Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5

V
What I read (and who knows what to believe) she had spent several years with mental health issues.

How many of us also heard we were “crazy.” My ex would have said the same thing, pretend to be loving  and caring widower.

How many of us also heard we were “crazy.” My ex would have said the same thing, pretend to be loving  and caring widower.

Probably many of us, if not all. But our families would know it wasn't true. If Mr J would try to play the loving caring widower no one would believe him.Not would anyone believe him if he went around telling people I had mental issues.

Not everything is MLC related. Not every divorce/separation is MLC related. Some poeple do have mental health issues and take their own life.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
Oh no doubt!! But I just think the timing just speaks for itself.....that, and both of their ages (If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well...!)

What I know of her story makes me believe she had issues and have had them for years. Just because a couple is a certain age and is separated it does not make it MLC.

What I recall is that she didn't want to seek help because it may damage her brand. Still, who knows.

But I don't think it is fair to be saying her husband was (or is) having a MLC because of what happened. It is rare, if not very rare, for a LBS to take their life. Not so rare for an MLCer.

It is also not rare for people with mental illness to not seek help.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

m
Well I tried, and (obviously) failed. Took 43 of my prescription drug (Sertraline), and waited.

Yes, I'd had a depression script for 10 years, but it never changed and I'd never, ever thought about suicide until being an LBS.

Just sayin.....

• Mentor
Megogirl, suicide is never the answer.

If you ever feel like that again please call someone.
This will get better, even if you don't think that now.

PM me if you need to talk.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

m
Thank you, Thunder and I know....all of that.

I can't imagine being that low ever again, and although we all know the never-ending hell that is being an LBS, I'm keepin' on keepin' on.   

Megogirl, I didn't say LBS don't think about suicide. I said they seldon take their lives, unlike MLCer that often do it (usually when Replay activities no longer work or when they hit rock bottom). For a brief moment, a few hours one night right after BD, I also thought about it.

Thinking and doing are different things.

You're one of those few who went further than just thinking. One of the few, not the only one.

But we don't know if there was MLC in this case nor can be pointing fingers to the husband. We don't know enough. Accusing someone without evidence is wrong.

I hope you're keeping taking good care of yourself and that your depression is being treated/keep on check.

• Mentor
megogirl,  I can't imagine ever feeling that low again either.

I never thought about seriously killing myself, I couldn't do that to my family, but there was a time I didn't care if I lived or died.
Maybe if I just stop eating...I can slowly fade away.   ::)

All over one man.  How dumb is that?
No one's worth feeling like that.  No one.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

All over one man.  How dumb is that?

I don't think it is all over one man. It is because of the whole thing, marriage, life plans, shared dreams, the shock, the pain, the depression that sets in etc.

If this thing was easy and had no consequences we wouldn't all be here. This stuff causes real damages and, sadly, many of us, if not all, at a point though about putting and end to it all.

For most of us it was a passing, short lived thought. For others it was a more. The though stuck, or may stull be there and a few tried.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.