Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Algo’s MLC journey

My Story Algo’s MLC journey
#10: May 17, 2023, 06:45:47 PM
Hi, here's a little update about the last few months, in which things have turned into a very reliable routine, I've left my therapist, after realizing he was just trying to convince me about running away and get some easy fix to become "happy"again... makes you wonder why people face so many problems in their lives, if the person they rely on for good advice only tells them to run away from their issues... so I went internet surfing and found some interesting self help pages, they are not totally without faults, but have helped me to recover faster and get my act together, since January of this year I feel much more confident and safe, and most importantly, I've managed to help my kids, who are struggling every day with their MLC mother.

Slowly but surely, they have kept approaching me trying to understand the situation, but at this time they are still too young (9 & 12) to do it, I've tried to give them some general advice of accepting her and try to avoid confronting her, but still the oldest one is finding it quite difficult and there are constant fights or so they tell me.  My MIL, who is also reliving her own MLC divorce has become a daily participant in their fights, but somehow they both (W&MIL) blame me for it, even when i left the house almost a year ago.

In the meantime, I've taken some tough decisions, like selling a house in other state, she constantly demanded that i would give her half of the sale value, even after I explained a number of times that most of the money would go to pay debts, in the end I took the decision to ignore her demands and so she has been quite cold the last few weeks, the important part is that I feel very relieved to have covered those debts and if she wants to complain about something or anything, good for her, i really don't care anymore, I guess this is detachment and it feels good.

My work life has improved considerably and got a nice feedback this time around, I expect it will also improve the financial side of my life...

I feel a bit guilty about leaving my kids in that situation most of the time, but my job demands I spend a lot of time outside my city (3-4 days every week) and I wouldn't be able to bring them to school, prepare meals etc. My current thoughts are that if things stay like this for two more years, I could demand the divorce, convince and bring the kids with me and move to my formal job location, which is a couple of hours away, and where I would be able to take care of them every day, I'm sure they would appreciate the change but I guess time will tell.

Greetings, Algo
We're humans, we dream, we create Gods and fight them, and they bless us.

Algo’s MLC journey
#11: May 17, 2023, 10:44:30 PM
Why the two year timeline, Algo?
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

M
Algo’s MLC journey
#12: May 18, 2023, 06:05:36 AM
Algo, I also think you did the right thing taking care of bills and debts. I did the same. Not with the house sale ( I got the house and equity) but I took savings and paid off anything else, so we BOTH had no debt.

I can’r imagine going through this with young kids ( young adults are hard enough) that rely on you and are still growing into who they are. This has such a huge impact on their lives.

Is the 2 year point your standing time frame?
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

Algo’s MLC journey
#13: May 19, 2023, 05:41:45 PM
Thanks, well, the 2 year milestone... I think it will be an adequate timeframe to reevaluate the situation, until that day, I will do my best to support her and look for her best, at this point I'm not sure if it will be the time to call the shots on a divorce... then again there is another important milestone in 2 more years, when my youngest son approaches 12 years and in case of a divorce he could decide with which parent he wants to leave, according to local laws, so at this point I'm fully LBS, with 7 months of time left for my W  :) I really hope she uses them wisely.
We're humans, we dream, we create Gods and fight them, and they bless us.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.