Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!

• Trial Subscriber
My Story Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!
#10: May 04, 2021, 03:25:21 PM
I have better calves than that...... those quads are unreal though.  :o Yikes!!

-SS
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

C
  • Trial Subscriber
Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!
#11: May 04, 2021, 03:28:00 PM
Um,

Ahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahaha!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.

*chefs kiss*
Well done.

Courage
Me 37
H 37
S16
Wallower/Chaos kid
EA discovered 3/31/2019
BD March 31 2019
He left 10/6/2020
Status: I’m done. Stbxh remorseful, texts and apologizes a lot, is in therapy and several treatment teams.
“God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we’ll appreciate the strength of his.” C.S. Lewis

• Mentor
EEUUUUuuuu.

Ha ha  I bet your legs look a lot better than that, Standing. Those are gross!
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

F
  • Trial Subscriber
#13: May 04, 2021, 04:25:11 PM
Your page  took a downward turn with those legs😂. It’s always fun to have a secret admirer so long as things don’t get creepy:). I agree that it read almost like a horoscope outside of the beefy leg part.  I also agree that while women can be forward, most don’t use that terminology!!
Married 21 years
Husband is 44
Me-40
4 kids 7-16 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, this after I found out about OW 1(EA), OW2(PA) no longer together. 
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 30 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure.
August 2021-He has shown very gradual progress over the last 1 1/2 years.  I did allow him home on a trial bases and in another room.  We go to counseling, I do not currently allow touch.  So far so good.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#14: May 05, 2021, 03:14:32 AM
BLEAHHHHH!!!!! I can't unsee that......
Your page  took a downward turn with those legs😂. It’s always fun to have a secret admirer so long as things don’t get creepy:). I agree that it read almost like a horoscope outside of the beefy leg part.  I also agree that while women can be forward, most don’t use that terminology!!
EEUUUUuuuu.

Ha ha  I bet your legs look a lot better than that, Standing. Those are gross!
I have better calves than that...... those quads are unreal though.  :o Yikes!!

-SS

Um,

Ahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahaha!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.

*chefs kiss*
Well done.

Courage

You all are more than welcome... My work here is done...

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Trial Subscriber
#15: May 05, 2021, 08:55:49 PM
Ha UM.....  ;D

You know, that picture is really impressive. I've been trying to guess what that person's bodyfat percentage is to be able to show that much definition. Must be mid-high single digits. That's so hard to achieve.

Wednesday Journaling:

Dun-DUn-DUN!! W let me know tonight that the IC has placed her on FMLA. This is wonderful. The term is for 4-8 weeks, no work. Fantastic!! Of course along with this disclosure she said that she'll be going to her mom's..... which is fine with me. I can assume that she will be on leave for 8 weeks, there's no way (I can  see) her cutting it short. I have to applaud the IC..... she could see W was melting down, gave her a chance to stop on her own, and when that didn't happen *BANG* forced it and didn't give her much of a choice. This is really wonderful, and I think probably the only person W would listen to on this subject (heavens knows I tried for years to get her to either stop or slow down.
Not that this is a fix, not at all...... it may even prolong her processing, but I really hope it turns out to be a good thing for her. It will be a good thing for me, I can use a break too.

Hopefully she will not take her laptop and totally unplug, but that's not something I control. She starts FMLA Tuesday, and I'm sure it'll be very shortly thereafter that she will leave on her trip. This will damage her career (in her eyes), but the die is cast, there is no turning away now. Her work has been notified, and that's that. It will be curious to see what she will be like toward the end of her leave, she may not be in a place where returning is possible, so I'm going to be a busy boy...... preparing to be the sole provider. Probably won't come to that, but I could see her damaged career not being the focal point once it's broken, and maybe, just maybe, once she has a taste of life without the stress of career, maybe it's hold will be broken (I hope).
Also not that any of this will fix us, but everything is a step towards the end, whatever that end may hold. I say bring it.

Already though, her demeanor has changed remarkably...... laughing and happy..... obviously a huge weight lifted (for the moment, and probably only for a short time)...... it's so nice to see some relief in her. She has struggled so long and been crushed alive. Yes, a season of relax and decompression, I so wish this for her. The price when it loses it's relief, the novelty disappears and she finds herself back to where she was anyway........  :-[ well, enjoy the moment my sweet.  :-* Your husband still loves you, even when you can't love him.

One day at a time,

-SS   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:56:53 PM by Standing Strong »
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

• Mentor
Oh Standing, I'm sorry but you're right this may be for the best.  It sounds like her IC saw the pressure she has kept herself under.  A clean break from it may be just what she needs.

I don't understand why she needs to go to her moms for this break, but I guess there must be some reason for it.

Stay strong and take this time to decompress yourself, Standing.
Maybe a good break for everyone, huh?

Hugs
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Trial Subscriber
#17: May 07, 2021, 02:37:06 PM
No need to be sorry T...... it's good to have a break  8)
I'm happy and excited.

