Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Where Do we fit? All Things New!

U
My Story Where Do we fit? All Things New!
#90: November 13, 2020, 09:23:32 PM
Thank you Seahorse!  It does explain the attitude. I don’t have to figure out why the change. LOL!  He hasn’t responded back that I got the answer from the IRS myself.  He won’t and I’m ok with that.  I just didn’t know the change and now I do.  I’ll just move forward.  He’s not done baking yet.  I do wish him the best.  He will probably live the rest of his life with regret, shame and sadness but he’ll always find a way to place the blame on me or who ever when needed. 
Have a great weekend Seahorse
God is with her, she will not fall
Psalms 46:5
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/paintedpraize

• Mentor
Re: Where Do we fit? All Things New!
#91: November 14, 2020, 05:02:37 AM
Hi UL, I'm doing good, thank you for asking.   :)
I see nothing wrong with what you sent him.  I suppose professing love for him put him in a tizzy, or it stirred his guilt up.  Oh well....

I've never heard of radiation thru an IV.  But then I know someone who is getting Chemo by pills.
Well I hope these treatments shrink the tumors down to nothing!  Please keep us updated.

Sending prayers your way, hon.

Hugs

A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

U
Where Do we fit? All Things New!
#92: December 14, 2020, 05:43:56 PM
Welllllll drum roll everyone!  The eagle has landed and all that stuff.  After 5 year and a lot of prayer even when nobody thought that he would.... My ex on Friday paid me some alimony.  I was shocked!  I can’t believe it!  It’s a Christmas Miracle.  No ever gets money from an ex when they stop paying.  I just kept the faith that my ex would at some point do the right thing.  He had to be told to do it or lead to do it.  He didn’t do it on his own but he was at a point where he knew he needed to start doing something.  So, here is to a bright future. Hoping 2021 is my year.

• Mentor
#93: December 14, 2020, 06:00:54 PM
That is great news UL....such a great miracle!
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#94: December 15, 2020, 02:40:52 AM
Hi UL,

I am REALLY glad that you finally got something.... Let's hope that he continues to honor his obligations now...

Isn't it strange though when we are so happy and celebrate a Mid-Lifer actually DOING what they are obligated/supposed to do? What a messed-up world....

UM
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

U
#95: December 15, 2020, 06:05:46 PM
Yes XYZCf it is a miracle!

URSAMajor, I know right?  It is weird!

• Mentor
#96: December 15, 2020, 06:52:32 PM
Well will wonders never cease, huh UL?

Hope he stays that course now.  :)

Hugs!
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

U
#97: December 16, 2020, 09:35:16 PM
Thunder, I can’t believe he did it.  He didn’t do it on his own.  I had to say we can do it this way or court and this time it soaked in.  Someone asked me the other day did I thank him and I said no I didn’t.  I didn’t respond.  Why should I thank him for something he should have been doing all along.  It’s a responsibility.  Plus, it’s not like it came out of no where.  He had to be lead to do it but lead or not I don’t care.  I’m just glad he started back up with something.  That first payment is the hardest to get going.  It took 5 years it will come a little more easier has he keeps paying so lets hope I see a second payment.  Thanks

• Mentor
#98: December 19, 2020, 04:29:11 PM
Yes lets hope so!

So how is everything else going?

U
#99: December 20, 2020, 05:40:09 PM
Thunder, all is well.  I am going through some IV radiation and doing well with that.  Working, doing my art and done with all the crap I was left to so I have nothing left I have to fix.  LOL!  I still get sad, I wish for my best friend back but I also see a lot I miss when we were married.  I see how much I missed that was right in front of me.  My MLCer was missing for a while.  He just didn’t know who he was and what he really wanted other than medical school. Lol. He didn’t know how to stand on his own.  He didn’t lead, he followed and I did it all thinking we were both on the same page.  He didn’t communicate, he’s quiet ways now says a lot to me.  I took those as us being on the same page.  I wasn’t looking hard enough to see he was missing.

Now, after the affair which I’m assuming is over he is for the first time on his own making his own decisions and choices.  No one helping him, telling him what to do or him becoming someone else through his quiet ways.  This is the place now that he become his own person.

So, I guess I’m good.  I’m lonely wishing I had that friendship.  I miss that.  I don’t know if the rest of my life is going to be this lonely journey but I’m doing well.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.