Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story You Can't Touch This

s
My Story You Can't Touch This
#10: July 26, 2021, 06:27:54 PM
Dumpster divin' LB.......just cracked me up! 

Nice work, DF.  Way to get crap done! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

D
You Can't Touch This
#11: August 02, 2021, 03:20:17 PM
The garage is still clean!  It is like a beautiful miracle everytime I go out there to grab something.  Now to get moving on the rest of the house.     

I am still waiting on a section of fence to come in - so I have been doing a lot of doggie walking this last week.  With any luck the order will come in this week and we can finish up the fence project and give the doggie back her yard.  Poor doggie has been so forlorn looking out the back door at all the bunnies and birds gathering out there.

In the meantime, today was send the fall tuition bill to LB day and hope for some money to come our way.  I also asked for the flight and hotel info for the upcoming family Bahamas trip.  I expect that I will have to get cranky to get that info as usual.

Neither kid seems overly excited.  Apparently there was political skirmish at breakfast with the outlaws on dumpster day and xFIL made a loud scene insulting LB and his political views. D was utterly annoyed when she got home saying she was going to fake an illness so she didn't have to spend 5 days with them.  And on top of that D got a raise and instead of them all being excited for her they were all insulted because now D makes more money than xBIL's kid who works at the grocery store.  Then D said Dad and SPQ were talking about how much money they made working at the grocery store.  And I was like wait, what - SPQ never worked at a grocery store.  D was like oh yeah, it was her first job.  I was like WHAT?  SPQ's first job was with me  - AT. THE. FARM.  I have know SPQ since she was BORN... she has never worked at a grocery store.  Like ever.   :o  That girl is fruit loops making stuff up.

In any event, last week was the bar exam and SPQ starting her new law firm job, so I steered clear of church so as not to listen to all the hoopla of it. Gonna have to wait a while for all the unicorn farts to wear off of it all.                 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 03:22:28 PM by Dumbfounded »
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

• Mentor
You Can't Touch This
#12: August 02, 2021, 10:49:06 PM
So I have to ask, are you naturally a get rid of it kind of person? How did you get everything gone? I have the scary garage. Sadly, I use almost everything in there and it all rotates through. But I have these boxes of yarn that I can't....quite....get....rid....of because I'm always rummaging around for some, and wood scraps that really should just go except D uses them for backings on jewelry. I cleaned out a section, but it was dried paint, and things that were no good. Freecycle helps me a lot, because then it goes to a good home.

How DID you make it all go away? I needs some tips. Maybe just having the dumpster helps? A place to let it go?
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
You Can't Touch This
#13: August 03, 2021, 03:51:04 AM
How DID you make it all go away? I needs some tips. Maybe just having the dumpster helps? A place to let it go?

DF had it all! A dumpster AND a Dumpster Diving LB.... Between the two things, it was all gone... <LOL>

If SPQ thinks that, just because she has passed the bar, she will automatically have a successful practice, she is in for a VERY rude awakening... I guess she can start off by chasing ambulances...

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

D
You Can't Touch This
#14: August 03, 2021, 10:42:37 AM
OR, I am NOT by nature a get rid of things kind of person. I keep everything... you know ... just in case I or someone else might need it someday. 

At some point during the quarantine I just got tired of looking at it all.  I woke up one day and just wanted to throw it all away.  I think it is part of my I am no longer anybody's fixer campaign.  So, I started purging but it is just never ending.  Bagging things up and taking them off to here and there to toss, donate, sell.  And then there are the larger items that I just don't know what to do with.  Honestly, some days it just seemed easier to burn the house down.  I would schedule time in my calendar on weekends to declutter certain areas and I would spend a few extra minutes that morning lying in bed vividly day dreaming about watching the house, and all its contents, burn down.  Of course, the day dream would always end with me standing on the front lawn with two angry kids, two cats and a dog and so I would get up and get to work.   

So, when I learned the dumpster was coming I cleared my calendar and got to work. 

I had a dumpster right there in my driveway and a  firm deadline - 3 days until they pick the dumpster up.  I was fueled by the thoughts of the year long, endless, quarantine purge and a 100 more endless weekends of purging to come.  I just tossed it all out. Ruthless.

As D and I watched the dumpster being hauled away, D said you know, we could really use another one.  It is true. There is still more work to be done.

