Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Wish You Well

E
My Story Wish You Well
#110: April 19, 2024, 08:23:22 PM
I am currently away in Melbourne with D23, M and his S12. We’re here to watch a couple of games of footy (one today and another tomorrow). We’ll also likely go to the markets today (if D23 and S12 ever get up, lol, it’s already 9.14 and they’re both still snoring away, haha) and the Melb Aquarium tomorrow. Ds have met M and S12 quite a few times now but this is first time spending considerable time together. It’s very nice. I feel like everything is gelling very well in my new life. I still miss xH, but that life feels further away (most of the time) these days.

We have sporadic, very amicable communication (he wished me a HBDay on FB for instance (and ‘liked’ many of the HBDay messages from other people which was a bit odd). And of course I still know what he’s doing pretty much through the osmotic-in law/Ds-grapevine.

Two days ago I got a waft from D23 of trouble in paradise and I thought it worth documenting. They really don’t say much about their dad at all these days. We rarely mention him. D23 has said a few things recently (but they’re more about what she thinks about him and his slightly odd behaviour (eg always always being very very late for events these days, like 3 or more hours late)).

Two days ago I mentioned something about xH and OW looking to buy a house (we were talking about my finances and possibly buying an investment house with M). D23 said ‘yeah… not sure he’s going to now’. I said ‘oh… how come?’ She said xH was at D25s house recently and he told her that he wasn’t sure about buying a house with OW and ‘obviously was wanting to talk about it’ with D25.

D23 rolled her eyes said she wasn’t surprised and thinks it’s partly because of the drama associated with OWs son (he is about 29 I think and lives with xH and OW, apparently ‘lovely’ but also a bit of a ‘no-hoper’ who has mental heath and drug problems, and can’t keep a job). She also sarcastically said ‘Seeee, I knew this would happen’ (she’s intimated several times that she thinks it’ll all fall apart one day).

So as I said, just a waft, nothing concrete. Funny that I’m pretty much at the stage of hoping it DOES work for them. Way too complicated otherwise.
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

M
Wish You Well
#111: April 21, 2024, 09:23:36 AM
So glad to hear things are going well. Not surprised on XH/OW.  When time passes and real life happens the seeds of doubtS and the everyday human flaws become apparent. Different person, different problems. It’s never the dream!
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Wish You Well
#112: April 22, 2024, 01:04:29 AM

Two days ago I got a waft from D23 of trouble in paradise and I thought it worth documenting.

<...snip...>

D23 rolled her eyes said she wasn’t surprised and thinks it’s partly because of the drama associated with OWs son (he is about 29 I think and lives with xH and OW, apparently ‘lovely’ but also a bit of a ‘no-hoper’ who has mental heath and drug problems, and can’t keep a job). She also sarcastically said ‘Seeee, I knew this would happen’ (she’s intimated several times that she thinks it’ll all fall apart one day).

When one builds a house on a foundation made of sand (or jello), it will settle dramatically over time and eventually fall apart....

And, just because there is a new partner on the scene doesn't mean his own demons have gone away. They are still there and still causing the same issues.... Just takes a different path as the constellation of xH/OW/OWKid is different than it was....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.