Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Anjae

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
Off-Topic Re: Anjae
#80: October 21, 2019, 01:06:47 PM
I would also like to take this opportunity just to say - (sorry if this is going off topic a bit) but there are several other posters that I believe should be removed from this site!

They continuously start arguments, cause upsets and post controversial stuff.  There’s also a certain person that posts, that I find downright offensive! This person writes about their sexual exploits, their many relationships and personal information and none of it has anything to do with MLC and in my opinion shouldn’t be allowed to continue on a site specifically created to support LBS’s!!!

While you are at it, why don't you start a petition to get rid of the people you don't like?  ::)

I am completely opposed to the idea of petitions to bring back or remove members from the forum. Membership should not be by vote or popularity contest or by pressure from the loudest complainers.

• Mentor
Re: Anjae
#81: October 21, 2019, 01:35:38 PM
Agreed!
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

M
#82: October 21, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Not too long ago NYM agreed with me about something on another thread and now I'm going to return the favor by agreeing with NYM on this issue.

I think we're even now. :D

M
#83: November 14, 2019, 04:40:40 PM
No specific reason, but thought of Anjae tonight. I do miss having one of the old faithful members on the forum.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
#84: November 15, 2019, 06:17:52 AM
I think a lot of us do, Milly.
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

#85: November 15, 2019, 06:38:53 AM
Ya know I remember when I started here in 2010- 2011.
There was something that was added to some posters threads. It went something like this.

Take whatever you feel might be helpful in whatever comment/ advise/ insight/ observation someone else posted on your (or someone else's) thread and IGNORE the rest.

It's like any other social media, you don't like the meme or the subject matter of a thread? Keep scrolling.

How did it happen that everyone gets so offended by just about anything?

Someone posts a lot about a subject matter you find offensive?

Don't read their thread.

If you are frustrated by your efforts to try to enlighten someone to do some self reflection and they get offended?

Stop posting on their thread.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

b
  • Mentor
#86: November 15, 2019, 06:52:15 AM
Milly... I miss her everytime I come on HS.  She was here the 1st time I posted in 2013 and became a very good pain - in -the -ass cyber friend. Honestly, it really is one of my triggers ( people suddenly leaving with no input or control from me ) and I felt rumblings of that . I am sorry she is no longer here . For me , 6 years is a long time to interact with someone and now they are gone. She helped me in many many ways. I understand .
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

• Mentor
#87: November 15, 2019, 07:14:49 AM
Barbie, I believe someone has her email address, but I don't remember who now.  It's somewhere on this thread, I think.
Maybe you could stay in touch that way.
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
#88: November 15, 2019, 07:23:12 AM
All good points.. Serenity, nobody makes you open that thread, I don't.

In my 30's, when I had my MLT, I used to watch the news, read the paper and listen to the radio all the time. That's what my parents did and I guess I was sort of emulating them because I lacked my own sense of identity and I really missed that connected feeling you used to get from everyone in the same town listening to the host every morning. I used to call them the soap on a rope days.

I didn't realize though, those days were gone. We're living in a post baby jessica, always on and the attention goes to the loudest screamer world of non stop, 24 hour unrelenting media.

Anyway, after xw left, after BD, i stopped tuning in. I didn't realize how much negativity it brought into my life. I also realized a large part of our interactions were rushing home to complain about something awful we saw on the news. I realized too, people bond over complaining. Works sucks, traffic sucks, the weather sucks..

It's just a bad habit we are absolutely 100% in control of. When people ask how you're doing, why not say something good? Why not find blogs and news outlets online that only post positive stuff? You know what really makes me happy? Medical and science news. Advances are being made in so many fields that you don't even hear about, because negative stuff sells. Cancer research, environmental research, psychology, therapy.. there's a whole positive world that's going on that simply doesn't sell like negative news.

You have to be your own adult. it's hard to do, but to modify an old saying, if you don't have anything nice to hear, turn it off.

• Mentor
#89: November 15, 2019, 07:43:11 AM
Gman,

I stopped watching the news a few years ago because it was all negative stuff.  Fires, shootings, etc..
Now I go on line and choose what stories I want to read.

I would do it all over again.

These past two years I stopped watching the political shows.  Too upsetting. Now I read what I want to read.
It was very calming because I am a political junky who just finally said..no, no more.

I do however, keep up with the issues.  :)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.