Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Forum workings

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info Re: Forum workings
#10: May 17, 2010, 10:05:27 PM
I just changed the PM's setting.

It was supposed to not allow PMs until you have 25 posts to discourage spammers who register, do not post and send advertisements to members. That has been a problem on another MLC forum. I've reset it so you must have 25 posts before PM'ing. Sorry for the inconvenience, but those adverts were annoying.

But above 25 posts it should be unlimited.

• Administrator
Re: Forum workings
#11: May 18, 2010, 02:22:05 AM
Ok I don't need to use the verification now for PM's or posts. So the newbies can't send a PM but I assume they can receive one??? I will figure it out, sent one to a first time poster.

T
#12: May 18, 2010, 03:20:37 AM
Hmmm ....

I did try to send a PM, and I thought it worked.  And I hadn't posted anything yet.  Does that mean that a PM that I have sent hasn't got through?

• Administrator

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#14: May 18, 2010, 04:30:18 AM
TAL,

Your PM worked. See if it works if you try to send it to someone else--maybe anyone can send me a PM. That is how I hope it works. I think anyone can receive them, but am not sure yet.

• Administrator
#15: May 18, 2010, 06:24:16 AM
RCR

One other minor question. The default font size on everyones posts is very small.
Is there a way to make it a little bigger and easier to read as a default.
Rather than changing it for each post?

M
#16: May 18, 2010, 09:27:53 AM
OP You can change your browser settings if you want.
Everyone's screens will be different sizes, so changing size on a forum is usually not recommended, unless it's ridiculously small.
The font on this website looks great on my screen.
M38 H43 M8 T12 Bomb 3/2010
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain

Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.  ~Marlene Dietrich

The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Ghandi

• Administrator
#17: May 18, 2010, 11:22:23 AM
M&H this is the type size that is easy to read on my computer. How does it look to you?
Another weird thing that happened was that I had a colorful new button for every post that was new, now it just changes to the word "new" no button

M
#18: May 18, 2010, 03:49:56 PM
I get the button still.
Your font size looks OK on my laptop but with the desktop monitor, it just barely runs off the page.
I admit that my font size (this one) looks a tad small... perhaps one in the middle would work?
M38 H43 M8 T12 Bomb 3/2010
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain

Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.  ~Marlene Dietrich

The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Ghandi

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#19: May 18, 2010, 07:00:47 PM
One other minor question. The default font size on everyones posts is very small.
Is there a way to make it a little bigger and easier to read as a default.
Rather than changing it for each post?
I think the default is what it is, but will ask over at the SMF forum. The biggest annoyance for me is that there seems to be a bug with the font size tags and they go away if you try to modify. They also must be used a lot more than the other tags--after every item in a list.

Increasing the screen size can distort things since it is simply like blowing up an image and doesn't fix the issue for everyone.

That button for every new post, I can't see it at all and I'm not sure if I ever have. I might have in the first days before adding my custom icons though. I had to go into the board icons and replace my images with the standard board icons--like a smiley, wink, exclamation...but I had to keep the original filenames because it required them. One day while at work I found a place to add new files with custom names, but I couldn't find the info when I got home. I had wondered if that was why the new button is just one of those red Xs for me, but it sounds like that is not the case.

What is the image of? If it is one of my custom post icons, then it's due to my tinkering and I should look into fixing it.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.