UM, nothing ahead but hard work and student loans for SPQ now.  No such thing as a free lunch.  ;) 

The last part of my new fence has finally come in.  Doggie should have her yard back by the weekend.   

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

D
You Can't Touch This
#15: August 06, 2021, 11:37:52 AM
The new fence is done!!  Doggie is so happy to be chasing bunnies and birds again.

LB actually responded to my message with a check for fall tuition and all the vacation info I requested.  That was shocking. 

When I logged in, it shows you the last time everyone had logged in. Now I haven't been on the app in months because there is no medical bills or kids activities to log in.  And yet LB had logged in 2 days prior.  So odd.   

In the meantime, I said to D that she should mark in her calendar a certain date to get her COVID test for the upcoming trip. D's response was I don't need a COVID test.   ???  I was like um, yeah you do.  So I told her the travel restrictions are changing.  You need a Travel Health Visa, COVID Insurance and yes, a test.  Are none of the 11 people going on this trip paying any attention?  :P  So, after D alerted LB, a emergency meeting was called at Dysfunction Junction. D came home from the meeting an anxiety ridden mess.  One of them still has no passport - none of them are aware of the new travel restrictions, curfew and mask mandates.  There are no excursions planned, nobody has addressed the phone plans, etc. 

D said SPQ (who apparently now stays at the outlaws all the time sans kids) was telling everyone that she works in a healthcare setting and was giving them tips on mask wearing and such.  I said I thought she quit her healthcare job in June to study for the bar and work at a law firm now.  D just shrugged and said she seems to still be working at the healthcare place.  Oh for the Love of God, I can't keep up with her real jobs and the made up jobs anymore.       

So now I am stressed out.  I can't stand not getting things in order in a timely manner.  Drives me bonkers. My kids are leaving the country in the middle of a global pandemic and there are no clear plans or anyone in charge - not sure if I will be able to reach them by phone or what is happening.  STRESSED OUT.

Then on top of it I dreamed about SPQ last night. Blah! I am just all off today. Walking around mumbling to myself - not my circus, not my monkeys - trying to keep my poop together over this craziness because I can hear the circus and the kids are in attendance.   

I told my friend, I want to secretly follow them on the trip and take video while narrating the whole thing in James Earl Jones' voice.     

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

s
You Can't Touch This
#16: August 08, 2021, 09:26:50 PM

I told my friend, I want to secretly follow them on the trip and take video while narrating the whole thing in James Earl Jones' voice.     

Well, that would probably be excellent YouTube footage!   ;)

Hey, at least some greenbacks came in for tuition......something positive from the chaos! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

M
Re: You Can't Touch This
#17: August 10, 2021, 02:09:57 PM
Hilarious as usual DF! Just catching up, having been on in a while.  Love that you emptied out your garage and have a lovely new fence! While over at disfunction junction it's the same old mess, and pineapple queen running in circles, let me be a lawyer like DF, oh, but I work in health care so I know all about Covid rules, but I bet she knows all about being a lawyer, too, and she knows about grocery stores and I'm sure she thinks she knows everything about everything. She is whatever is going to look good that day. Oh lord!

Glad you got the tuition, that's important! I wouldn't worry too much about the covid organizational mess. If they don't get their act together, they won't let them in anywhere. The circus clearly likes to keep their heads in the sand hoping someone else will take care of all the details.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

D
You Can't Touch This
#18: August 10, 2021, 08:02:29 PM
Milly, I think you have a very good point. SPQ must look somewhat silly over there trying to be an expert on everything.

SB, seriously I could be the next big Influencer with my uTube videos. Haha!

In the meantime, D agreed to go over to the outlaws for dinner one night last week. It was my nephew’s birthday and I figured it was a birthday dinner. When D came home she said it was just her LB and SPQ going to the local diner.  I mentioned it was nephew’s birthday and D said I know, weird huh - LB was not invited I guess. D said LB grumbled through dinner about not knowing where the outlaws were and said they were probably out with nephew. I just chuckled because I found it amusing SPQ, with all her wisdom, wasn’t included either. I mean you would think you would want someone as influential as SPQ at your birthday.

D was also complaining because LB won’t give her any information on the upcoming trip. I laughed and told her I have the flight and hotel info I can give her. We had a good laugh that LB coughed it up to me so quickly this year.

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
You Can't Touch This
#19: August 14, 2021, 08:30:42 AM
Wow, that has to sting for them.  Outlaws to the outlaws lol.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.