Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Fettling

My Story Fettling
#60: May 10, 2022, 10:49:15 AM
So sorry to hear about Gracie. Pets are also like family so when they get sick, it’s also hard and painful for us. If my dog pukes because of something she ate, I would be panicking already. I hope the vet will be able to help Gracie. Hugs to you.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

Fettling
#61: May 10, 2022, 11:16:06 AM
Wow Gracie is part of our family.  Sending you strength and mega virtual hugs.

5hil

M
Fettling
#62: May 10, 2022, 12:39:14 PM
Oh no, I just had to make that tough choice with my beautiful Bailey . I’m so sorry you are having to even think about this . the unconditional love of our animals can not even be measured. I’m so very sorry and will send positive thought both your way.
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
Fettling
#63: May 10, 2022, 03:28:33 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Gracie. As others have said, our pets give us unconditional love and really help us in so many ways.

Hope it is something that can be treated easily. Let us know.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
Re: Fettling
#64: May 10, 2022, 05:28:14 PM
Oh my gosh Treasur, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about little Gracie.
I know how much she means to you.
I pray they can come up with some answers to help her.

Grace was so blessed to have found such a good mom.

I remember how hard it was for you to lose your other cat who had been with you through so much...and I'm sorry I don't remember his name, it's right on the tip of my tongue.

Please let us know how things go.

{{Big Hug}}
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

E
Fettling
#65: May 10, 2022, 07:07:56 PM
Very sorry to hear that Gracie is poorly Treasur. Sending big hugs.
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

Fettling
#66: May 12, 2022, 12:01:58 AM
A few vets have said here that the LBS life skills we acquire turn out to be pretty useful for lots of other things, and that has proved to be so here too.

In the course of a day, after posting here, I was able to wrestle my mind back to a more useful place. I don’t know what the cause or prognosis is for Gracie....so just like not knowing post BD etc, I can choose how I think about it. I can choose to operate on the belief right now, in the absence of other info, that there will be some anti-convulsants medication that will work and that I am a creative human who will figure out a way to help Gracie live differently but well. If that changes, I’ll adapt to that. I should hear from the vet today or tomorrow about the last set of tests and i’ll figure It out from there.

But oh my goodness, she’s a spunky little cat, full of love and head butt purrs regardless. And I have been buttressed by love and kindness from friends in RL, from you guys, from strangers in a pet store overhearing my conversation about potential options and popping up to say that their cat/dog has epilepsy and is doing well on medication some years later  :) kindness....its a darned superpower, isn’t it?

So, as I am writing this morning, Gracie is curled up snoozing in a patch of sunlight at the end of my bed. No seizures yet this morning but tuna for breakfast  :) the sun is shining after a rainy grey day yesterday and the birds are singing. A chum is swinging by later this morning to take us both to a garden centre a few miles away that neither of us have visited before which is built in the walled garden of an old Manor House. There will be tea and cake. Me and Gracie have had a bit of a scary rollercoaster couple of months, that’s true, but we have survived that and we are surrounded by love and support whatever unfolds. And there is always tuna and cake  ;)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Fettling
#67: May 20, 2022, 12:02:34 PM
Hi Treasur, good to hear Gracie us fine again.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

E
Fettling
#68: May 20, 2022, 04:13:26 PM
How IS Gracie doing Treasur? I love a head butt purry kitty. Our Swaggie kitty is still so very much missed and when I read your post up there about Gracie sleeping in the sun it brought back vividly what it was like to spend time with her. I’m hoping Gracie is doing well and you have some good options for medication treatment. I’m also hoping that this weekend there is more cake and tuna! Xx
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

Fettling
#69: May 20, 2022, 10:44:31 PM
Gracie is still unwell unfortunately. None of the tests showed anything which is good and bad bc it would help to have a cause. Meanwhile I feel like I am obsessively watching her every move. Ha ha, i’m saying that to a bunch of LBS, right?  ??? :)

So I am (trying) to start her on anti-convulsant meds at the vet’s suggestion. But she was off her food yesterday, perhaps bc she has had a few seizures just as she is about to eat, so the simple choice of mixing it with her food was a no-go. Which meant finding out that she does not much like taking medicine from a syringe  ::) But also that she forgives me after a couple of minutes and wants to cuddle. And after a couple of hours, she was playing with her favourite ball for the first time in over a week. Which means this morning an early trip to the shop for tuna and sardines and out with the syringe again. It will probably take a week to see any real difference.....and of course if it is something like an aggressive brain tumour, the meds will make no real difference. So, right now, idk. But it is one of those times when being solo feels harder and I am aware that I am trying to keep faith while also steeling myself for the worst options which might come down the tracks. The old LBS hope for the best and prepare for the worst, but oh my, I am nervous of more lost loves in my life. Not easy at all. But what an affectionate little girl she is, even though she has been poked and prodded more in the last fortnight than in her entire life to date.

So, a tuna and cake weekend again I think. Sun shining after rain here yesterday so I will medicate by tackling some brambles and a bit of digging. And Gracie will snooze in a pocket of sunshine listening to the radio  :)

I’ll let you all know how it goes but thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my much-loved little grey cat girl x
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:47:30 PM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.