle

MLC h and xw
#42: September 19, 2021, 08:52:22 PM
Thanks JB
It's really so crazy how it's like a switch was flipped and now they are a different person.
M47
H41
S17, SS18, SS19
Married 1/1/2010
H moved in with his parents 5/15/20

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.