Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4

• Mentor
Off-Topic Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#60: August 14, 2020, 03:18:13 PM
I just came back from grocery shopping where masks are mandatory but 5 customers had no mask on, several are wearing them below their nose and one man had a child’s cone shaped birthday hat covering his nose..I kid you not! The manager did come on expressing that everyone in the store over the age of 10 had to have a mask and they would gladly provide one if you “forgot”..he stressed that the safety of his staff who have been in the store all day as well as the safety of customers..but people are either too stupid to get it after 6 months or too selfish..I suspect the latter.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

Re: COVID-19, Coronavirus. Its real, stay safe! #4
#61: August 14, 2020, 03:22:48 PM
Had a Walmart trip this afternoon xyz, and it was my first time out that I've seen some of the "anti-maskers". :( One guy made sure we noticed him, and was wearing some sort of "freedom" shirt. Another was a group of teenage boys on phones who kept purposely squeezing between people to be 'funny'. Disheartening. I saw some of the "under the nose" wearers too, but they seem more clueless than cruel.

The boys really bothered me because they were more privileged kids who have likely been on vacations out of town, and I don't like that near my dad, who has copd, and takes all of the precautions. It's sad how people just don't seem to care.

• Mentor
#62: August 14, 2020, 03:26:05 PM
It's really stressful isn't it? You don't dare say anything because you may put yourself in danger if you do.

Today the announcement was made that Canada has extended the border closing until Sept 21 and I am sure that will continue to be extended so I am not going to be able to go home anytime soon.

It does not have to be like this!
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

M
#63: August 14, 2020, 03:58:48 PM
..but people are either too stupid to get it after 6 months or too selfish..I suspect the latter.

Sadly, I wouldn't be too quick to discount the former. Perhaps we might call them misinformed or ignorant instead of stupid.

It does not have to be like this!

No, it doesn't and it shouldn't be like this. IMO, refusing to follow public health requirements is a form of assault. It potentially puts the people around you in danger. Public health laws also violate people's "rights" by not allowing them to defecate in public but that law doesn't seem to be too controversial.

I wear N95 masks that I recycle after wearing them on EMS calls. I wear a mask to protect the people around me. I wear an N95 mask to protect me from the people around me, especially from those who refuse to wear a mask and those who refuse to wear them correctly.

m
#64: August 14, 2020, 03:59:24 PM
It is a form of willful ignorance combined with narcissism wrapped around a complete lack of understand of “freedom.”

I am lucky that in my local area they are the exceptions, and that Walmart and many major stores here actually have someone check and not allow those idiots (yes I said it) to come inside.

I even feel bad when my bank forced me to go to branch for something I should have been able to do online, not for me, but for the branch employees. But they were fully enforcing the distance and the masks.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
#65: August 14, 2020, 04:08:56 PM
On mask wearing, I am sure no one is very comfortable wearing a mask. I personally find it restricting and irritating. However, I wear a mask for other people, I wear a mask because it is the least I can do, I wear a mask because if I don't, I will be fined, my company will be fined.

There are very good reasons to wear a mask, there is a study that says it reduces the viral load if contaminated, it protects the other person if you have the disease and you are assymptomatic.

Our supermarkets are very strict and most of them test your temperature as you come in, they also insist on wiping down the handles of your shopping cart and dousing your hands with sanitizer!
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

M
#66: August 14, 2020, 07:05:33 PM
Mitzpah, I am pleased to hear that the stores are very strict where you live. I hope that will help to keep you safe. I worry about you down there when I read the news reports.  :)

Marvin, our Walmart also requires masks for entry so a lot of people wear their masks until they get inside, then they either slide them down or remove them. We're very fortunate to be in a rural area where community spread is currently very low.

m
#67: August 14, 2020, 07:20:22 PM
MBIB: actually here I see very high compliance even inside, and when we have pointed out a few people or staff who don’t comply I almost always get immediate action from managers. At least here most places do take it seriously. I do know the minute I hit PA and went into a store 1/2 the people were not complying on purpose. And this was in a rural area. The low spread rate in rural areas is not holding in areas that are mask resistant. That was only true in the early days where rural areas thought they were somehow ‘immune.” The hotspots are now just as bad in rural areas.

The willingness to comply is very regional.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#68: August 14, 2020, 07:37:04 PM
Hello,

The willingness to comply is very regional.

That's so sad. I think back to the WWII Generation. They grew up poor in the Great Depression. As my aunt would say, "We didn't know how poor we were because everyone was poor. Then WWII struck. I had one uncle on my mom's side who died for our country. He didn't have to go as he was the only son to carry on the family name. No draft for him, he volunteered. My uncle's brother was stationed on the Philippines when Japan took the island. He stayed behind so MacArthur could leave. He spent the entire war as a POW. Beaten and severely starved. He somehow survived. This generation came back only to invest their tax dollars to build colleges for their kids. While the men fought, the ladies stayed and worked the factories. They went without meat and rationed gas.

Now we can't even unite to put on a face covering to save our own.

I really miss the Great Generation.

((((Ready))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
#69: August 14, 2020, 07:59:53 PM
Now we can't even unite to put on a face covering to save our own.

I don't understand why it's so hard...you don't have to wear a mask at home or outside but when you step inside a public place it is the law. It stresses me out so much to go buy groceries but I have tried ordering and don't get the things I need.

Our King Sooper's is not cleaning the shopping carts anymore. There are wipes you can use. I bring my own disinfectant spray.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.