Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Through the Looking Glass

R
My Story Through the Looking Glass
#90: October 21, 2023, 02:19:04 PM
Agreed.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Through the Looking Glass
#91: October 23, 2023, 02:33:52 AM
I have read in this forum that I should mirror her way of answering. But I do not want to change who I am and mirror her impoliteness. So I stay myself and do my best to ignore the rudeness. Understanding the MLC & detachment help me to not react. 

There is a big difference between being rude and simply mirroring.....

In the case she chooses not to answer you then maybe it is time to stop asking?

Patient: "Doctor, it REALLY hurts when I stab myself in the nose with this Barbeque fork!"
Doctor: "Well then - STOP STABBING YOURSELF IN THE NOSE WITH THE BARBEQUE FORK!"
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

H
#92: January 06, 2024, 07:47:05 AM
Happy New Year Everyone,

It's been about 3 months since I posted and have gotten to a point where I will share updates as I have meaningful information to share.   Appreciate the dialogue back in October regarding how the MLCers view their spouse.    I have gotten to a point where I know who I am and it really doesn't matter to met what my XW thinks.   

Journaling:

I have had a really peaceful couple of months as the year ended.   Thanksgiving was quiet as I didn't have D16 and D14, so I used it to relax before the Christmas holiday.    December was crazy as we are now back into dance competition season for D14.   The girls and I then went to Florida to spend 4 days with my family for Christmas and then 3 days at Walt Disney World.    The trip was amazing except for a 36 hour period where I came down with hte flu the two days before christmas.   Tamiflu and other medicines helped so Christmas Day and the WDW trip after were awesome. 

As for me personally, work is going ok although a little concerned about the pipeline of engagements with my current consulting department.   Hoping things pick up.    I still have not dated and don't have any intentions for the time being.   My focus still continues to be on my 2 girls as I only have  a couple of years left before they are in college.   I am reaching a point where I could be interested in dating but want to wait until I am fully healed and have money to spend on someone else.   

Lastly, life has been tough for my XW as her dad is not doing well health wise and may need to put into a nursing home.   Her mom may also move in with her later this year which would definitely be interesting.    Her Mom as I know her wouldn't have put up with her life decisions over the past 3 years so not quite sure how it's going to work out.   My XW still has compartmentalized her life and any dating that she has done has remained private.   My kids also don't talk about it.   I just find it strange that she kept  any personal relationship activity hidden even 2 year after we have been divorced.

Enough about her.   My main focus continues to be on me and my girls life.   Looking forward to getting back into dance competition season this winter and spring and then doing something fun in the summer.

HF
W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021
D Final - Jan 2022

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#93: January 06, 2024, 08:14:20 PM
Great to read an updated HF.  I'm sorry about the flu but I'm glad you were able to enjoy WDW with your girls.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

H
#94: May 14, 2024, 09:44:48 PM
Thank you FW for your response.

Journaling after a 5 month break on the forum.

Well, life here sure has been eventful.  My work has been crazy as we had a recent organizational restructuring with many leaders being laid off.  Fortunately, I am ok for now and have some work with another team which has been fun.

My two girls 16 and 14 are doing so well in school, and we made it through the busy dance season this spring.   I absolutely love being a "dance Dad", and want to enjoy the remaining years with my girls why they still live with me.   Can't believe that both will be in high school next year.   

As for XW, she finally has gone public with a "new" OM, and I can honestly say it hasn't really bothered me much.  Living in secret is not a healthy way to live and at least this new relationship may stabilize life for my girls.    My XW is still very much in her crises and can't interact with me in a healthy way.   The good news is I am point of total acceptance and continue to focus on how I handle my interactions with her.   

I'll end with story to share.    My XW and her OM were getting ready to leave to go out of the country and the day before our two dogs got into a fight and the smaller dog broke her leg.   (Background:  We share the dogs as the larger dog is my older daughter's dog that goes between houses and the smaller dog was our dog during our marriage.   They don't get along and sometimes fight when together.  We keep them at separate houses from time-to-time)

On the day that the smaller dog broke her leg, I came over to get my daughter and checked on the smaller dog.   This is when I met OM and I went right up to him and introduced myself shaking his hand.   I then focused on our smaller dog as she was in a lot of pain.     The next day, my XW and OM brought the smaller dog to my house so I could take care of both of dogs while they went out of the country.

It was  tough week as I had to stop the pain medicine due to diarrhea and had a couple tough nights.    The good news is the smaller dog is doing well now although it will take time for the broken leg to heal.

There is now way I could have gotten on a plane leaving our dog with broken leg but it just reinforces the selfish behavior of my XW.   I still miss the "old XW" but I do not want anything to do with this new person.   Has made it easy to move forward.

I am not dating anyone at the moment mostly due to not having extra money for the dating relationship.    My girls are my focus right now as I only have a couple of years left with them.   I do feel I will be ready for relationship in the future and will see where God leads me.

Well, that is all for now.   Moving forward trying to live my best life.   

HF

W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021
D Final - Jan 2022

s
#95: May 15, 2024, 12:00:08 AM
HF, so glad you are doing well! As a hetero woman LBS, men like you are both an inspiration and a comfort to know. Thank you for sharing and bless.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.