Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info Forum workings

• Administrator
Forum-Info Re: Forum workings
#30: July 07, 2010, 11:38:07 AM

RCR has asked everyone to keep to one thread until  that thread is 10 pages. Please help her to maintain this site for us by abiding by those rules.
It also makes it easier on those of us trying to read all these threads and give you advice to stick to this format.

This is in big type and bold so no one will miss it.
Just a suggestion for everyone that is starting a new thread.
After you start it put a link in your old thread and new thead linking the two threads so when we are reading one you can jump to the next one.
You can just copy the URL and paste it on your thread and it will give you the link.

Thanks

F
Re: Forum workings
#31: July 07, 2010, 12:19:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder, OP.  I forgot to put the link to my old thread in my new thread.  I wil do that now.

I don't know why i can't see my sent messages
#32: August 11, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
Hi Everyone
I'm having a problem with my My Messages. I wonder if anyone can help please? I've sent two messages to people, but they are not showing up in my Sent Items list for some reason.......
Hub45 Me46
Married5 Together25
Bomb28/7/2010

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=265.0

F
Re: I don't know why i can't see my sent messages
#33: August 11, 2010, 10:13:22 AM
You have to click on the "save in sent msgs" box at the bottom of the msg text box.

Re: I don't know why i can't see my sent messages
#34: August 11, 2010, 10:18:04 AM
oh no! i didn't realise this, thanks for your help!
Hub45 Me46
Married5 Together25
Bomb28/7/2010

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=265.0

• Administrator
#35: October 07, 2010, 07:54:45 AM

RCR has asked everyone to keep to one thread until  that thread is 10 pages. Please help her to maintain this site for us by abiding by those rules.
It also makes it easier on those of us trying to read all these threads and give you advice to stick to this format.

This is in big type and bold so no one will miss it.
Just a suggestion for everyone that is starting a new thread.
After you start it put a link in your old thread and new thead linking the two threads so when we are reading one you can jump to the next one.
You can just copy the URL and paste it on your thread and it will give you the link.

Thanks

• Administrator
#36: November 01, 2010, 05:14:43 AM
^^^^^

If you are over 100 replies please start a new thread.
We are a self policing board.

That means YOU take resposibility for  the above.
I don't want to have to do it any other way, PLEASE!!!! :)

• Administrator
#37: November 12, 2010, 05:31:32 AM
Is anyone on the forum using the "buddies" function?
If they are and can explain how it works I would aprreciate posting it here.
If no one is using it I will go to the SMF website and see if I can read some documentation on it.

There has been some questions to me about it and frankly I do not know the answer yet.
But I will try to find out.  :) :) :)

• Administrator
#38: November 12, 2010, 09:20:13 AM
Is anyone on the forum using the "buddies" function?
If they are and can explain how it works I would aprreciate posting it here.
If no one is using it I will go to the SMF website and see if I can read some documentation on it.

There has been some questions to me about it and frankly I do not know the answer yet.
But I will try to find out.  :) :) :)

From the SMF website:

Buddy List
A Buddy List displays all of the members on the forum whom you have added as a “buddy”. This list will also show their online status and contact information if available.

This is a basic buddy list. It allows you to easily add people to your list through their profile. Once on your list it shows your buddies in the "who is online" area and makes it easy to select people to send IM's too.

You can access your Buddy List to edit buddies via your profile.

This is what I have found out so far.

• Administrator
#39: November 12, 2010, 09:30:09 AM
I just created a small buddy list to see what it does.

It tells you some small amount of information about each user, whether they are online or not.
Depending on how your preferences are set up you can control a few other things.

Stayed, I am not sure if I have answered your question yet.

Maybe you should just create a buddy list for yourself and see what happens.  :) :)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.