Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story BRAND NEW MAN 13

W
My Story BRAND NEW MAN 13
#30: July 27, 2021, 06:36:16 PM
Today I called the driving school to find out when S18 is scheduled for his next appointment. Now I wanted him to handle his remaining 2 appointments, however he asked me if I could call and talk to the instructor.

Yesterday he made a mistake while ordering his lunch. The boys do speak for themselves while ordering their own food as I do not speak for them. I realized he made a mistake and for some reason he didn't want to correct it until we had left the store and he explained his order mistake to me in private outside.

I went back into the store to order him another sandwich as I knew he would need more to eat. So I am surprised by his hesitancy at times as I do view him as the more take charge son.

My family was asking me about what we did and they laugh because I always have him on the run. Yes and I will keep him on the run.  ;) My primary job is to get him out of his bedroom and expose him to the world.

He noticed earthworms while we were hiking. Now that's not something that I would necessarily get excited about but he did seem excited about them. Now I have gardened and seen your garden variety worm. These worms had legs and did look cool, lol.

S18 does take out his phone to take photos like I do. We found a snail 🐌 with a cool looking shell. He also found frogs. Yea his eyesight is better than mine for those ground creatures.

The Great Blue Herron was everywhere and that bird just looks majestic in flight with its large wingspan and its legs that sort of dangle. It looks like a teradactyl.

I know he has enough clothes now, so he must not pack properly. We did have 2 white Herron stop our car and stood in front of us ,as if, they were Bison in Yellowstone before they flew away. White Herron have the S neck while a Crane would have a straight neck I learned.

So I advised him that his next driving appointment will be on Sunday. I went to Kickboxing today and I'm hoping to get 3 more days in depending on my commute home. We are supposed to have dinner tomorrow night.

I have a 4 mile race on Saturday and I do have to attempt a 14 mile run this weekend so maybe I will just add 10 miles to that race or just knock it out on Sunday. This 4 miler is all hills so I will see how my legs feel.

This will only be my 2nd organized race this year. Jason Aldean is scheduled for next Friday as I try to beat the Covid resurgence. The media is really putting a damper on Germany and the Marathon with all these variant reporting.

Common sense said don't remove your face mask when the CDC said to. Now they are going back to the face mask. Well I knew not to listen to the CDC and kept wearing my mask because I didn't want to take any unnecessary chances.

Society is fully open so what did they think was going to happen. Stay away from people and you will be just fine.  ;)

So we will see how dinner goes tomorrow.

Have a good night
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 06:46:55 PM by Watcher »

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#31: July 28, 2021, 05:02:29 AM
Actually Watcher, don't believe all of what you read in the US Press, especially ones like Faux News... They are making it sound like Plague Central over here and Germany has some of the lowest infection rates in Europe with 15 new cases per 100K people across the country. Some of the bigger cities are in the mid-30's per 100K people so it is a big deal here but, in the grand scheme not so much, especially if one is fully immunized.....

As long as you are either immunized, recovered or have a current (less than 48 hour old) negative test, it is all good...
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
Re: BRAND NEW MAN 13
#32: July 28, 2021, 09:26:29 AM
Actually Watcher, don't believe all of what you read in the US Press, especially ones like Faux News... They are making it sound like Plague Central over here and Germany has some of the lowest infection rates in Europe with 15 new cases per 100K people across the country. Some of the bigger cities are in the mid-30's per 100K people so it is a big deal here but, in the grand scheme not so much, especially if one is fully immunized.....

As long as you are either immunized, recovered or have a current (less than 48 hour old) negative test, it is all good...

Data is the one thing that is always very useful in these issues over "opinion," fear and misinformation. Germany has lower death/100K pop than US by a good amount.

COUNTRY        CONFIRMED       DEATHS  CASE-FATALITY DEATHS/100K POP.

United Kingdom     5,771,732           129,591   2.2%   193.90
United States         34,603,919   611,414   1.8%   186.27
Germany                 3,766,501           91,592   2.4%   110.18

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

W
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#33: July 28, 2021, 06:05:18 PM
Hi UrsaMajor, Marvin.

Well we are down to 60 days now until the Berlin Marathon. The Berlin Half Marathon will be held on August 22nd so that should be a good indicator for how things will go.

Apparently Berlin has been hosting smaller running events since July 8th and this running pilot program concludes with the marathon on September 26th. It looks like it will be run.

Now the marathon is part of my after marriage goal of completing all 6 World Majors so IDK if I would go to Germany if they didn't run it. Well I've continued to wear my mask indoors just for Germany because I didn't want to take any chances. So I will be more excited once we get through August.

Tonight S18 gave me the "I forgot it was Wednesday and already ate excuse" as I was in front of his house. He asked if we could go out tomorrow night. Initially I said yes, but I then changed my mind and said no as I do a lot of running around to make this happen.

This is the 2nd time now in recent weeks where he has "forgotten". So I told him we could try again sometime next week. He either forgot or his mother is playing games as she was home and she maybe looking to regain control and power.

