Skip to main content

Author Topic: Meet-Up Meet up in the UK anyone?

• Mentor
Meet-Up Re: Meet up in the UK anyone?
#100: January 13, 2020, 11:38:03 AM
I really really want to go, but not sure that I can make it this year.
Too many extraneous expenses this summer and fall (new college for s18).

Don't count on me at this point.

SORRY...

Sea

A
  • Mentor
Re: Meet up in the UK anyone?
#101: January 14, 2020, 01:02:05 PM
Ahh darn.  I just heard back from the eye doctor about travelling after surgery.  Not for a month after.  My dates are August 25 for 1st eye and Sept 22 for 2nd eye.  So unless the surgery dates change I can’t go.   :-X  But,,in April or May I will learn if I can have it done sooner as more space on the surgery surgery schedule could open up.  So,,I’m out for the immediate planning.   :(

A
  • Mentor
#102: January 15, 2020, 07:57:48 PM
So far only 5 definites for staying in the house: Milly, Enyo, KIT, Shining Star And Sachet3..

Lots of maybes including me.  If eye surgery dates are moved up, then I still have to worry about the possible shoulder surgery.   

Maybes: Maleficent, Barbiedoll, Anon,

Staying for a few days and arranging their own lodging:  Nerissa, Mortesbride.

Several others expressed interest when thread initially opened.   Anyone more definite now about being able to come? 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:25:12 PM by Anon »

M
#103: January 16, 2020, 03:38:26 AM
Anon, thank you so much for breaking down the confirmed people as of now, and the possibles. It really helps to see things more clearly.

I suggest doing what we did last year, set up a whatsapp thread between us so that those more likely to make it can decide between ourselves how to go about the accomodation, prices, etc.

I would say that the thread should be for the ones definitely wanting to come, and for those really trying to come. Then as we make some progress with house choice, etc, we can post it back on here and see if we can get others to join us.

I realize that September seems very far away at this point and it's hard to make definite plans requiring payments, etc. I think it would easily be possible to find extra acomodation later in the year if other people find they can now come.

For those who don't have my whatsapp number already, please pm me.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

s
#104: January 16, 2020, 12:46:16 PM
I will 100% be there. I just not sure how long for as depends on childcare. However will be there.

Will Pm you my number now Milly!
Me - 31
H - 37
3 children together D6 D9 D11 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

B
#105: January 20, 2020, 09:12:27 PM
I’ve only just caught up with this thread- it’s been manic.

I’m still interested but can’t commit to accommodation for a week in September as the kids will be at school and my oldest will be starting secondary schools so I’ve taken time off to help get settle.. I’ve also used up most of my work holiday fir the year. I’m definitely interested in coming over the weekend & possibly take one day off if it’s the weekend I don’t have the girls. I can book accommodation for myself closer the time.  Would be nice to see everyone x

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.