Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting Reconnection... not there yet

t
My Story Reconnecting Reconnection... not there yet
#60: August 15, 2023, 01:12:36 PM
Hi Yo,
So happy you posted an update and I'm thrilled things are going so well for you.  I read through your story and found it very helpful to me (My H has been back home for about a year).  So many of your thoughts and questions that you asked yourself have applied to me and my situation as well.  As I always say, reconciliation has its own set of pitfalls and isn't for the faint of heart.  It isn't the same relationship as before. I notice differences but mostly in how I feel about it/him.  I always thought of H as my best friend who I could trust to the depths of my soul and felt free to share anything/everything.  After what happened, you really can't go back to that or at least I haven't as of yet. (I know it is still early for me)

We are living together, but like you, I've taken to reaching some of my own goals and trying to provide my own sense of safety. It's hard for you to think of your H as a safe space after all of the harm caused. When H left, I got a new job and picked up old hobbies which kept me occupied to some extent.  Even with him at home, I have started on a new work certification course and have been working toward that goal.  BTW, I found your lists inspiring. 

Thank you for providing some kind of roadmap (although I know everyone is different-as Acorn says-"sample of one").  I just want you to know that I appreciate you coming back to give us insight and I hope that things continue to go great for you!
B
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:14:08 PM by thissucks7788 »

Y

Yo

Reconnection... not there yet
#61: August 19, 2023, 06:49:36 AM
Hola thissucks!

I am really happy that you found something helpful in my story!  Is the only reason I came in again to the forum, to let someone know that despite the difficult times, you can be alright, enjoy and be happier,

I know is not easy and you have a lot of questions but I guess that is part of the process and I am not talking about MLC but your process!  You have been through a lot!!!! and forgetting, forgiving and adapting is not over when they comeback!

I believe that what is helping me the most is keep focusing in myself and updating my lists, and to know that nothing is going to be the same BUT that doesn't mean that is wrong! simply different and why not, much better,  because you growth!

Congratulations on your work certification! Yay!
 And not just because it keeps you occupied but because everything that makes you open your mind to be better in one field, is going to make you better in all the parts of your life!

Sending you lots of love! ❤️

Yo ❤

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.