Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster LBS Stages 4

• Mlc- Cake eater for 3 yr now vanisher
MLC Monster Re: LBS Stages 4
#60: February 02, 2020, 09:49:51 AM
Yes, ow co worker, 16 yrs younger, never been married and no kids. Ex h is with her 24/7 as she now does his hobbies with him aswell xx
Me 55
H56
Divorced 3/dec/2019
Together 30yrs
BD 20/10/2014
Left first 12/12/2014
10 come backs and leaves again for same ow
Last left 7.03.17.
Ow 16 yrs younger, no children never been married. co worker. EA turned to PA and lives with ow
Divorce bomb drop by him 31/8/17 by solicitor letter after being caught by ow at lunch with me 3 wk earlier. Finances Not yet finalised.
Crazy divorce started by him.
Clinging boomerang for 3 yrs now Vanisher but  twice a yr pops his head up. ow has balls in a vice!

• Mentor
Re: LBS Stages 4
#61: February 02, 2020, 12:00:51 PM
RP -
My H's ow does his hobbies with him as well.
I think that's a pretty normal part of integrating into their lives.
On the other hand, I am out doing new things that we've never done together.
Partly because it hurts to do things alone that we used to do together, but part of it GAL and exploring what I was unable to in the past.

My H posted photos of ow and our boat last summer.
Tore my heart a that was the boat that our family used to use at our lake house.
Just the same-ol for them though. 
Somehow they (MLCer) seems to believe that as long as they're doing it still, nothing changes...

Sea

K
LBS Stages 4
#62: March 01, 2021, 05:03:34 AM
Yup, OW 15 years younger. 38, never married, no kids, does contract work for him. Not a looker either. In fact, when I met her about two years ago,  (always curious about what she looked like), I immediately sized her up as no threat and never gave her a second thought.

It was only when I checked the cell phone records, that I saw a massive volume of calls. Incidentally, something I had never done in 24 years. It was only after my son told me he was taking Facetime calls with her out on the deck after hours that I checked.

I can’t figure it out though. For nearly six months he has been up in our vacation house (8 hour drive). It seems like an emotional affair. He says they only talk about work and she has a boyfriend. I don’t know if he is living a fantasy life, having a mental break, they have agreed to wait until the SOs are out of the way- since he just lies (used to be honest to a fault), I am only left filling in the blanks.
Me - 51, xh - 52
Together 26 years - Married 24 at separation
D - 23, S - 20
No BD - gradually moved out into our vacation house starting 8.20

a
  • Trial Subscriber
LBS Stages 4
#63: December 19, 2023, 12:23:25 PM
when people say 'attaching' what does that mean?

z
LBS Stages 4
#64: December 19, 2023, 12:52:23 PM
On threads, it most likely refers to people "subscribing" to a thread so that they are notified when new replies are posted. You can do this without publicly posting but replying subscribes you (by default, I believe) and is a nice way to let everyone know you are following along.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
LBS Stages 4
#65: December 20, 2023, 01:36:10 AM
On threads, it most likely refers to people "subscribing" to a thread so that they are notified when new replies are posted. You can do this without publicly posting but replying subscribes you (by default, I believe) and is a nice way to let everyone know you are following along.

This is exactly correct. When you "attach" to a thread by replying, any new posts to that/those threads show up in the "New Replies to my posts" link.
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.