Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Help Please 5

H
My Story Help Please 5
#20: December 31, 2023, 04:40:34 PM
The reality is we were never going to get through Christmas without a blow up. Sadly, New Year’s Eve was it. I feel sad that we could not have one last New Year’s Eve together.

But she has agreed to go to her parents on 12 January. Apparently we never had a marriage or a partnership. I must have missed something.

It will be hard without the girls but it is progress. I have done my best. I am sorry I did tell her get f&@ked but that is the worst I have done.

R
Help Please 5
#21: December 31, 2023, 10:51:53 PM
H, it is tough. It will get better, but it is so painful until it's better. Hang in there.

H
Help Please 5
#22: January 01, 2024, 01:01:55 AM
Thanks Reinventing,

It has been the longest 19 months of my life. I am hopeful things will improve when she goes although it will be hard with my daughters for a while.

You do start to believe the story they tell when they are here. The level of anger is hard to take.

R
Help Please 5
#23: January 01, 2024, 09:18:43 AM
Helpnewc, you might find it helpful to have things you say in your mind each time, repeating it when she rewrites history, blames you, or projects on to you. Just some simple ones that you say as mantras to yourself.

That's not my reality.
I don't own that.
I know that isn't true.

Or if you find the flip side of saying the same things more helpful:

My reality is different.
I am a good, decent person.
My truth is different.

H
Help Please 5
#24: January 01, 2024, 01:14:51 PM
Thanks Reinventing, I do do that.

You just wish that somehow some truth would be seen by the MLCer.

It is such a difficult way to live.

R
Help Please 5
#25: January 01, 2024, 03:58:45 PM
One of the most important lessons I learned through this is that you can only control yourself. Second most important lesson is that thoughts and emotions are linked. So talk to yourself in ways that help your emotions, just like you're doing reps in the gym. I was actually relieved to learn this second lesson because I could DO something to lessen the pain, the feelings of worthlessness, etc.  It was my Thor hammer against the garbage I was mistakenly ingesting.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 04:12:03 PM by Reinventing »

H
Help Please 5
#26: January 01, 2024, 04:59:42 PM
Thanks Reinventing,
Positive self talk is key.
I get it.

R
Help Please 5
#27: January 01, 2024, 05:40:17 PM
Yes, and positive includes deflecting with a shield (best), and/or not ingesting garbage. Or, if garbage has been ingested, processing and digesting and passing it where it belongs (trash or sewer). Lol.

H
Help Please 5
#28: January 01, 2024, 08:59:21 PM
It is just very odd. I have done my self work. I have fixed my fixing yet she has this compulsion to run from me at all costs.

It is quite amazing.

R
Help Please 5
#29: January 02, 2024, 02:59:47 AM
Even if you turned from a person with purple and pink dots to one that is green with yellow triangles, they will run. And compulsion is a good word.

They are attempting to run from their former selves, in their minds. Their former selves include you, so it's a package deal. To run/change themselves, they are rejecting who they were and that includes you. An innocent bystander. Doesn't make it any easier to live through, but it is actually not about you. It would have happened no matter who they married.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.