Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Yet another love, but not in love.

My Story Yet another love, but not in love.
#140: May 03, 2024, 11:55:35 AM
I think though the internet it all looks a bit different, but really i can't imagine that i would let anyone drive in this state, especially after playing "friendship" with them for half a year...
For me his broken heart hurts, yeah maybe i am an idiot but i feel compassion for him, he truly fell in love with her and yes he is not a stranger to me, divorce or not we are still two close enough ppl to feel compassion for.
Me dating might be a very wrong idea, it probably is, but it makes me feel good at the moment and not much else does. I am not jumping from bed to bed, i am just having nice time in nice places, nothing more...
I don't think my husband has any serious substance abuse problems. I'v seen him drunk maybe several times during our whole marriage. But i understand how being depressed, rejected and in mlc can lead to such behavior. I hope he will be fine.
Maybe i am doing everything wrong.

It’s not my place or anyone else’s to tell you that you are right or wrong. You know what your goal is, what price you are prepared to pay and you will do you.

We get how difficult this is and how it can take quite a while to work out what is truly best for you.

But it isn’t our responsibility to blow smoke up your ass either. Which is why we challenge you to look at why you think the way you think about it and encourage you to be as clear eyed about it all as you can. And that includes sometimes saying uncomfortable things like ‘this isn’t healthy for you maybe’ or ‘that isn’t normal’ or ‘that doesn’t make sense’. You have the right of course to pick and choose, and to ignore what we say. So, for instance, you say you believe he doesn’t have a substance abuse problem….yet many of us would say that stealing medication, drinking gin and then driving is not normal healthy adult behaviour. But if you think it is, or decide that it is excusable somehow, or not his choice and responsibility… well, we have to accept that’s how you currently see it and wish you well.

Tbh you can’t ’do things wrong’ with regard to his behaviour bc it isn’t bc of you or in your control; you can only ‘do things wrong’ that make your path harder or create more damage for you or others affected by how you choose to deal with what’s happening. So, I hope you can show yourself at least as much compassion as you are showing him and find some peace from the chaos of his crisis behaviour. I really do wish you well but I’m not sure I’m the kind of voice you are open to hearing right now, so I will step away from your thread and let others support you in ways you might find more helpful.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

A
  • Trial Subscriber
Yet another love, but not in love.
#141: May 03, 2024, 12:45:07 PM
I think though the internet it all looks a bit different, but really i can't imagine that i would let anyone drive in this state, especially after playing "friendship" with them for half a year...
For me his broken heart hurts, yeah maybe i am an idiot but i feel compassion for him, he truly fell in love with her and yes he is not a stranger to me, divorce or not we are still two close enough ppl to feel compassion for.
Me dating might be a very wrong idea, it probably is, but it makes me feel good at the moment and not much else does. I am not jumping from bed to bed, i am just having nice time in nice places, nothing more...
I don't think my husband has any serious substance abuse problems. I'v seen him drunk maybe several times during our whole marriage. But i understand how being depressed, rejected and in mlc can lead to such behavior. I hope he will be fine.
Maybe i am doing everything wrong.

It’s not my place or anyone else’s to tell you that you are right or wrong. You know what your goal is, what price you are prepared to pay and you will do you.

We get how difficult this is and how it can take quite a while to work out what is truly best for you.

But it isn’t our responsibility to blow smoke up your ass either. Which is why we challenge you to look at why you think the way you think about it and encourage you to be as clear eyed about it all as you can. And that includes sometimes saying uncomfortable things like ‘this isn’t healthy for you maybe’ or ‘that isn’t normal’ or ‘that doesn’t make sense’. You have the right of course to pick and choose, and to ignore what we say. So, for instance, you say you believe he doesn’t have a substance abuse problem….yet many of us would say that stealing medication, drinking gin and then driving is not normal healthy adult behaviour. But if you think it is, or decide that it is excusable somehow, or not his choice and responsibility… well, we have to accept that’s how you currently see it and wish you well.

