Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4

• Mentor
Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#80: August 19, 2020, 05:32:24 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/health/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-covid-19-survivors-wellness/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

This talks about the long term effects for some who become infected with COVID. It suggests that it could be as high as 35% of people will go on to have some kind of chronic health issue.

I see people relaxing their protective measures. This has gone on for so long and we are tired by all the restrictions this has on our lives.

Please keep in mind that there is still a great deal that is not known about COVID even as science pushes forward with some good news as well.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Administrator
Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#81: August 20, 2020, 07:00:42 AM
Thanks for posting that video, OP. Definitely worth the watch.  I thought he did such a good job explaining the body's immune response in an easy-to-understand way.  And of course, the studies he referenced also give such hope.  I wish there was more information like this circulating in mainstream media.

How are you feeling, OP?  Are you still dealing with lasting effects from the illness?
I am pretty much fully recovered but my girl friend still has lasting effects.

She has covid-brain, and just lost her job yesterday, from the hospital that gave her covid.
We keep hoping that she will fully recover and I am still hopeful that she will get full brain function back.

It is only for maybe a minute at a time (for maybe 4-5 times a day)  but who would want a nurse to be taking care of you that couldn't think straight.

Thanks for asking hope all is well with you.

#82: August 20, 2020, 01:45:54 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better, OP, bjtbsorry to hear that your girlfriend is still struggling.
What is 'Covid brain'? Like chemo brain? Problems with attention, memory etc?
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Administrator
#83: August 20, 2020, 02:15:29 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better, OP, bjtbsorry to hear that your girlfriend is still struggling.
What is 'Covid brain'? Like chemo brain? Problems with attention, memory etc?

Brain short circuits for periods of time.
Inability to think and for her do simple math (8x7) or think straight like early dementia or alzheimers.
It usually only lasts a few minutes but is quite frightening.

#84: August 21, 2020, 12:43:58 AM
Ah I see.....yes, I can imagine it is frightening and rather disheartening for her. Seems pretty common with a lot of auto-immune type illnesses, no idea why. When I experienced something similar years ago, I found the 'spoons theory' helpful and became a bit of a detective so I could learn if there was a pattern to it e.g. When I was physically tired or certain types of activities or time of day, numbers were a problem for me too, so I could build some alternative ways of doing things. Often with chronic illnesses we become our own best medics, I think, don't we? But I am so sorry and I hope that she starts to see progress soon.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

M
#85: August 21, 2020, 01:10:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, OP, and that she lost her job on top of it. How devastating. I hope that even if slowly, she recovers completely.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Mentor
#86: September 13, 2020, 05:55:37 AM
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

#87: September 13, 2020, 06:15:03 AM
Interesting article xyzcf - Thanks for sharing.
To me, it makes sense.
Our rules in the US haven't "lightened up" as much as in the UK when it comes to mask wearing. 
Still required just about everywhere except the dentist and dine-in.

Everyone stay safe!  Wear your masks!

Sea

m
#88: September 13, 2020, 06:27:05 AM
Thanks xyzcf interesting indeed if it holds up.

Seahorse I’m a little confused. Rules in UK have not been relaxed re face masks. In US it ranges from good to non existent depending on where you are, while in UK the rules are consistent with randomized test tracking and regional lockdowns. While in US we are near blind in widespread randomized testing and the quality of our scattershot data is considered poor by researchers as we have no standards across various sources, nor any consistency.

In fact there is escalating fines for violating rules starting at 100 pounds and doubling per repeat to a max of 3200 pounds, a significant disincentive. In US even in areas where mask rules exist there are no fines nor consequences and no legal enforcement. It’s left purely to business owners and workers. Wegmans, a well known local grocery store even confirmed to me that if a customer wears no mask they can shop. When I asked what if I take my mask right now they said that is fine.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

#89: September 13, 2020, 08:58:12 AM
Marvin -
I'm sorry that I was confusing in what I was trying to say.

In the US we're SUPPOSED to be social distancing, wearing masks everywhere except the dentist and when dining in, from what I have experienced in a few different states.  I didn't say that we were enforcing it, and again I have asked and was told that they have a "hands off" policy and are not allowed to ask a person to wear a mask, even though they have a sign stating at the entrance that it is a state law.  It's very frustrating.

I said what I said because the article states that masks (in UK) are not required to be worn:

Visitors to cinemas, eat-in restaurants, concert halls, museums, heritage sites, theatres, hairdressers, gyms, leisure centres, dentists and opticians, pubs and restaurants are not be required to wear face masks.

So, it appears that the US is holding stricter criteria - that doesn't necessarily mean that the criteria is being followed.

Does that make sense?

Sea

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.