Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
Off-Topic Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#80: October 28, 2018, 05:42:40 PM

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your story nah and thanks for putting it out there.  If you are ever back in Cali, hope we can meet up.  :)

I would love to hero.

Interesting about the Italian background.  The Leaver's industry was very Italian based (RI stereotype is true), and The Leaver knew the rules.  Can you believe he blew off a funeral of one of the boss's relatives?  Another reason I knew he lost his mind.  He was blackballed from the industry shortly after, not the only reason, but a factor.

btw... my new last name has more vowels than I can count.... ;D ;D.  E is 100% Italian.

However, the editors who gave me some time, wrote pretty much exactly what Goner said, and they said it in exactly the same way, which really hurt at first.

Not at all hurt.  I never claimed to be a professional writer and have considered some of their advise.

I think I might put in a prologue to show the whole book is not all doom and gloom, just haven't had the time yet, but it will be in before I go to paperback.  I also softened some of the early swearing, but I still think some of it belongs, as it is my voice and I do want to keep it that way.  Also, I have had readers send me their typo-finds (if anybody else finds some, please let me know)... I might consider also having an additional "polisher" but honestly, I'm not sure how much I want to spend getting this book made as it's not my profession, just something I wanted to do.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

M
Re: My Book - He.Never.Said.A.Word
#81: October 29, 2018, 04:21:27 PM
Nah, I think it's clear to anyone that you have talent. Maybe it's just me wishing that you would be out there on the bookshelves. You have already achieved so much, it's up to you. If you should want to take it further, I truly believe you could do it, because you listen and you're a fast learner. The editing part is the hardest and the longest, but it's just an acquired skill. Talent you have to be born with. Wishing you much happiness whatever you do.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

nah

#82: October 30, 2018, 04:26:25 AM
Nah, I think it's clear to anyone that you have talent. Maybe it's just me wishing that you would be out there on the bookshelves. You have already achieved so much, it's up to you. If you should want to take it further, I truly believe you could do it, because you listen and you're a fast learner. The editing part is the hardest and the longest, but it's just an acquired skill. Talent you have to be born with. Wishing you much happiness whatever you do.

Thank you Milly, I must admit, the editing portion took me by surprise.  I announced to "E" it was done almost a year ago. Then once the editing began, it never seemed to end.

I encourage everyone on here to write your story, even if it just sits in your nightstand drawer.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

• Mentor
#83: October 30, 2018, 05:16:19 AM
Nah, I'm being totally honest.  It's NOT because I like you and don't want to hurt your feelings by giving you false praise.  If I thought it was no good I just wouldn't say anything.  Maybe just tell you how proud I am of you.  That's just me.  I'm uncomfortable giving criticism, but I am honest.

Having said that, I do think you have a real talent for writing.  Yes you're only in your writing infancy, but I was impressed.  I found the book hard to put down.  It was interesting and I didn't mind the occasional swearing.  It fit the emotions you were feeling.
I thought the story flowed pretty well.

I do think it was probably a good thing you took some of the bad language out in the very beginning, even though it lost a little of it's anger and WTF.  LOL  I just think too much can turn some reader off too soon. 

It looks good now.   :)
I sure wouldn't give up writing if I were you, but I do realize you have a busy job too.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

nah

#84: October 30, 2018, 12:16:42 PM
Thank you so much Thunder, you really are the best thing that ever happened to this forum.

I have always had a creative side but it comes and goes.  I may write again, but I'm not sure.

Lately I have a painting in my head (I have painted before), so that is next, then who knows.

My creative side has soared since I no longer have The Leaver standing over me telling me it's stupid.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

nah

#85: December 22, 2018, 05:06:22 PM
I thought this little blurb would be appropriate on this thread.

I have an author's Facebook page and I received a message;

I saw you wrote a book on a mutual friend’s Facebook. Curiosity made me download and read it. All I can say is I’m really sorry for what you went through and am now grateful for my teenage heartbreak.

I was surprised when I saw the name... The Leaver's girlfriend from high school.

He was her first, they dated for a year or two then he dumped her without saying a word and just started going out with someone else.
The next one, same thing...
One he dumped without saying anything just a few days before the senior prom.

See a pattern?  Only for some reason he stuck with me for 30 years.

Anyways, I wrote back to this woman (who I had met once before) and we decided that we will meet when we are both in RI in the summertime.  Should be fun.

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

nah

#86: August 06, 2019, 07:59:22 PM
Wow... it was 10 months ago I started this thread.

10 months of revisions (I took some advice that I felt was valid, thank you to the people who took the time to read and review), more editing, word refining (grammar and spell checks), cover design, formatting, adding disclaimer, acknowledgments, isbn code, etc.,...

It was exhausting at times but it’s finally here in paperback.,,

https://t.co/BXa9TLygwV?amp=1

Again, thank you to so many for your support!!

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

s
#87: August 06, 2019, 08:02:48 PM
I saw it on Amazon.  Way to go!   Nice accomplishment. 

I'll be purchasing a copy.  However, I'd like a book signing somewhere near me so I have an autographed copy! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

nah

#88: August 06, 2019, 08:08:27 PM
Thank you so much SB

Book signings will definitely be in the future. 😊

Where are you located?  Maybe I can make a stop.  :D

H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986

M
#89: August 06, 2019, 11:54:20 PM
Congratulations, Nah!! I have the kindle copy but will purchase the paper back, too! I love to see my books on the bookshelf! I don't know how you do it all. You are really an LBS success story!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.