Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
Off-Topic Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#10: October 12, 2018, 05:07:27 AM
Congrats Nah!

I read what I could and will look into buying it! I never fail to be amazed at how all our stories are similar...

I was just listening to a video from Vikki Stark, and I thought, that’s us. She described me and The Leaver like she personally knew us.

That was the biggest challenge of writing my story. Yes, I touched upon it, but when I first started writing (5 years ago) it was 90% about HIM. Just like we do in RL, all our focus is on them. My husband was working 60/80 hours a week when we were in our 20’s and all our friends were living with their parents and going to the beach every day. We thought we were so smart, working hard and “getting ahead”... but look what happened. How many of us say, we worked all our lives and as soon as we were ready to relax... BOOM!!

Yep. Me too.

I was saying to E last night, it’s a different kind of “metoo” movement.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

B
Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#11: October 12, 2018, 05:42:44 AM
I'm on chapter 3, have found a couple of errors....should have noted where they were for you, or changing a word for better flow.  I am loving it, but it has brought up so much for me, from my own experiences, those damn feelings!  I like the style of your writing, it's very similar to how I like to write as well. 

• Mentor
#12: October 12, 2018, 05:47:31 AM
Question for anyone who might know.
I have a Nook, not a Kindle, so it looks like it is not compatible with e-books on Amazon.

My question is if I buy the e-book can I just listen to it on my laptop some how?

Otherwise I'll wait for the book to come out.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

B
#13: October 12, 2018, 05:55:55 AM
Thunder, you should be able to download Kindle on your laptop and read it off of there.  I had to download the Kindle app on my phone to read it, as it wouldn't work with Kobo, which is what I normally use. 

• Mentor
#14: October 12, 2018, 06:11:19 AM
Oh really?  I'll try that, thank you!   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
#15: October 12, 2018, 06:56:30 AM
I'm on chapter 3, have found a couple of errors....should have noted where they were for you, or changing a word for better flow.  I am loving it, but it has brought up so much for me, from my own experiences, those damn feelings!  I like the style of your writing, it's very similar to how I like to write as well.

Thank you BB, If I have enough people finding them, hopefully I will get them all

... and I know what you mean about it stirring up emotions. Sometimes when I would go back and read a chapter to E, I would tear up. He often did too
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

T
#16: October 12, 2018, 09:28:44 AM
Found it, read a bit, boy does it hit close to home.  I will read properly!  I'll let you know if I find anything that needs attention...

Well done on completing it, I know what that takes!

P
#17: October 12, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
Hi Nah,
You did it girl! Congrats!

I started to read it but I'm sorry, my ptsd kicked in (to close) so I did not download it but you can buy it in Sweden also!

I don't write much these days on HS but still do read alot, so I'm up to date on most stories.

To me, I'm more and more sure I married an abuser, I don't care any more what causes it mlc/depression or what abuse is abuse. My oldest said the other day when I said my usual; When is it enough, doesn't he (XH) realise that there is a limit of evil in what you do to other people? Son 29 said; Mum he has passed that limit loooong ago! 

But still; so happy for you and your writing.

Hugs

b
  • Mentor
#18: October 12, 2018, 12:25:11 PM
Congratulations Nah!. I am impressed that you have accomplished writing a book on what has to be the most painful life event . I have purchased , downloaded and intend a good cup of coffee, the fire lit and a good read. I have also gone back and forth with writing a book... at the moment, I have taken a break, but perhaps you can inspire me back to it . It is supposed to be a way to heal and grow thru words and walking thru the pain. I am VERY impressed...it is not an easy thing to do !!
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

#19: October 12, 2018, 01:23:55 PM
I can find it with a Portuguese IP on Amazon.com Just type Nancy Nap on Amazon.com's first page search box with "all". It shows right away.

The book brought nothing to me. I read what was on Amazon in a professional manner.

It needs lots of work. For flow, for ideas to be clear, for tipos, for editing. And you need to find someone who can do the proofreading that is not you or your editor. All those tasks are different and have to be done by a different person.

Formatting/lay-out/fonts/font sizes, etc. must also done by someone who knows how to do it.

You also need to explain who the Leaver is. Second paragraph of the first chapter has "The Leaver had an explanation...", but who is he and why do you call him that? And shouldn't it be "... that warm day in April would..."

There is nothing about MLC on the book description be it on Amazon or your blog - there is a mention inside the first chapter. Without it, is is just one more book about a guy who leaves and divorces.

You also need to think you are writing for a wider audience, not on your journal or on HS. It reads like HS posts or a journal (that needs a lot of editing) and a book has to be more than that.

There is too much swearing and name calling right from the start. Again, it reads like your HS's posts.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.