Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Love and Insanity continues

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My Story Love and Insanity continues
#150: September 14, 2021, 06:13:08 AM
the R between you and the kids is a different subject that the R between xH and the kids or xH and you and should realistically be handled as such until such time as there is enough healing within the individuals and the sub-groups to allow for progress to be made on a macro level...

URSA- /\THIS/\ is probably the best approach. Also, I agree. D30 has never been able to own her part in the R or any R when it comes to conflict. She honestly is like her father except confrontational. She spews and then wont listen to the other side. Her F just shuts down completely. Non confrontational. They dont like conflict, yet they create it. Unknowingly at times,maybe? Either way very hard to have relationships with unhealthy communicators. The funny thing is middle school my daughter was elected into the mediator program. If kids had conflicts she would be the mediator to resolve the conflict. She can see other conflicts and resolutions but cant see her own.

Can't see the forest because her nose is pressed hard against a tree, eh?

Well, until she decides that she has had enough pain inflicted in her R's, nothing will change. She will have to (for some people that is the only way they can) learn by way of the "School of Hard Knocks" that maybe there are  things that SHE needs to look at if she wants a healthy relationship...

Of course, if she chooses not to do that and continues to blame and point fingers, then 1) there is nothing that you can do about it (she IS an adult after all) and 2) it is maybe a situation that you wish to distance yourself from... I mean who, in their right mind, returns for abuse time and time again (Stockholm Syndrome aside)? At some point, we too say "All right, that is just about enough of that."

Oh, by  the way, it is that time... You need a new thread:

New thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11827.0
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 10:10:51 AM by Thunder »
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.