Next week he actually has doctor appointments on Monday and Thursday so that maybe our contact as I work nights and there will be no dinner. So maybe a breakfast on either day instead.

Next Friday night I also have a concert so I will not be picking him up and if he has another driving lesson next weekend then I will just tell him to stay home as it wouldn't make sense just to get him for one day.

So I am actually tired today and I'm headed to bed.

Have a good night
Thank you

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#34: July 29, 2021, 05:44:52 AM
I'd lay my money on "fun and games" rather than "forget." 18 year olds can eat like horses and it isn't like you don't have regular days that you go out with him....

Fighting back against "Mommy Dearest" is probably pretty tiring and sometimes they just go the path of least resistance... At least the doctors appointments are covered so he knows you are still in his corner...
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#35: July 30, 2021, 03:44:15 PM
Hi UrsaMajor,

Well it probably is a combination of both S18 and his mother. I went to the gym instead so I was fine with missing dinner. I was able to get 4 Kickboxing classes in this week and tomorrow I have a 4 mile race that is all hills.

Sunday I have to extend my long run to 14 miles as the temps are going to be good this weekend. I'm running less to conserve my energy for the long runs and ,so far, it has worked with the 10 and 12 mile intervals. Next Friday I will move it to 16 miles. Usually my problem area is 18-22 miles.

Overall July was a pretty lackluster month with only 11 gym classes and 4 runs counting tomorrow.

I was reading tips on how to not stand out like an American in Europe. No baseball caps. Well how on earth am I supposed to keep the sun off my face. That may give me away. No white sneakers and no white socks. No problem for me as I have neither.

I also read no shorts, lol, well I'm going to fail that one for sure. Don't be boisterous. Well I will be by myself so I can keep my obnoxiousness level on mute.

Oh the sky is still falling in the United States. It's all doom and gloom this week. England seems to be rebounding from delta so hopefully we will also have that good fortune in a few weeks.

Well as I was driving home from the gym tonight she texted me. She said, this is my new phone number and then added her full married name.

Well I knew it was her obviously as not that many people have my work cell number. So IDK why she needed to include her married name, lol. Totally unnecessary. We do not talk to each other so I really don't need any of her numbers. That's not a good sign. She wants something. I instantaneously felt the disturbance in the universe. She would be Darth Sidious in my story. The Dark Side.

Cue the music of The Empire......

Have a good night

Thanks

W
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#36: July 30, 2021, 04:47:35 PM
What a beeoch ! So she texted me a conversation between herself and S21 that they purportedly had yesterday. Apparently S21 had a Dr appointment yesterday. S21 asked his mom, "oh are we still going to the Dr". "Isn't dad picking us up today". She replied, no he is not.

Wow laying on the guilt trip Darth Sidious. I was turned down by S18 for dinner on Wednesday and I did not feel like making plans for Thursday night.

Meanwhile if S21 had a doctor appointment on Thursday then how could he go to dinner. So I have to conclude that Darth Sidious is not too happy with me.

I don't have S21 phone number or I would text him. He never responds to the number that I have listed for him. She is some piece of work that one.

• Mentor
Re: BRAND NEW MAN 13
#37: July 30, 2021, 08:06:48 PM
Watcher just put it behind you.   Darth Sidious strikes again.
I would completely ignore her.

Next time, if you set up a dinner time, just let S18 convey the message to S21.
Doesn't need to involve her.

You were right though, she did have something to upset you about.  You read her like a book.   ::)

Have a good night!
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

W
BRAND NEW MAN 13
#38: July 31, 2021, 04:00:31 AM
Hi Thunder,

Well I don't miss getting up at 5am for a race.  ::) So she texted again this morning. S21 stayed over a girl's house last night with 2 other male friends. She named the people, as if, I would know them. I think he has known the girl since grade school. A little strange at this age I would say. Whatever.

So now she wants to improve S21's quality of life to help him with his self esteem. So she wants to have him get gastric bypass surgery. She wants my thoughts. Well my thoughts are get active and lose the weight naturally. She always wants the quick fix.

Also, S21 needs his driver's license. So it probably will be a few days before she settles down again I would think. I'm not sure why she can't get his driver's license since I took care of S18's. Oh maybe I should ask about the home sale. That might get her to retreat, lol.

Enjoy your day
Thanks

BRAND NEW MAN 13
#39: July 31, 2021, 04:24:20 AM
So now she wants to improve S21's quality of life to help him with his self esteem. So she wants to have him get gastric bypass surgery. She wants my thoughts. Well my thoughts are get active and lose the weight naturally.
And I hope you said just that, Watcher.

I'm not sure why she can't get his driver's license since I took care of S18's.
And that.

Oh maybe I should ask about the home sale. That might get her to retreat, lol.
Sure it would
But wondering what your goals are now. Well other than ignoring her attempts to bait you into more of the same nonsense.  :)
Do you want to force the house sale now? Do you have plans to buy a home of your own? Not sure where you’re at....but, admirable as it is, perhaps there is more to your next life chapter than running or the odd dinner with ‘forgetful’ son/s if you are ready for that now?
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.