Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4

m
Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#10: July 16, 2020, 06:36:19 PM
Offroad this is a summary of info, not source material. It is pretty accurate overall.

The issue with steroids is its a very tricky balance. Too little and you don’t shut down the cytokine storm. Too much and you depress immune system too much and let the virus run rampant. So when the article is published we can all read and others will review. But it would make sense that if the patient is given steroids too soon, before the storm sets in, it may act more to suppress the immune system.

But there is also front line reports that use of steroids can help when this happens. So its not treating the virus, but the side effect.

Understanding the mechanisms also helps with interpreting the data. Trust the experts and follow their lead.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

B
Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#11: July 16, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
Regarding the TB vaccine I believe there is definitely some truth in it.  Here in South Africa most people are vaccinated against TB and looking at the cases today, we are 6th highest in the world for the number of infected people 324,221 but have only had 4,669 die.  I am not minimising the deaths but our infection rate has been higher than the UK as they have had 292,552 but 45,119 deaths.

m
#12: July 18, 2020, 02:47:32 PM
More encouraging results, although preliminary and not yet reviewed. But it shows that 90% of people show neutralizing anti-bodies 3 months after infection, which is a good indicator for immunity. This would apply for antibody testing and for vaccines (assuming people actually get vaccinated).

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.14.20151126v1

“Here we report that the vast majority of infected individuals with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 experience robust IgG antibody responses against the viral spike protein, based on a dataset of 19,860 individuals screened at Mount Sinai Health System in New York City. We also show that titers are stable for at least a period approximating three months, and that anti-spike binding titers significantly correlate with neutralization of authentic SARS-CoV-2. Our data suggests that more than 90% of seroconverters make detectible neutralizing antibody responses and that these titers are stable for at least the near-term future.”
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

m
#13: July 18, 2020, 06:42:02 PM
And more interesting information coming out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

“ A large new study from South Korea offers an answer: Children younger than 10 transmit to others much less often than adults do, but the risk is not zero. And those between the ages of 10 and 19 can spread the virus at least as well as adults do.

The findings suggest that as schools reopen, communities will see clusters of infection take root that include children of all ages, several experts cautioned.”

m
#14: July 20, 2020, 06:00:17 AM
Another positive early trial for treatment, beta interferon in inhaler form shows 79% improvement of odds in progressing to ventilation or death. Caution is it’s an early trial, more data needed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/20/trial-of-covid-19-coronavirus-drug-given-via-inhaler-sng001-very-promising-say-scientists

• Mentor
#15: July 20, 2020, 06:31:30 AM
Thank you so much marvin for continuing to share with us the research that is coming out....needing this hope so much as time drags on.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

m
#16: July 20, 2020, 07:44:07 AM
Glad to continue a fact and science based discussion anytime. Here is one more bit of early good news:

"Oxford coronavirus vaccine triggers immune response, trial shows
Early results also indicate vaccine is safe, raising hopes it could help end pandemic"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/20/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-triggers-immune-response-trial-shows

N
#17: July 20, 2020, 09:51:59 AM
Glad to continue a fact and science based discussion anytime. Here is one more bit of early good news:

"Oxford coronavirus vaccine triggers immune response, trial shows
Early results also indicate vaccine is safe, raising hopes it could help end pandemic"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/20/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-triggers-immune-response-trial-shows

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-oxford-vaccine-appears-to-have-surpassed-expectations

I’m taking part in this.  I was accepted and vaccinated a month ago .  It’s an interesting experience to be involved in.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:02:32 AM by Nerissa »

m
#18: July 20, 2020, 01:41:24 PM
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-oxford-vaccine-appears-to-have-surpassed-expectations

I’m taking part in this.  I was accepted and vaccinated a month ago .  It’s an interesting experience to be involved in.

That is excellent news. Are you allowed to share any experiences or is it under NDA?

N
#19: July 21, 2020, 02:43:37 AM
There’s no NDA as I don’t have any confidential info because it is all ‘blind’.   We are advised against putting it on social media in case of unwanted attention.  I may have had the ‘ChadOx vaccination or a meningitis/sepsis vacc, as that is the placebo.  I received one dose and another group received two.  I am part of a group of people aged between 56 and 69 because they rolled it out to an older age group a month ago.  I know a few younger people in the initial trial and they are all fine.

It’s all very carefully done:  information to tell us about possible risks; permission to exit the trial at any time without giving a reason.   A lot of hospital visits and blood tests; daily electronic communication to update them on my health; weekly covid tests; a social and exercise diary  to inform them of my contacts and length/kind of contact (eg ‘5 hours at less than 2 metres’ is one category.

I had an initial mild reaction of the kind to be expected after a vaccination.  Otherwise all normal.  I understand I will know in about a year the details of what I was given.

The problem is that there is not enough virus in the community for us to be reliably exposed so they have sent it to Brazil
And South Africa.  I have read they are considering vaccination and then infecting some healthy young people.  This is unusual, but the rationale is that the young are at limited risk; the results are promising and if infected, effective  treatment is now available.  I don’t know whether this will actually happen.

We’ll find out in time I guess.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.