Minor Journal update:
W comes home at lunch (wow, it's been months since that's happened). I see movement in the corner of my eye..... and there she is...... peeking at me thru a crack in the door (it wasn't closed all the way). Creepy!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

She's in a great mood, super happy. Monday is her last day before going on leave.... which is great. She chats for a moment and then announces she has airfare to her mom's. LOL!! That means when she told me the other day, she already had the airfare (which I already assumed). It's just so funny how that works. It's a game to me, can I guess the future (?)...... most of the time, yes I can. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
So Thursday she flies out, and she'll figure out the return later (which means in 8 weeks)...... heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if somehow it gets extended to longer.
The good news is, she's headed right to her mom's from what I understand. No apartment this time.  :D Hey you've got to take the positive wherever you can find it.

And there it is..... 'ol SS will get a couple month break..... what to do? I think maybe I'll try returning to the gym and see if wearing this dumb mask during a cycling class makes me pass out.  :P I will get to do a hardcore diet and super fat-burning program. So much easier when you're not cooking for someone else.
I'm coming for you 6-pack!! Your days are numbered!!

One day at a time,

-SS
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

• Trial Subscriber
#18: May 11, 2021, 08:28:55 PM
Journaling:

Today they must be playing MLC's greatest hits....... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

So W was to leave on her trip Thursday morning..... I've been slow dripped details of this latest outing over the last several days.
Of course none of it can be believed, so I take it all with a grain of salt and laugh at it all.

Yup, Thursday morning..... fly out....... with Tuesday and Wednesday as "off" days before her trip (which I'm assuming will be 8 weeks long).
Well...... she announced that those two days would be "Cleaning days" and put the house "clean to her spec"..... which is fine, but what a waste..... why clean it to a hospital grade and then leave for two months? What purpose does that serve? To do something nice for me? Because she's "feeling better?", just doesn't make any sense, but then again...... it's not my choice and not something I control. Knock yourself out if that's what you want to do. I'd still rather her take it easy AND at the same time, saying something and DOING something are two very different things. Intentions are not actions.  :P

Well, there was nothing to worry about. Today was her 1st day off work, and there was no cleaning. HAHAHAHAHAH!! All she did was do laundry and pack. Pack, pack, pack. Items she was "asked" to take down there that were suppose to arrive on Wednesday (tomorrow) all arrived today. Hmmmm (minor strangeness, nothing to be excited about)........ and the clues begin to stack in the back of my mind. Isn't it such a bummer that we learn to do this? Where it becomes natural and not even something you actively think about? I think that sticks, it's not how life should be.
Anyway...... I work all day, and she does whatever she's doing...... I'm happy she's not cleaning.
By the time I'm off work, I need to run to the store and pick up some bread for our dinner (I made this incredible soup....... incredible. So good she wanted it two nights in a row instead of spacing a night between........ Hmmmm, stacking...... but I'll get to that).
I get home from the store and she runs to where I am (unusual) and says "I'm such an idiot, you'll never guess what I did!!". Uh huh...... yeah, I bet I can guess what she did.....
"I booked the wrong flight...... I can either leave in the morning (a day early) or switch my flight but it'll cost $400 to do so"....... as if she's asking what I think or what should be done...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
After listening.... I ask if she got her room (leaving in the morning means she'd have to stay the night before flying out of the county Thursday night)........ she looks down and quietly says "yes". And there it is....... not really asking what I thought, all the plans were already made.... and the rest of the day falls into place.... all that packing, the wanting soup tonight instead of tomorrow (when she won't be here).
For the next two hours I hear all about how dumb she is, what a stupid mistake, I can't believe I did  that....... on and on and on.
"I was going to clean all day tomorrow", "I didn't want to leave you with a dirty house"
It's all nonsense. All of it.
Not saying this is a big deal, it's not. Want to go..... go. I'm not twisting your arm. Why the deception even if it's not a flat out lie?
Such a strange chain of thought.
Now for me, this is great. An extra day of alone time, no wasted day cleaning for her, and hopefully she'll actually relax.

Still, it does stink to know that all of it was planned and executed long before I knew anything (Which is fine) but always framed like I had a say or opinion (which I didn't). So do what you want, but I know your tricks...... I'm no fool.

She also said she'll be gone 4 weeks....... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Yeah right!! I'll believe it when I see it....... there's no return flight, and even if there was, she could change it. 8 weeks or something like it. [shakes head] None of this surprises me, and all of it is laughable at how comical and ridiculous it is.
Next will be to see if she goes radio silent while she's gone (I'm counting on it).  ::)

I'm returning to the gym for a couple months..... no nightly workout W partner, so I'm going hardcore lifting and dieting while she's away. Looking forward to it.  8)

One day at a time,

-SS
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

H
  • Trial Subscriber
#19: May 11, 2021, 09:03:58 PM
Hi SS,
Why does it always have to be complicated with these MLCers?  Hoping this time away gives you and your W time to decompress after the emotional counseling sessions. 

HF
W - 42
M - 45
Together 19 years, M 16
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.