Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2

Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2
#60: April 08, 2019, 01:46:09 PM
Thank you RCR,

It’s gone back to normal size although the colour is still odd but at least I can now do everything again now.

Many thanks

X

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#61: April 08, 2019, 06:40:19 PM
I do not think we (mods) have the capability to do that.

Login is maintained by cookie on user's computer/mobile device.  No one here can remove it.  If your browser is in privacy mode (it should be), closing it will delete cookie, else you have to manually delete history to get rid of it.

The menu buttons that went to the main-home and blog are no longer there

You should see them in Curve MC.

I also need to re-add Silver's and it is not showing up in my current theme.

That's usually caused by caching.  You can clear forum cache in Admin -> Forum Maintenance.  You can also clear your browser cache, or use different browser.  If server is doing any caching, images can be very persistent.

I finally added it by uploading in cpanel (is that bad?) and it is still not refreshing to show the badge. Is it a cookie sort of thing?

Uploading with cpanel filemanager is no different from ftp.  Nothing to do with cookies.

What has been giving me a problem is sometimes when I try to get into my admin area (and perhaps others if I try) it says my session is timed out or a similar error.

That's probably a server issue.  Hasn't happened to me.

A
Re: Forum Problems 2
#62: June 15, 2019, 09:34:37 AM
Disclosure: I am a tech-dummy.

It’s taking ages to open anything on HS right now.
Slower than a tortoise.
I’m not having any trouble with other websites. 
Is anyone else having the same problem?
Feb 2015: BD. 
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

H never left home.

A
#63: June 15, 2019, 10:35:44 AM
Well, what da ya know, it’s back to normal speed.
Apparently, the solution was to ‘complain’ about it. 
Who knew?!  ;D

H never left home.

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#64: June 15, 2019, 01:31:17 PM
Getting really slow page loads, 500 error on first login attempt.  Contact host support, this is a server issue.

You're currently running in php 7.2.19, logging a lot of errors (currently 16,506,635 in log, you're logging over a half million per day).  Your _log_errors table in database must be enormous.  SMF 2.0.15 supports up to php 7.1, you need to downgrade to 7.1 in cpanel (I no longer have access).  Don't think that's causing lag, but doesn't help.

A
#65: June 15, 2019, 01:53:23 PM
Thank you SO, though I have no idea what you are talking about. 
Will ask my kids. 

H never left home.

S
  • Administrator
#66: June 15, 2019, 02:02:18 PM
RCR will know (if your kids don't ;)), hopefully she'll be back on today before it gets any worse.

• Mentor
#67: June 15, 2019, 06:10:04 PM
Thanks Sir Osis,

I did notice the slowness today too but it seems better now.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#68: June 15, 2019, 11:19:26 PM
Sorry, I might have an idea...
I've been working to switch the blog to the same host as the forum. I first rebuilt it because I couldn't migrate it--the host was unresponsive and the backups corrupt. So I now have the blog ready and am attempting to take backups with a plugin and they are aborting--just one area, I've got enough, it is only plugins that are not backing up and since it is rebuilt I can just reinstall them and spend a few extra hours with some things I already recreated, but I am working with tech support for the plugin to avoid that.

That may be straining the resources.
I made a mistake when installing the blog to recreate it. One of those silly things--sometimes the cursor jumps and the wrong things gets clicked...well that happened. I was trying to install wordpress in a folder called test and instead selected the main root domain. this forum is in a folder off that root--another reason for possible backup issues--it was backing up too much stuff. i've been working with tech support for the last few days--a few hours each night and some mornings on online chat.

I think I'm at the end. Chat hit a wall and needed to send my issue to additional support and they will email me. I'm hoping for a response tomorrow or since it's a weekend, maybe Monday. Once that is resolved I may have the blog back up quickly. Some pieces won;'t work yet. I need to reconnect all the subsription stuff--which I learned has not worked for months! UGH

But I am so excited that the blog is almost ready to be functional again. It's been a nightmare off-and-on for over a year. I've changed the colors slightly--just switched to a green that is more muted and matches the theme I use here for continuity.

Some things here are not working right now either. There are some images that I use here that are stored at the blog and those are not working and should be fixed once it is located at the correct url. The theme I use has a header there. Most are not on it now, but once things are settled I need to switch it to the default theme, as that was my intention for it.

Happy Father's Day!

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.