Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Resources about MLC 2

B
  • Don't believe everything you think.
MLC Monster Re: Resources about MLC 2
#10: July 12, 2013, 04:49:28 PM
Another post by Tsunami about Signs of depression through MLC:
It ticked a lot boxes for my situation, and has helped a lot! I'll sleep well after reading this tonight.
I have not gone gone mad or failed at my relationship. HE IS IN MLC!!!
I hope it will help many other LBS. So, so glad I found this tonight.
Thank you Tsunami!

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1646.0
'Nothing worth having comes easy'
BD oct 1st 2012. 2 teens- 2 Dogs. Together 16 years, not married. No OW in sight. Foo issues a go-go.

Re: Resources about MLC 2
#11: July 12, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
Searched a few things about it and it seems interesting. Wonder where to put is Disorientation... Separation? Liminality?... The first two could be Murray Stein Separation, the last two Reintegration. For us that would be Mirdad’s Dismantling and Emptiness are RCR Separation, Rebuilding and A New Life, Rebirth and Reintegration. 

If I'm getting Mirdad correctly, the soul, if crisis mode is reached, will go to places that will make it break in order to, afterwards, reach its new path. If you choose the easy way, you will get there faster and without such turmoil. If in crisis mode the soul hits all the “wrong” places to break, then, our MLCers crisis choices obviously are against their souls and their core and are only there to make them learn the hard way.

Not that some seem to learn…  ::) ::) ::)
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

#12: July 12, 2013, 06:08:23 PM
Searched a few things about it and it seems interesting. Wonder where to put is Disorientation... Separation? Liminality?... The first two could be Murray Stein Separation, the last two Reintegration. For us that would be Mirdad’s Dismantling and Emptiness are RCR Separation, Rebuilding and A New Life, Rebirth and Reintegration. 

I'm so glad you took an interest in it - I thought of your sister when I got to the part that explained it happened at many points through our lives.  I believe it would still fall into separation.  He describes Dismantling as being the physical purge, Emptiness as the emotional purge, and Disorientation as the mental purge - stripping away the processes we clung to and leaving us with self-doubt.  I thought it was interesting that he also said we would recognize this all in hindsight if we were going to - but that the first two stages were more likely to go unnoticed even in reflection or done on a subconscious level, while this one would seem more evident.

If I'm getting Mirdad correctly, the soul, if crisis mode is reached, will go to places that will make it break in order to, afterwards, reach its new path. If you choose the easy way, you will get there faster and without such turmoil. If in crisis mode the soul hits all the “wrong” places to break, then, our MLCers crisis choices obviously are against their souls and their core and are only there to make them learn the hard way.

Not that some seem to learn…  ::) ::) ::)

Hehehehe...indeed.  And that's my take on it, too.  He said there are two basic ways the breakthrough out of the tunnel (his words) and into the light happens - either hitting rock bottom (they are, in his words, "tired of darkness"), or simply because it comes to a point where it makes sense (they have learned to "love the light"). 

[/quote]
Just kindled it from Amazon - bed time reading!!!! Thanks R2T

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, S&D!! :)

#13: July 12, 2013, 06:57:07 PM
I believe it would still fall into separation.  He describes Dismantling as being the physical purge, Emptiness as the emotional purge, and Disorientation as the mental purge - stripping away the processes we clung to and leaving us with self-doubt.  I thought it was interesting that he also said we would recognize this all in hindsight if we were going to - but that the first two stages were more likely to go unnoticed even in reflection or done on a subconscious level, while this one would seem more evident.

It makes sense. One may be more aware of the mental purge than of the previous two.

Hehehehe...indeed.  And that's my take on it, too.  He said there are two basic ways the breakthrough out of the tunnel (his words) and into the light happens - either hitting rock bottom (they are, in his words, "tired of darkness"), or simply because it comes to a point where it makes sense (they have learned to "love the light"). 

For some maybe both?... Tired of darkess because they have learned to love (or at least to like/desire) the light?... And, yet, some get to rock bottom and all they seem to still want in run back to the dark safety of the tunnel...

Think my sister in a delayed quarter-life crisis… Lets see how she manages and how/where she will be in 10 years time.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

#14: July 13, 2013, 10:35:16 AM
The film version of "The Shadow Effect" is on Youtube - a great watch, very enlightening (no pun intended!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJ9tgh_BXs

c
#15: October 27, 2013, 05:30:05 PM
I didn't know where to put this so that everyone could read so it's on this thread.  I won't be offended if someone moves it.

My niece is studying Psych 101 at university & last week the prof discussed midlife crisis!  My niece of course is familiar with the term [not just my h but the father of one friend & the mother of another]; but I'm sure my niece had no idea that academics took it seriously.  She [the prof] also made allusions to one of the other profs [male] who owned a new yellow sports car & recent, young wife.  Maybe the next generation will be more aware & self-aware.

#16: October 28, 2013, 06:27:57 AM
We can only hope Calamity :)
  thanks for sharing!
31andcounting
Hurting people hurt people :(

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.