Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Ask a Mentor 9

S
Discussion Re: Ask a Mentor 9
#30: September 26, 2018, 12:13:20 PM
Hello Everyone

While reading other threads I've seen people recommend reading Denjef's thread. I am interested in reading this. How can I find it if it still exists? Also, I'm interested in other MLCer's stories after they have come threw to the end,

Thank you
-Stand
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

• Mentor
Re: Ask a Mentor 9
#31: September 26, 2018, 10:06:11 PM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:10:50 PM by xyzcf »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

S
#32: September 27, 2018, 02:50:21 PM
Thank you xyzcf
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

O
#33: October 15, 2018, 12:31:33 PM
I am looking for a mentor.

K
#34: November 27, 2018, 06:04:38 AM
When exactly is limbo ? After an awAkening? During replay?

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
#35: November 27, 2018, 06:26:58 AM
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

K
#36: November 27, 2018, 08:43:03 AM
I have read that . It doesn't seem to answer my question . Can anyone further explain? This to me sounds like my h in the beginning . Everyone said he was in limbo until we d . But he is still with ow and partying . Replay .  The explanation sounds like it should be after replay . Is it ?    Maybe after an awakening during liminality when making decision to maybe go back home ?    Confused

Will answer on your thread.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:58:30 AM by Thunder »

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#37: November 27, 2018, 08:56:03 AM
I think limbo is hard to actually see.  To me, it's like somewhere stuck in the end of replay, where they have realized that the OW is not their "soulmate," their new life didn't fix them, they've stopped running from thing to thing, spending wildly and all that, but they're still not ready to look deep within or take the next steps so they're just kind of stuck living the life they currently have because they don't have the motivation to make any new changes. 

It's not like deep replay, where they are like wild manic aliens, high on the euphoria of "freedom," spending tons of money, jumping from new thing to new thing.  They haven't reached the real depression stage, because that brings on real deep dark depression.  They may have settled on a new job, live with the OW, and by all appearances are living a "normal" day to day existence, but it's just because that's where they landed after the manic craziness of replay wound down and now they don't have the energy to move forward any further. 

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's kind of my take on it. 
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

K
#38: November 28, 2018, 02:55:54 AM
ok  yes . i believe then thats my h. just the same old routine as he knows it now.   do you think there is an awakening or not yet?

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.