Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  Old Timers thread 6

• Mentor
Old Timers thread 6
#71: October 08, 2020, 07:22:41 AM
Thank you OP! So many choices! Fortunately I already have Corona and Michelob light in the frig :)
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
Re: Old Timers thread 6
#72: October 08, 2020, 08:26:03 AM
Well I just learned something

https://www.delish.com/food/g26987069/low-carb-beer/

Oh wow! I wish they had that kind here... I will have do some researching :P
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

M
Old Timers thread 6
#73: October 13, 2020, 02:03:25 PM
No, beer is carb free, as are cupcakes, and all desserts when you’re one of us!!! 🤣🤣💜💜

M
Old Timers thread 6
#74: October 13, 2020, 02:18:16 PM
I wasn’t done.. stupid technology..

LP and Air, lawd how I’ve missed y’all... I finally figured out where all  my people went.

Genius landed exactly where you predicted he would.. Ostrich still have his head buried??

I can’t believe, after the hell that man put you through, he has the balls to blame you.. Yup, I said it, I’m from Texas.. I can’t help it!!

I do have this secret wish that puffy sends me the apology email I think I deserve. However, after the latest meme to hit Facebook, puffy is up next in 2020. Yes, my ex husband is a flaming ball of massive marshmallow goo.. the stay puff marshmallow man!!

I know his mlc certainly humbled me and I’m so grateful for it. I’d become just like him in so many ways and I don’t like him... and I know I didn’t like me..

Now, I’m a better person, friend, wife,  mom, aunt because of what I went through..

I still think a fruit basket to puffy would just be a fabulous idea!! Thank you for divorcing me, I’m having an incredible life!! Thanks...

Too soon??

K
Old Timers thread 6
#75: November 17, 2020, 05:15:45 AM
Has anyone heard from ,Never say Never?  or Medusa?

Old Timers thread 6
#76: November 17, 2020, 05:47:30 AM
I talked to NSN last week.
She and her hubby are reconciled and working through issues, but it's what she wants - and as we know - that's what's most important.
Seems like some come back with more issues than others...
As long as they're willing to work on themselves...

M
Re: Old Timers thread 6
#77: November 18, 2020, 01:02:04 AM
So good to hear about Never, I have been thinking about her lately.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

S
Old Timers thread 6
#78: November 22, 2020, 05:00:19 AM
Wow!  I am so happy for Never.  I love a happy ending.  I can only imagine that it is very difficult, but the opportunity to heal together is available, and that is an amazing thing......
H:56, I am 54
BD: March 2014, Left Sept 2014, Back Nov 2014
Left again in February 2015.  Asked for D on 9/22/15
Said he was "sure" he wanted a D in Dec 2015; 
Admitted long term affair - May 14, 2017 - says he is in love with the "symptom" but wants to build a relationship with me with "clear expectations" WHATEVER THAT MEANS!  Settlement Agreement signed 9/20/17.
Divorce final 3/14/18.
NC - by choice - 1/2018

S
Old Timers thread 6
#79: November 22, 2020, 04:58:31 PM
Hello all.  Hope you are doing well.

I don't post anymore as nothing to report.  BD was 2012 and husband a vanisher.  Thought I would add a quick update as we got messages from him recently.  Mine was to do with something we own together and which he wants to sell.  No surprise there.  I deleted the message.  No interest in anything he has to say, nor am I willing to return any calls.

Even contacted the kids  :o.  Said new job and moved state, seemed happy.  Added he recently had a bad illness (HAD not has) and can they contact him.  Kids were upset to hear from him and deleted his messages.

This was the person who abandoned his family and withdrew all finances, contact and support, and who put his children through emotional turmoil, as well as never asking how they are or even sending a dime for food.  A particularly vile man.

These calls came when we were all experiencing another stressful time, so the sound of his voice was truly unwanted, as well as his requests.

To anyone new to the site and reading this, I was in your situation and consumed by his behaviour and abandonment.  We made it to the other side, and now have zero interest in him at all.   I'm sure OW is probably still hanging around and waiting for her payday.  Who knows, don't care.  All we care about is we want him to go away and never contact us again.

There was a time when all I wanted was for him to come home.  That too, passes.

Stay well everyone, and focus on you.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:03:33 PM by Snowdrop »
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.