Skip to main content

Author Topic: Mirror-Work Myers–Briggs Type Indicator

• Mentor
  • Lord, give me patience, but please hurry!
Mirror-Work Myers–Briggs Type Indicator
OP: August 25, 2019, 03:59:37 PM
Since my W went in crisis I am study by myself for my self Physiology, specially Jungian ones, means in nutshell analytical psychology. There is a lot of Buddhism, alchemy and other influences in life work of Jung. That is the way how I found this site in year 2013. Since that I am trying to understand what MLC is and how people went there. Also, I am trying to find my faults in my marriage. How she went into crisis. I did a lot learning cognitive functions and how those functions which each person prefer having impact on their life in general. Knowing types is extremely important to really empathize with other human being. So, my quest was to learn understand types and then find a fast way to type anyone. When you know own type then you are able truly understand self, find own shortcomings which hare most of time unconsciousness. And you ask self, am I really do that ?! Knowing types of own children, friends, siblings, parents then we can dramatically improve relationships with them.

This is opening post for topic and I would like that you join on it. I will post further how I am connecting MBTI with MLC, with MLT and individuation and finally hero path from time when we born til we die.

• Mentor
Re: Myers–Briggs Type Indicator
#1: August 26, 2019, 07:59:25 AM
Hi Albatross. This is an interesting topic. "Know Thyself" has been relevant for centuries.

Are you asking for our types? I'm not sure how to contribute to this discussion.

I'm an INFJ for what it's worth. My STBXW is an INTJ. Both are extremely rare for our genders. We had enough in common to be compatible for a long time, but our differences helped keep things interesting.

I would say that the "Feeling" part of my personality contributes to my being too empathetic at times. I have a hard time not looking at the best in people. Also, I try to help too much and can be too much of a fixer.

Not sure how my W's personality type contributed to her MLC or wallowing once she started. She's always been pretty withdrawn and, to be honest, a little self-centered. But once she hit MLC, the selfishness got cranked up to 11.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

STP

#2: August 26, 2019, 12:32:34 PM
I used to be an ISTJ but after the second bomb drop my personality flopped. I can trace it down to certain days and occurrences that brought on my changed behavior. Now I am am ENTJ. People think I'm crazy and wild. I am just me unrestrained and confident.

My thread:"••Crazy world: life after divorce"
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10460.0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:37:41 PM by STP »
M57 XW55
S31, S28, S24, S22
BDs 11-09 & 4-16
D 10-16

You are responsible for your own happiness!

• Mentor
#3: August 27, 2019, 07:14:02 AM
I used to be an ISTJ but after the second bomb drop my personality flopped. I can trace it down to certain days and occurrences that brought on my changed behavior. Now I am am ENTJ. People think I'm crazy and wild. I am just me unrestrained and confident.

My thread:"••Crazy world: life after divorce"
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10460.0

If Your brain is wired as ISTJ an EXAMINER ego, your subconsciousness mind is wired as ENFP an ADVOCATE, your unconsciousness mind is wired as ESTP and PERSUADER and finally your superego is wired as INFJ an SAGE.

You cannot be now ENTJ if your ego mind is  ISTJ. Only if you were mistype self as ego, or mistype self as whatever you now.

• Mentor
#4: August 27, 2019, 07:24:55 AM
Hi Albatross. This is an interesting topic. "Know Thyself" has been relevant for centuries.

Are you asking for our types? I'm not sure how to contribute to this discussion.

I'm an INFJ for what it's worth. My STBXW is an INTJ. Both are extremely rare for our genders. We had enough in common to be compatible for a long time, but our differences helped keep things interesting.

I would say that the "Feeling" part of my personality contributes to my being too empathetic at times. I have a hard time not looking at the best in people. Also, I try to help too much and can be too much of a fixer.

Not sure how my W's personality type contributed to her MLC or wallowing once she started. She's always been pretty withdrawn and, to be honest, a little self-centered. But once she hit MLC, the selfishness got cranked up to 11.

Her subconsciousness mind is ESFP an ENTERTAINER  and if she is in MLC then low type of ESFP is all about having selfish fun, great replayer i will say. :D Also ESFP is femine type and INTJ is masculine.

• Mentor
#5: August 27, 2019, 09:29:49 AM
My type is supposed to be ENFJ-A, which to me is accurate in the non home environment, but not so much at home.  I think of myself as an introvert. But in the work force I am considered quite the extrovert. Is it possible to have an in public type and an at home type?
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

• Mentor
#6: August 27, 2019, 09:51:31 AM
My type is supposed to be ENFJ-A, which to me is accurate in the non home environment, but not so much at home.  I think of myself as an introvert. But in the work force I am considered quite the extrovert. Is it possible to have an in public type and an at home type?

So far I know, no. We could have many personalities but MBTI basically means in which order you prefer using cognitive functions when you are in ego state of mind.

• Mentor
#7: August 27, 2019, 01:16:39 PM
Her subconsciousness mind is ESFP an ENTERTAINER  and if she is in MLC then low type of ESFP is all about having selfish fun, great replayer i will say.
Yeah. Great. <sigh>
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

#8: August 29, 2019, 10:31:25 AM

I'm an INTJ, with INTP traits (spotting patterns, for example). I don't know Mr J's type. His real self is artistic, sensitive and doting.

We had enough in common to be compatible for a long time, but our differences helped keep things interesting.

Same for Mr J and I.

A previous Myers–Briggs thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=665.0 - Myers Briggs Type and the LBS

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.