Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Fettling

M
My Story Fettling
#40: March 20, 2022, 06:05:35 PM
Treasur- that name is so quaint. I can hardly wait to get to where you are. I have seen moments of it, so I know it’s possible. Still more work to do. I hope your are surrounded by all good people when you move.  Goodness is always there as is happiness. It’s good to read this to remind is it’s on the horizon !!
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
Fettling
#41: March 21, 2022, 10:51:40 PM
So happy for your Appletree Cottage.  :) I wish you a smooth transition and move.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

Fettling
#42: March 22, 2022, 12:14:30 AM
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum new house lol.
The diamond fell out of my engagement ring somewhere between here and there or there and here. It was a tension set small diamond and in years of gardening and all kinds of hauling stuff around that had never happened even though I never took it off.
After the divorce, I moved it to my right hand. The first time it came out was when I moved here in 2018. Caught it on a door and it pinged out. I was really distraught but then found it on the floor and got it reset. And then, without my noticing, it happened again yesterday.

Yesterday was another day full of Goodness. Sunshine. Met new neighbours who seemed very nice. And a neighbour cockapoo called Maggie who will doubtless set up a ‘who’s the real diva’ competition with Gracie lol.. New landlords turned up with a bottle of fizz and a housewarming card. And the new house has a really nice feel to it. Plus a chum here hosted me for supper thinking i’d have been too busy to want to cook. All good stuff.
And then I spotted the missing diamond  ::)

What was interesting though was my reaction to it....I was lightly miffed as you would be about any missing diamond in a piece of jewellery but not distressed or distraught. It used to mean so much to me and now, without my being conscious of it, it no longer does although it is irreplaceable of course as the one chosen by my then about to be h in 2003. Isn’t that funny? I guess I have detached more than I noticed from these kinds of things and from what they used to mean to me. I will keep my eye out today in case I see it....although it really is a VERY small diamond lol....but i feel a bit hey ho about it, just another thing to fettle or not at some point when I have head space.

Onwards and upwards. Boxes to pack. Paint being delivered. Change of address stuff to do.
Just thought i’d share this though as an example to newbies that you may not always feel how you feel now. Although to be fair, i’m a shockingly slow learner, so it took me six years or so  :D :D :D

Oh and it was my xh’s birthday on Sunday and I forgot until I realised the date yesterday  :)
Life moves forward......

PS now isn’t that funny....I just found the diamond at the bottom of my handbag  ??? It had obviously fallen out as I was getting paperwork and new keys in and out of my bag yesterday. What was the chance? Bizarre. Ah well, God/the universe obviously thinks it still belongs with me. I’ll tuck it away for repair when I have time  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 12:53:59 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

M
Fettling
#43: March 23, 2022, 05:03:39 AM
Wow, on the diamond! You know on your reaction to the diamond I have a little bit of a story like that on my mothers. My D31 went to visit her cousin for her bday. I asked to her get my Moms engagement ring from her BF. She sent a picture of it and all the diamonds were gone. I said, I still want it.

My D31 came home and never gave it to me. Weeks went by and I finally asked. She said, I got drunk and fell in the snow outside and the ring must have came out. We couldn’t find it. So, she just said nothing???? I said, what? Why didn’t you tell me. She said, we hoped we could find it. I said well that’s disappointing and that was all I said. She never apologized or anything.

I moved on from it. It is just a object. I would have loved to have it, but it wont change my life. If you don't find your diamond maybe you can replace it with a different stone. Maybe your birth stone. Maybe it’s a sign? I know some are skeptical of signs and I have always hated the “ everything happens for a reason” ( I always had a hard time after my daughters death with that one) but I do think that there is some truth to it.

Good to hear you had had a warm welcome in your new space. 😊
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

K
Fettling
#44: March 23, 2022, 11:21:22 AM
Diamond lost...found...lost...then found again. All occurring b/c the universe is reminding you that you are detaching in a way and in the time that only you could do. At least that is my take on it anyway.

Your new place sounds wonderful. And I have no doubt you will make it magical for you and Gracie in no time.
Me 50
H 49
S15
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

T
Fettling
#45: March 24, 2022, 01:22:41 AM
I am so happy for your new place, Appletree Cottage sounds just right!

• Mentor
Fettling
#46: March 25, 2022, 07:24:27 AM
Congrats on the successful move! I'm a slow learner too! 5 years on and things are fine for the first time! 

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
Fettling
#47: March 25, 2022, 10:35:15 PM
Looking forward to reading about you and Gracie's new adventures at Appletree Cottage. 
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Fettling
#48: April 05, 2022, 11:29:53 PM
Well, finally, I am out and in! Fair to say that the moving process was hard work and did not go according to plan lol. Snow, gales and a moving team halved by covid made it all more difficult so my moving ‘day’ ended up being a game of two halves - part one on Thursday followed by part two on Monday. A blown down tree, a couple of small breakages, a chest of drawers that won’t fit up the twisty cottage stairs, a car still in the shop, no broadband....and why is it that the one box you really need is always lurking underneath ten others lol....but also some very welcoming new neighbours, a bunch of daffodils from a random stranger, kind helpful chums and a house that ‘feels’ right. Plus a new garden to play with. I was very impressed and reassured though by how my system coped with it all   :) such a clear signal of how far I have recovered from how I was a few years ago. Grateful for that.

It’s an interesting process in unpacking to see markers of an old life and to find oneself reflecting without pain on things that might or might not fit a new chapter. I have a ridiculous number of champagne glasses  ::)

So, lots of fettling still to do here. Tbh the new house looks like an old fashioned junk shop right now when you have to clamber over a pile of boxes to find a hidden sofa treasure lol. But it feels like good fettling if that makes sense. Fettling for good purpose. Fettling that is about more than survival. Fun fettling. And Gracie the cat has been surprisingly good....she has commandeered the main bedroom which is a pocket of calm order and likes playing with empty boxes it seems  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Fettling
#49: April 06, 2022, 01:30:16 AM

New exercise routine for Gracie?
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.