Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Off-Topic Forum Problems
OP: February 26, 2018, 10:41:20 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to post for the last couple of days. The host was able to remedy the issue, but we are not out of the woods yet. This began as part of an upgrade that went awry and then I had someone from smf (we are an smf forum) do a new clean upgrade for me. He did not mess it up--he's been wonderful. It seems an old modification was causing a problem--even though it was no longer installed. As you can see the forum formatting was removed as part of the clean upgrade--specifically the topic icons. It may take me awhile to figure out how or if we can get the thread icons back. Sure, I can and will certainly upload the storybook and other images...but will we have to start over as we create threads now and leave all the old threads as they are now? Or are the icons we used stored with each thread somewhere in the database... I don't know. I was also using a mod that attached those icons to the thread--this was why we had two columns of icons when you looked at the list of threads. Hopefully those are stored in the database--once I re-upload the actual images. But that particular modification was apparently one that was causing issues... so I don't know what will happen yet. Please let me know (by PM) if you notice any glitches--I think we had some login issues, though I don't know if these are continuing. I may also send a test global PM. I sent one Sunday afternoon and it failed--but I did not know this because I got two copies of it in my inbox, so it looked like it worked until I asked others and no one had received it. Please be patient as we may find some glitches and as I try to get our forum back to where it needs to be...and thanks for still being here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:54:41 PM by Rollercoasterider »

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum Problems
#1: February 26, 2018, 10:42:49 PM
Okay, one glitch or problem seems to be that I cannot type in paragraphs--that initial post was actually separated into a few paragraphs and the system just shoved them all together--so I am sorry that it is difficult to read.

#2: February 27, 2018, 03:40:55 AM
I noticed yesterday that when I tried to respond to posts it just brought up an error messages. This seems resolved at the moment.

When clicking on unread posts since last visit it no longer brings up a list of all the unread stories that you aren't ''attached to''. Now it is either blank or just a few stories from those who have posted directly between visits. Meaning if I want to catch up on anyone else's story from the week you have to go through the community button and search through all the threads manually...if that makes sense?
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

W
#3: February 27, 2018, 05:56:42 AM
Thanks for the info
"and thanks for still being here." 
I think that I can speak for everybody when I say I wish that I never had to be here in the first place ;-)
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 46
W: 46 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 31) Trainings partner. Is tolerated by LaFamiglia
2 Sons - 20 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

M
#4: February 27, 2018, 08:04:51 AM
Thanks for the info
"and thanks for still being here."
I think that I can speak for everybody when I say I wish that I never had to be here in the first place ;-)

Ditto from me!

S
#5: February 27, 2018, 09:46:12 AM
I posted on February 23rd and can't find my post. I look foward to everyone's support and incite. It bummed me that my post is nowhere to be found. :-\
"Grief, I have learned, is just love. It's all the love you want to give but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go."

• Administrator
#6: February 27, 2018, 09:52:09 AM
I posted on February 23rd and can't find my post. I look foward to everyone's support and incite. It bummed me that my post is nowhere to be found. :-\
I am sorry to say that it is lost, is it possible for you to re-post it?

S
#7: February 27, 2018, 11:12:45 AM
Thank you for the update - I was beginning to wonder if I had been banned from posting :)
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

M
#8: February 28, 2018, 12:53:25 AM
I don't know if it's just my thread and Treausur's but the links to our new threads don't work.

Edit  - yours are working for me now.  - OldPilot
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:18:47 AM by OldPilot »
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

M
#9: February 28, 2018, 08:01:15 AM
My old thread (Hummingbird) went into archives this morning.
I was trying to link to my new one.
Thank you,
MCS

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.