Tbh you can’t ’do things wrong’ with regard to his behaviour bc it isn’t bc of you or in your control; you can only ‘do things wrong’ that make your path harder or create more damage for you or others affected by how you choose to deal with what’s happening. So, I hope you can show yourself at least as much compassion as you are showing him and find some peace from the chaos of his crisis behaviour. I really do wish you well but I’m not sure I’m the kind of voice you are open to hearing right now, so I will step away from your thread and let others support you in ways you might find more helpful.

I don't see how after heavy heartbreak taking 1 pill and getting drunk is a substance abuse... i see how dangerous it is for him and other ppl. But substance abuse is too much maybe?:)) Ppl did crazier things after heartbreaks.

A
  • Trial Subscriber
#142: May 05, 2024, 05:17:21 AM
Well, surprisingly for now my H didn't loose his job over all this EA with his colleague.
He is obviously sad and all, but got himself back to relatively normal state, helps me with my driving, does some stuff around the house. Yes, ofc it's just another circle of the same MLC, but it seems like some sort of a progress...
It doesn't give me any hope or whatever, just makes the situation a little bit easier to live around.
I am focused on my own progress, which despite all the fear, fails and uncertainty slowly moves in the right direction, step by step.
In terms of dating i keep one guy with whom i like to talk, for now it's nothing but casual coffee and talking, so let's put it in socializing folder.
No craziness for a couple of weeks would be really good... :)

A
  • Trial Subscriber
#143: May 06, 2024, 02:31:26 PM
How do you handle that, when air is so thick with silence that you can hang your coat on it?
He never was much of a talker, but to have a casual conversation with him this days is almost impossible, we eat together in silence, we watch together in silence... there is so much silence in this house.
I don't know if it's my anxiety, if its his depression, if it's just a ruined to the ground marriage, but it is pretty hard. I still find those warm feelings for him sometimes, rare... i don't have hope anymore, hell i don't even know how can it ever be...
I feel myself like a wh*re when i just go on a casual date, though my H is totally okey with me dating... I can't be with him, can't be with anyone else, wtf.
All of that mlc or whatever comes down to - is there better option? And if the answer is yes, then he is gone, me is gone, all of this is gone.
But he will drink a bit, smoke a bit, recover from this sh... and move on. And i gonna still be feeling like a wh*re when i agree to drink coffee with a guy. Cause he is my H. It's so idiotic.
He left me for another woman, who doesn't want him and he says to my face that i never probably loved anyone the way he loves her... God dammit, where is my plan B?!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 02:33:44 PM by Anoi »

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#144: May 06, 2024, 11:41:52 PM
Of course he is OK with you dating.

Why?

Because it justifies (for him) what he is doing. "See, she didn't really love me either. She's already going out with other guys...." etc.

That is typical MLC behaviour only to be seconded by the Ï don't want you but I don't want anyone else to have you either" nonsense.
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

A
  • Trial Subscriber
#145: May 08, 2024, 10:49:38 AM
Of course he is OK with you dating.

Why?

Because it justifies (for him) what he is doing. "See, she didn't really love me either. She's already going out with other guys...." etc.

That is typical MLC behaviour only to be seconded by the Ï don't want you but I don't want anyone else to have you either" nonsense.

I am not sure about the second part. He doesn't want me and he is really happy to get rid of me no matter which way...
I don't see any love from him, though he said that he loves me and he hates me the other day. I see apathie. I don't think there is even a slight chance of reconciliation and so he is really okey with me seeing other ppl or doing whatever, nothing seems to change his opinion.

A
  • Trial Subscriber
#146: May 09, 2024, 07:06:45 AM
Oh, MLC is really awesome, it like a plague touching every corner of his life. Ruined marriage is not enough? EA that ended with a big heartbreak not enough? Ofc not! Now he thinks that his job is awful, he is tired of it and he doesn't know what he wants to do, but he does know what he doesn't want - his job. Way down we go....
I can go have sex with half of the country i wouldn't do more damage to myself he did already to his life and my. Unbelievable.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.