Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Forum workings

• Administrator
Forum-Info Forum workings
OP: May 16, 2010, 05:02:02 AM
The verification codes for each post.
Does that go away after you have posted so many times?
Congrats on getting this going. It looks really good!

And in purple!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:41:28 PM by Rollercoasterider »

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum workings
#1: May 16, 2010, 05:42:21 AM
I do love purple...I can be myself again!

It took me a few minuts to figure out what the verification codes are--since I have enough posts that I do not see them.

Remember those PM spam issues we had at that other forum? Those PMers had zero posts. This was a security recommendation to discourage spam posters and yes, it only lasta for a few posts. It is set to either 10 or 25 I think.
I was supposed to set the ability to PMs for a number of posts also, but I don't think that has worked, so I'll need to recheck it.

• Administrator
#2: May 16, 2010, 05:48:09 AM
I think that the verification codes are an excellent idea, if it is only for a short time.

S
  • MLCer Type: Low-Energy
#3: May 16, 2010, 11:05:20 AM
I am so glad you started this forum, RCR.

I have followed your website since I found out about MLC in 2008. I have many, many times directed others to your site. You and I have had several email exchanges over the last 2 years.

Thanks!!!
H43, M44
M 22 years
T  23 years
3 Kids
Crisis began 4/08
Divorced 2/13

• Administrator

M
#5: May 16, 2010, 07:42:27 PM
PM! WE GET TO PM? YAY!!!!!!!!! ;D 8)
M38 H43 M8 T12 Bomb 3/2010
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain

Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.  ~Marlene Dietrich

The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Ghandi

H
  • Let GO, Let God work on your MLC spouse :)
#6: May 17, 2010, 02:40:42 PM
Heck, I didn't realize the PMs were working, LOL...this is a really nice site, RCR.  I've read through some of your articles, and you are a very accomplished, pen lady. :)

There is also a much more peaceful feeling about this board, and I like that very much! :) 

Believe I will hang out with you for some time, if you don't mind. :)
Our marriage survived His MLC, with the help of the Lord.
I have learned that true strength is built through the trials we endure.
There is hope as long as you love your MLC spouse, and, are willing to learn the  life's lessons that are set before you as a result of this crisis.

M
#7: May 17, 2010, 06:02:06 PM
I totally agree, HB. RCR's site is what led me to the belief my H is in MLC and probably saved my chances at saving my M... THANK YOU RCR for this great site. Like the vibe so far, and really like being able to reach out more in a community fashion.

M38 H43 M8 T12 Bomb 3/2010
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain

Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.  ~Marlene Dietrich

The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Ghandi

• Administrator
#8: May 17, 2010, 06:44:19 PM
Just for everyone's info. At this point there is a limit of  5 PM's until you run out of space. So you will have to delete them or send them to e-mail. Might be a function of server space.

• Administrator
#9: May 17, 2010, 06:59:50 PM
Also I just got to 26 posts, the first 25 you must verify. Then it goes away on 26!!!! YEA!!!!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.