Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  Old Timers thread 6

• Mentor
Discussion Old Timers thread 6
#60: September 30, 2020, 02:28:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear that MsMedfly and will add you to my prayers...what a shock to find that out at age 43..and then all the chemo and radiation.....

I keep telling myself...God has a plan.

You take good care of yourself and your loved ones....I have much to be grateful for but BD created in me a tremendous amount of "fear" and anxiety and everything seems bigger than it really is.

I loved this!!!!!
I say write in other: independently owned and operated!!

((((HUGS)))))
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

s
Old Timers thread 6
#61: October 01, 2020, 06:20:56 PM
xyz - sending some good thoughts through cyber space. 

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

• I am surviving and going foward
Old Timers thread 6
#62: October 02, 2020, 06:14:20 AM
Xyz
  I'm sorry to hear about your health issues . You was very helpful to me and I will be there for you if you need to vent,scream just whatever all you need to do is message me .

(((( Hugs ))))

• Mentor
Old Timers thread 6
#63: October 06, 2020, 06:25:54 AM
Thanks to all of you. My "virtual" family.

The test results are "better" in that I don't need any medical intervention other than medications and lifestyle changes. I do have a 30% blocked left main artery, no symptoms but it freaks me out a bit. However, had I not gone to see a doctor to be prescribed a medication, I would be none the wiser.

There are lifestyle choices I can make, more cardio exercise (and I already am quite committed to an exercise routine), healthier diet (that's probably the hardest for me) and decrease my stress level.

I am finding that I am "thinking" more about my life...things like this do that and I am grateful in some ways for this wakeup call.

I will met with my therapist again because the mind/body connection is quite strong and needs some delving into .....for my heart and my love for him are intertwined and I am not sure if that is logical or not but it is very real.

My prayers are for each one of you, in these strange and crazy times and I thank you for showing your care and concern to me. God bless you all.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

Old Timers thread 6
#64: October 06, 2020, 06:42:32 AM
That sounds like pretty good news, xyz, and I'm so pleased to hear it  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Old Timers thread 6
#65: October 06, 2020, 07:59:37 AM
     Glad to hear XYZ!
You will find that the cardio will help with your stress as well. Try and get your heart rate high even if just for a short time. It can make all the difference in the world !
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

Divorce final Nov-21

M
Re: Old Timers thread 6
#66: October 07, 2020, 01:20:57 AM
So glad to hear this, xy.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Administrator
Re: Old Timers thread 6
#67: October 07, 2020, 09:04:07 AM
Thanks to all of you. My "virtual" family.

The test results are "better" in that I don't need any medical intervention other than medications and lifestyle changes.

More Golf - less Carbs.

• Mentor
Old Timers thread 6
#68: October 07, 2020, 01:41:23 PM
More Golf - less Carbs.

INDEED OP! I played my second day of golf in a row today  and will play again tomorrow  :D

Does less Carbs include beer????

• I am surviving and going foward
Old Timers thread 6
#69: October 07, 2020, 06:06:47 PM
There is carbs in beer ? :-X

Glad to hear test results are better than expcted

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.