Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Sharing is Caring. Weight, Eating, Plans when GAL

S
Off-Topic Re: Sharing is Caring. Weight, Eating, Plans when GAL
#20: September 05, 2019, 09:12:29 PM
Thanks BB,

I have heard that about sour cream. I don't use much and most times I don't even eat the tortilla. I just put the meat mix on a plate and eat it like a salad per say.

I don't think I did very well today. I'm finding myself not eating enough. I've been eating like 1 1/2 meals a day and 1 snack. Not sure why I'm not skinny unless my body is holding on to fat because it thinks I'm starving.

I did just go through a situation with H and now that is in the past, as of yesterday, so maybe I can start focusing more on myself.

One of my biggest downfalls is procrastination. Working on it.

Stand Tall
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

V
Re: Sharing is Caring. Weight, Eating, Plans when GAL
#21: September 05, 2019, 10:27:36 PM
One of the healthiest things you can do for your mind, body, and spirit is to become a vegan or a vegetarian.

Try giving up meat, dairy, and most sugar. Your microbiome will respond according and you will no longer want to eat these foods so much, if at all. Not only this you will feel so much better! Plus you are extending compassion to all living things and making a stand for a healthier environment.

b
#22: September 06, 2019, 05:20:50 PM
ST, you are most likely not eating enough to sustain your daily activities, so your body isn't necessarily going into "starvation mode" because truly, that is a myth in the fitness world, but your metabolism has slowed down so drastically and your body adapted to this state that even with the deficit in calories, your weight doesn't change much.

The only way to create change is obviously to do something different than what you've been doing.  There are a few different ways to calculate your caloric needs and of course many different lifestyles that can help you achieve the body and fitness level you are wanting.  Anytime you are ready, feel free to message and I can get you some numbers based on your current stats and lifestyle, that you can use as starting point to make those changes.

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#23: September 06, 2019, 05:51:44 PM
Lost 10%+ of body weight after BD and it got scary. Have since gained about 4-5 lbs and am ok with this weight but would like a stronger core to have a stronger back.

Have tried intermittent fasting and now just don´t eat late nite snacks or otherwise. Heads up- even coffee can alter your blood sugar levels- learned that the hard way when having a fasting blood draw for Ac1 level and had thought coffee was ok- it´s not.

Tried keto and did it so fast that I got a yeast infection that took 6-8 weeks to clear- with drugs. Decided that my body likes beans:)

I eat steel cut oatmeal every morning and add cinnamon or nutmeg, flax oil, nuts of some sort that are toasted but not salted. You can make a week´s worth of oatmeal by boiling 4 cups of water, dumping in 1 cup of the oats and turning OFF the burner but letting the pot sit overnite. Then you can refrigerate and easily nuke whatever portion you want. IF there is a green coloring when you look in the pot the next morning, your oatmeal is not bad- it´s a chemical reaction to minerals in your water. I just mix it up and the color disappears.

"You cannot outrun your fork." 

Medical news today highlighted a nutritional study- focus on healthy foods and you´ll be okay.

Give away your "fat" clothes so that there´s no going back. Pre BD, I was a size 10. Now it´s a 4,6, or 8 depending on the item.

Don´t make this effort to lure your spouse back. Do it for you.

Your skin is a reflection of the health of your cardiovascular system. Inflammation will show up on the outside.

Become a fan of leftovers.

Recently had Peruvian tacu tacu at a restaurant and have now made it twice at home. Yum! It´s basically a spin on rice and beans.

Oh, a pressure cooker is your friend.
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

S
#24: September 06, 2019, 09:02:18 PM
Hi Velika,

Thanks for the response. Although I love all vegetables I just can't see myself as going vegan. I think I see things a little different then you when it comes to cleaning the air and compassion for "ALL" living things. But, thanks for the suggestion.

forthetrees,

I love the recipe for the steel oats. Thank you, I definitely going to try that one.

I agree about giving away your fat clothes. I have done that mostly, just kept some T-shirts that I can work in. I think I'm going to hit a few thrift stores to get some clothes that fit me know. I would hate to spend a lot of money on new pieces and then have them not fit me in a few months.

Don't even think that I am doing this for H. When I studied myself to make changes to the things that I didn't like about myself this was at the top of my list. Back in my 20's and 30's I was in very good shape. I worked out 3 days a week either with karate or at the gym. I love working out and do have membership to a gym, but I am a big procrastinator and have been lazy. I plan on changing that.

My number one goal is my health. I have been working on that since BD and I feel I'm doing very good at it. I had my teeth fixed and I've had surgery for Hyperparathyroidism, now I need to get my weight healthy. Believe me I am past trying to get H back. If he comes back I will worry about it then.

I'm going to check out that tacu tacu. I'm open to try almost any new recipe.

Thanks everyone. Lets keep this page going.

Stand

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

S
#25: September 11, 2019, 09:07:19 PM
  I tried a recipe tonight for dinner that was so good that I thought I would share. Here it is.

http://kitchmenow.com/mexican-chicken-casserole/

So, I was going to do the intermittent fasting diet, but it seems that because I haven't been eating breakfast and lunch for so long that my weight loss was stagnant. I didn't gain or lose weight. I decided to change to more of a field to table type of eating. This means that I will do all my own cooking and using very little to no processed foods.

This particular recipe called for a mix corn, black beans and rice frozen, but I couldn't find that in my grocery store, so I just made the rice with a can of Rotel and I added corn and black beans after rice was cooked.  I ate a scoop of this on a bed of lettuce. It was so good and I felt lighter and not blotted.

I think I'm going to start basing my eating more on vegetables, legumes and grains. I've also been drinking mostly just filtered water.

I am so looking forward to seeing how my body responds. Oh and I will be eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.

Don't be afraid to share what you are doing.

Stand Tall  :D

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.