Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info New Mods

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info New Mods
OP: November 28, 2015, 01:15:15 PM
Yesterday I added a WYSIWYG Mod for posting. Now you should be able to see your post as it will appear.
I couldn't get the emoticons to work, so I may need to go to the help forums for that. If anyone has figured that out, please let the rest of us know!
I just added a Conversations mod for Private Messages. It's supposed to have a lot of features, but I just checked and all of my saved PMS are GONE! So I will research how to get those back. That is serious.

More coming...but I want to get back the old PMs first.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:15:49 AM by OldPilot »

• Mentor
Re: New Mods
#1: November 28, 2015, 01:18:42 PM
Yup, mine are gone too.
Good luck, RCR.  : )
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

#2: November 28, 2015, 01:29:19 PM
Emoticons are on a drop down on the ribbon right above the reply text box  ;)
We all do damage. Character is determined by how we repair it.

BD - December 2012
OW1 confirmed - December 2012 on-and-off for 34 months and counting (still refers to her as just a 'friend')
Wants to live like roommates - November 2013
I moved out - April 2015
H is still checking the anchor

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#3: November 28, 2015, 01:33:03 PM
 :) :-* :( 8) :o
Okay, thanks. The funn y thing is that they ar all shown in a row at the topp too and the cursor becomes a hand when I hiver over those, but nothing happens when I click, but the ones on the board below that come through the dropdown work!
A quick check at the help forums show that there is a converter to convert PMs into what they call conversations. I don't really get what conversations is versus PMs, but the features look pretty cool. I have download and then upload the converter and follow the instructions, so I'm trying that now.

p
#4: November 28, 2015, 01:34:43 PM
I've been having trouble with the new editor because it doesn't want to let me select or tap the screen to move the cursor, but you can go back to the old editor by clicking the little icon next to the BOLD button. I've never had good luck with the WYSIWYG editors for some reason so I hope that button stays!

I did find that the little full screen editor button was nice for on the phone. That's the one with 4 green shapes at the end of the row.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#5: November 28, 2015, 01:36:22 PM
I have to put the forum into maintenance mode for a few minutes while converting PMs to conversations.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#6: November 28, 2015, 02:09:58 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that would take so long and I got an error just after the part that took so long :P .

So I have asked about the error at the help forum and uninstalled the mod until I can learn what to do. And when I do the conversion again I will wait until mighttime (Pacific Region) to do it so Maintenance Mode will hopefully be during a time of lower activity.

#7: November 29, 2015, 12:09:17 PM
I am not able to "insert quote" more than once in a reply - am I missing something? 
We all do damage. Character is determined by how we repair it.

BD - December 2012
OW1 confirmed - December 2012 on-and-off for 34 months and counting (still refers to her as just a 'friend')
Wants to live like roommates - November 2013
I moved out - April 2015
H is still checking the anchor

• Mentor
#8: November 29, 2015, 02:34:47 PM
The only thing I notice is the font changed and so did the spacing.  Hope this helps.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

S
#9: November 29, 2015, 11:28:05 PM
LOVE it!! :-* :) Thank you!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.