Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Script sentences and WTF moments

Discussion Re: Script sentences and WTF moments
#110: May 19, 2019, 04:17:57 PM
Don't attach ANY expectation to it. If it makes you feel good then fine. And the mention of how much it costs and not getting that money back believe me Mego if you cannot do it with NO STRINGS ATTACHED do not do it. You are setting yourself up.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
Re: Script sentences and WTF moments
#111: May 19, 2019, 04:25:40 PM
TY Init...

And I get doing stuff with "no strings attached"....but if I don't, how is that to *not* do something out of spite?!?

Tit-for-tat $h!te, and I hate it.  I just figured that $10.00 was worth any stupid outcome.

#112: May 19, 2019, 04:50:38 PM
 Not doing it isn't tit for tat.. and it isn't out of spite..
And doing it isn't trying to show someone you are the bigger person. Or trying to be the bigger person.

Things are different now. He is no longer your H. He might be your son's father but it's up to your son if he wants to do anything.

There is no reason to do it anymore. It's too soon to make attempts at whatever you are trying to do. You have some agenda or motive for doing this. You said maybe they will notice.

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#113: May 19, 2019, 05:04:50 PM
It's too soon to make attempts at whatever you are trying to do. You have some agenda or motive for doing this. You said maybe they will notice.

Yeah, admittedly I do....even if it doesn't resonate "right now."

RCR mentioned that doing the little things will get locked in their subconscious brains....so, who knows?  Just sayin.

Besides they're just cards, so what's $10.00 in the grand scheme?!?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:05:51 PM by megogirl »

#114: May 19, 2019, 06:03:54 PM
I don't know but maybe if you DON'T do it they will notice.

Reminds me of the phrase.
How can they miss you if you will not go away?

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
#115: May 19, 2019, 07:59:37 PM
Yes, init, I have ALWAYS done the card-buying, and gifts.

Which has led me to the most recent.  I have ceased to buy everything else (ie: for birthdays), but upcoming Father's Day cards are glaring.  Just as Mother's Day was, but I've chosen to take the high road - even if they didn't.  $10.00 from my alimony that I'll never get back, but maybe somewhere buried in their pea-brains, they could notice.

And that is all that I'm hoping might happen.

But it isn't necessary what might happen. They could see it as stalking instead of taking the high road, or see it as breaking the terms of the restraining order.

Life is not a Hallmark movie. You have criticized him as a father so many times that it just comes across as acting a part.

At one point Acorn said it is important to be ourselves. If you really feel something for them, go ahead and do it, but if your goal is just to manipulate and get a certain reaction, you are more than likely to be disappointed because in spite of their inability to feel anything, these MLCers seem to have highly attuned BS meters and can sense when we are faking it.

• Mentor
#116: May 19, 2019, 11:22:33 PM
Well Dis then "Your Mom" isn't a total "your Mother" and it grows up a bit from Mommy. These are adjustments you make that may help you detach a bit more.

Ok I have to admit I went to this 'your mother' mode myself after we separated, not so much anymore. I don't know why I did it, always sounded strange to my own ears as well but reading your discussion about it, it was probably kind of subconscious way to become (or try to) more detached. Never thought it from kids view I suppose  ::)
Thanks guys for bringing it up. They don't probably want me to talk about their mother but about mom.

"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#117: May 20, 2019, 12:09:32 AM
In thinking about it, I refer to STBXW as "your mom" or "mom" depending on the conversation.... Yesterday, for example, I dropped off a B-Day card for one of S's friends (I was in charge of getting the present) and sent him a text that the card was in mom's mailbox.... So, all in all, probably more "mom" or "mom's"
Of course, having said that, I never referred to her as "Mommy" to them after they were more than about 3....

As for a WTF moment, I was reminded of another one this morning while I was making my work snacks...

"You eat celery. I HATE celery" Seriously.... can't make this stuff up...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

W
#118: May 20, 2019, 02:01:15 AM
"You eat celery. I HATE celery"
;D, how could you?

XW (very quietly) "you go to Football!".
This was NEVER a Problem before. I have had a Season ticket for over 20 years, I go to maybe 50-70% of home games. Always asked if she wanted to come, sometimes she did.
It was cool though when I bought the Kids Season tickets for 12 years and took them so that she could have some time on the Weekends!!!
They just Twist EVERYTHING. No Point listening really...
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 46
W: 46 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 31) Trainings partner. Is tolerated by LaFamiglia
2 Sons - 20 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

#119: May 20, 2019, 03:33:56 AM
No there really isn't any reason to listen to the nonsense.
It's mostly about trying to justify what they did and at times borders on ridiculous.
You want out of a marriage or a relationship how about saying,
This isn't working for me and be mature about the reasons why.
You eat celery Ursa? Wow how could you do such a thing!

And Whyus if you enjoyed sports for that many years and she said nothing about it until she listed it as it was a problem. She full of it anyway. I'm sure she loved having time for herself.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.