Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5

Discussion Re: MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5
#100: September 27, 2018, 11:40:40 AM
Burt was the OP. Although neither was in a relationship when they got together.

If none of them was in a relationship there is no OP.

Also don't think it had anything to do with MLC. They both seem nuts to me and not MLC nuts.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
I don't know how you can hear it without a SiriusXM subscription, but Howard Stern is interviewing Hugh Jackman today and Hugh's mother definitely had an MLC.  She left the family - husband and kids behind.  This was in the 1970s.  Now she says she never meant for it to be forever and she told him it was like it wasn't her, it was like another person was making those choices. Very interesting.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

W
I don't know how you can hear it without a SiriusXM subscription, but Howard Stern is interviewing Hugh Jackman today and Hugh's mother definitely had an MLC.  She left the family - husband and kids behind.  This was in the 1970s.  Now she says she never meant for it to be forever and she told him it was like it wasn't her, it was like another person was making those choices. Very interesting.

Wow! Sounds familiar.
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 46
W: 46 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 31) Trainings partner. Is tolerated by LaFamiglia
2 Sons - 20 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Tripped over this...https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/anna-murdoch-mann-he-was-hard-ruthless-and-determined-9162236.html
Seems like the 2nd Mrs Murdoch had an all too familiar sounding BD and LBS reaction
And the 3rd Mrs Murdoch sounded like a pretty typical ow...went from adoring pixie to controlling dragon to unfaithful indifference...and it wasn't Ms Deng's first ow family wrecking rodeo either.
Extraordinarily, he married AGAIN in 2016 to Jerry Hall if you remember ( I was in LBS fog so didn't notice)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

N

Nas

"You don't hurt other people for your own happiness."
Amen to that.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

Did Hugh Jackman's parents reconcile, or he didn't talk about it?

Murdoch was always ruthless. He is evil and always was. Anyone who marries him either is nuts or does it for the money. His world is another world, normal rules do not apply in that world. Money and power are the only things that count.

Is is more extraordinary Jerry Hall married him. Or maybe not. She spend years with controlling, womanizer Mick and had children with him. She likes money, Murdoch has tons of it.

"You don't hurt other people for your own happiness."

Depends of who you are. Normal people don't. Some insane, cruel people do. They are happy hurting others.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

N

Nas

Did Hugh Jackman's parents reconcile, or he didn't talk about it?

I got the sense his father made it clear he was not open to it, so she probably never tried. 

N
Is is more extraordinary Jerry Hall married him. Or maybe not. She spend years with controlling, womanizer Mick and had children with him. She likes money, Murdoch has tons of it.

I wondered the same. I mean, how much money would you need to be expecting in order to agree marry Murdoch?  I can’t imagine....

I got the sense his father made it clear he was not open to it, so she probably never tried.

Most likely. That is what tends to happen. On HS we are a very special group of people. Out there, no one gives a chance to someone who does what MLCers do. And they are probably the ones in the right.

I wondered the same. I mean, how much money would you need to be expecting in order to agree marry Murdoch?  I can’t imagine....

Billions. But not even billions would make me want to marry Murdoch. The thing is, women like Jerry and men like Murdoch live in a parallel universe. And now Murdoch is too old. They are probably just mates. If he dies, providing they remain married, she gets tons of money.

S
  • Mentor
Here in Australia we have a television breakfast program host called Carl Stefcanovic who began to look different several years ago - he was all puffy and began dressing like a teenager and is 44 years old, and I actually commented to a friend he looked like he was going into MLC.

A few months later he left his wife of 21 years and their three children and on the day he lecft, still turned up to work like nothing had happened - sound familiar? 

He had a couple of ow's, high profile of course and a few days ago, decided to wed one of the ow's who is 10 years his junior.  She is a shoe designer and her wedding dress was a white miniskirt at the front, tapering Down at the back into full train.  It looked ridiculous.  It was a huge wedding,  all for show of course and during the wedding speech he called her his rock and said he couldn't live without her, all the usual MLC stuff.

There is a picture of them today in the press, him in jeans and T-shirt, jacket dark shoes with different coloured shoelaces, one one orange and one green :o

There is also the news that he has been sacked by the television network and for all the people living in the US, looks like he's staying with you to be with you Schmoopie ow.

He still looks like he's acting about 17 years old, according to the pressie has very little to do with his former family.  I have no doubt this is midlife crisis and it is all very sad just as it is for the rest of us.

Here's a link to one of the stories about him:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/karl-and-jasmine-tie-the-knot-in-sunset-ceremony-in-mexico/news-story/af3c386d227ae6ceca065dcff9c2dc2d

and a pic of the shoes:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/karl-stefanovic-will-lean-on-his-new-wife-now-more-than-ever/news-story/c39f361b87d26c0fc0e635eca3252fe4

A picture tells a thousand words ::) ::)
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.