Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story It's A Wonderful Life

b
My Story It's A Wonderful Life
OP: November 23, 2022, 10:02:24 AM
I don't have the time to go into it at the moment, but when I have more time, I will further explain the title of this thread, beyond the obvious.  It truly is a wonderful life, but there's also a new holiday tradition that Popeye and I started a couple years ago that goes along with it.

Plus, it's Thanksgiving eve and I'll be up to my elbows in pies, turkey, dinner rolls and preparing a couple of small sides lol  I look so forward to spending the day with my family and Popeye, so I truly don't mind a bit of the work that goes into making it a memorable affair.  I hope you all have a wonderful day surrounded by your loved ones ❤️

Previous Thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11682 - UM
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 12:30:11 AM by UrsaMajor »

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
It's A Wonderful Life
#1: November 23, 2022, 01:49:29 PM
Hello,

I think it is a great thread title. It is one of my favorite movies and Jimmy Stewart was one of my favorite actors. In the movie, George Bailey has lots and lots of setbacks, but he manages just to keep his head above water. He was a hard worker and he persevered.

I know you put in the work. You stick to your workout regimen and put the same passion into your baking as well.

My son once told me, "Before you, my mom dated a lot of crap men. It was so sad to see her go out hopeful and be hurt again and again. That's why we are so happy that you are part of her life. You have made her a confident person again."  My wife persevered and never gave up.

I went through my ups and downs as well. That's why I am so happy with my wife. We know how much a broken heart hurts and we work to keep each other safe. That doesn't mean we don't argue, but we fight with respect and it is more to communicate our feelings-not put the other person down.

I know you have had your own fair share of crap. Your passion and positivity during this time saw you through. That's why I read and celebrate your thread. Not everyone is going to reconcile and we need to be prepared to accept any outcome.

Enjoy your day with Popeye and family. I know he feels just as blessed as you are,

(((Ready)))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
It's A Wonderful Life
#2: November 24, 2022, 12:31:11 AM
Attaching - and looking forward to hearing about your new tradition...

I linked your threads for you too while I was at it....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
Re: It's A Wonderful Life
#3: November 30, 2022, 09:59:26 AM
So, just very briefly and true to my trajectory of forward movement, the theme and title of this thread speak of the ups and downs of everyday, normal life.  Life is not good, nor bad, but rather what you make it and of how you perceive the events that take place.

Ever since Popeye and I have been together, we've made it our tradition to settle in front of the tv on Christmas Eve and devour a homemade pizza, while watching, you guessed it, It's A Wonderful Life.  I had never seen this movie in It's entirety until we got together, so that makes it all the more meaningful because he's only added to my life and brought it to a fullness it's really never had.

If you've seen the movie, you know Jimmy Stewart's character, George has had quite a life.  Like all of us, he's seen and done a lot and gets a glimpse of what life would have been like if he'd never existed.  My husband also quotes the line "one life touches many" and that's the truth.  Anyway, I've always expressed gratitude that Universe has granted me the lessons it has and also that I've been wise enough to learn them as gracefully and quickly as possible.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:01:14 AM by beyondblessed »

t
It's A Wonderful Life
#4: December 01, 2022, 05:59:09 AM
Great title beyondblessed!  I love hearing how well you're doing.  I actually just saw that movie for the first time last year. Maybe this year I'll watch it again and eat some pizza thinking of you guys :)  Thank you for sharing -- I hope you and Popeye have a wonderful holiday/new year!!!!
B

B
It's A Wonderful Life
#5: December 01, 2022, 08:18:13 AM
It's an amazing film - and I haven't seen it for years. I'm going to watch it with S this Christmas, thanks for reminding me of it!

It's A Wonderful Life
#6: December 02, 2022, 09:45:51 PM
Hi BB  :D

I've never seen that movie..... or Miracle on 34th St.

One of my favorite channels had the last theatrical Popeye cartoon made and showed it......  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QL-pE6x5Lg&t=735s
It's at 6:09 and Olive Oyl is in it too.  8) (The whole video is fascinating, he talks all about Popeye and old old film). History rocks!! 
HA!!

Pizza and a movie sounds delightful.... what a wonderful life  :)

-SS

W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

• Mentor
It's A Wonderful Life
#7: December 06, 2022, 06:18:51 PM
Following along.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

B
It's A Wonderful Life
#8: December 07, 2022, 03:24:40 PM
I went with D11 and her whole year group from school to an operatic version of the film today, performed by the ENO in London.

I was in charge of 6 kids getting to and from school on the tube, of a group of 90 kids.

The opera was wonderful, the kids were well behaved and kind of appreciative of the event. All in all an amazing day with a group of lovely kids!

b
Re: It's A Wonderful Life
#9: December 08, 2022, 07:59:17 AM
Great title beyondblessed!  I love hearing how well you're doing.  I actually just saw that movie for the first time last year. Maybe this year I'll watch it again and eat some pizza thinking of you guys :)  Thank you for sharing -- I hope you and Popeye have a wonderful holiday/new year!!!!
B

Thank you, TS!  I'm glad to share this tradition with everyone because  I mean, pizza and a classic holiday move....that's a win-win.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.