Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
I just went and read the New Yorker article. What a waste of time. The author wrote the article based on a few photos snapped of Affleck. Someone could snap a photo of a senator blinking in Congress and say he was sleeping on the job, but it wouldn't make it true. You can't say anything about anyone just based on a few photos.

I think you are a bit obsessed with celebrities. OK, maybe I should say really obsessed.

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
I don't know what you're basing that statement on....

I believe Affleck is the only celebrity I've mentioned, because I've followed his & JG's story for forever. 

I've also mentioned Kate Spade, because IMO she was married to an MLCer, before her untimely death.

Two celebs in obvious MLC is germane to this site.  I'm not really obsessed with anyone actually.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:41:59 PM by megogirl »

I believe Affleck is the only celebrity I've mentioned, because I've followed his & JG's story for forever. 

Then you should know this is how Affleck acts. He has done the OW thing, the drink, the rehab before. The SNL presenter had been his mistress for years on end. Garner couldn't care less about it.

He either gets another woman or strippers when he wants to end/sabotage a relationship.

The tattoo is a bit MLC, but the rest of his behaviour is a pattern he has had for decades.

No MLCer that I know of goes to rehab because their spouse take them to. Good luck trying to take a MLCer to rehab or therapy.

I've also mentioned Kate Spade, because IMO she was married to an MLCer, before her untimely death.

Kate Spade had issues of her own.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

m
Kate Spade had issues of her own.

No doubt.  She had depression, like I do.

But I see many parallels between her story, and my own.  And it makes me nuts when people try to attach everything to depression. 

I've taken Zoloft for 9 years.  But I was medicated, and thoughts of suicide were *never* there.

Enter: my horrendous MLC'er.  And turning our family upside-down was the straw that broke this camel's back.

I don't see MLC in her husband, but, who knows.

Still, only the person who took its own life is responsible for it. I understand that things/people can drive us to suicide - my maternal grandfather suffered from mental illness and took his life and my paternal aunt also suffered from mental illness and tried to take her life.

But, regardless of anything else, it were them who did it. My grandfather never seek help, a man of his time hardly would. My paternal aunt had a psychiatrist that only seemed to do more damage.

I also had a maternal great-aunt, grandmother's younger sister, who was schizophrenic. Mental illness runs in both sides of my family.

Depression does cause a lot of problems/is responsible for lots of things. Like MLC. Or suicide. Does a non-depressed person takes its own life? I really don't know, but I would say no.

Sure, MLC will make matters worst. But you are here.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
The whole 90210 thing? Those were actors and actresses playing parts.

m
You don't get it, Goner.

I believed I was acting out the role of "Kelly Taylor" then - NOT Jennie Garth.

That enabled me to believe what I was doing was normal, and acceptable.  (Because if the exact same thing happened to them....how wrong could it really be?)

I am fully aware that it was twisted thinking.  I was not in a good place, at all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:00:32 AM by megogirl »

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45452146

No fault divorce likely to be ushered into UK law.......

Whilst I think the unreasonable behaviour clause should be removed - I still see nothing wrong with the two year separation before mutual divorce.  Perhaps 5 years without consent is too long but even so... it's very worrying.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45446254

This explains a lot.  When Boris started saying random, bizarre comments in interviews and then resigned from his various posts left right and centre I must admit I wondered if he was possibly MLC. 

Apparently he has been linked with 3 women including a much younger blonde!! 

BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

Nope, knew him a bit at Oxford - serially unfaithful narcissist man child if very entertaining dinner guest. Long history of screwing over friends, lovers, colleagues and political allies...not a man to even buy a used car from tbh.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:42:29 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.