Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story J to the B part 3

M
My Story J to the B part 3
#20: June 08, 2022, 11:13:40 AM
JB- anchor check…..she could call the insurance company and ask that??  She found a reason to contact you,plzzzzzzzz
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

J
J to the B part 3
#21: June 08, 2022, 01:31:58 PM
ML, I thought that originally, but she DID try to log in to the insurance website (and tried to reset the password, which is odd, since it's linked to MY email account). I think it's more fog stupor, as the card says "Expiration date 6/x/2022," so the policy obviously expires 6/x/2022, not 6/30/2022...

But that's a good point, she could have called as well. I also think she just waited to ask, as I doubt she just happened to look at the card on the day it expired...

(Ursa, she's not in for too much of a shock; insurance there is about half what it is here, since this is a "problem state." But she never paid any of it before, so there's THAT.)

Thanks!
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

• Mentor
J to the B part 3
#22: June 08, 2022, 03:48:37 PM
Ursa, she's not in for too much of a shock; insurance there is about half what it is here, since this is a "problem state." But she never paid any of it before, so there's THAT.

My experience when I tried to insure "our car" which was became my car  in the settlement in the same state and with the same insurance company as was previously insured was that I was charged substantially more because I was single and not married. Same car, same address and same driver....I was really angry about that!
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

M
J to the B part 3
#23: June 08, 2022, 04:14:13 PM
Yes, the multi car and home combo brings it down for sure!!!
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired

• Mentor
J to the B part 3
#24: June 08, 2022, 06:32:50 PM
Yes, the multi car and home combo brings it down for sure!!!

No,in my case I still had all that..it was because I was single and not married.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

J
J to the B part 3
#25: June 08, 2022, 07:11:18 PM
I think my insurance went down more from taking her car off, but it definitely went back up on taking XW off as a driver and changing my status to "single."

Although, my motorcycle policy also went up when I went from three bikes to two, so... That stuff is non-rational.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

J
J to the B part 3
#26: August 20, 2022, 04:14:01 PM
Read an interesting idea in an article today, thought someone would appreciate it:

I suspect the trick to manifesting your destiny is to move forward trusting that what’s happening to you is happening for you.

(Article about Dave Grohl, quote by the author.)
https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advice/last-call/dave-grohl-the-storyteller

• Mentor
Re: J to the B part 3
#27: August 20, 2022, 04:51:18 PM
“Life is just too damn short to let someone else’s opinion steer the wheel.”
—Dave Grohl, The Storyteller

I so agree!   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

M
J to the B part 3
#28: August 20, 2022, 05:03:00 PM
It’s not about the prize; it’s about the journey: the rejection, embarrassment, discomfort, and lessons you learn along the way. The reward is that you become the person you’re supposed to be. I suspect the trick to manifesting your destiny is to move forward trusting that what’s happening to you is happening for you
. So agree. Goes back to the simple fact that what doesn’t kill you truly does make you stronger

, you steadfastly work, keep your mind/soul open, say yes, be grateful, and put your whole heart into it, eventually, amazing things will happen to you. It will be a wild ride full of soul-crushing and soul-expanding experiences that will lead you where you’re supposed to be
  Be grateful!!! Appreciate what you have!!! It’s so simple really isn’t it? 

Good read! Thank you JB

Married July 1991
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired

t
J to the B part 3
#29: August 21, 2022, 09:01:51 AM
Wow JohnnyBravo- I really enjoyed that article... def. gave me things to think about.  Thank you for posting it!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.