Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story It's A Wonderful Life

B
My Story It's A Wonderful Life
#30: November 29, 2023, 04:14:04 PM
BB,

I read many of your posts when I was new here and always loved your moniker. Hope you and Popeye enjoy the festive season watching one of the greatest movies ever. Do you eat spinach rather than popcorn whilst watching it?
Lovely update.

b
Re: It's A Wonderful Life
#31: November 29, 2023, 05:03:35 PM
BB,

I read many of your posts when I was new here and always loved your moniker. Hope you and Popeye enjoy the festive season watching one of the greatest movies ever. Do you eat spinach rather than popcorn whilst watching it?
Lovely update.

Hello Biscuit!  Although both Popeye and I are huge gym rats, we skip the spinach, and I will make us a huge, loaded pizza, 100% from scratch.  Just another tradition we've started and happily continue.  Makes me smile, just typing this out.  Wishing you and yours very happy holidays!

B
It's A Wonderful Life
#32: November 29, 2023, 06:28:50 PM
Makes me smile too!

Enjoy your homemade pizza and beautiful company, I think you’ve earned it.

t
It's A Wonderful Life
#33: November 30, 2023, 01:22:47 AM
Good to hear from you BB! Glad to hear everything is going well! You've always been an inspiration for me in quickly choosing your own path after BD. It's good to hear that even after everything that has happened you're living your best life wit popeye!
Together for 15 years, married for 4 years
H: 33, me: 33, D: 1,5
BD: april '22 (EA + 'I want to live alone, have no responsibilities')
Left home: june '22
Divorce final: october '22

“They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they’re not.” ~ Charles J. Orlando

b
#34: November 30, 2023, 04:24:39 PM
Good to hear from you BB! Glad to hear everything is going well! You've always been an inspiration for me in quickly choosing your own path after BD. It's good to hear that even after everything that has happened you're living your best life wit popeye!

Thank you, TH, I'm happy you can take something positive from my journey.  I definitely used a different approach than most at that time, but I saw enough from my xh and read enough similarities from other's experiences to see the forest for the trees, and I wasn't about to waste anymore years of my life on anyone who I couldn't trust to have my back, in good times or bad.  Life is too short for that, and if you don't go after what you know you desire and deserve, you will always be waiting because it isn't just gonna come to you while you stand around with your hands in your pockets.

My BD was almost 8 years ago, and I am a completely different person than I was at that time.  The people who didn't know me then still marvel at it all when I tell them, and then I show them the pictures of just my physical change and I don't even "look" like the same person, so it was all types of growth:  physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.  It wasn't just one thing, it was many things and it took everything I had to make it happen and to make something good come from such horrible circumstances.  And, that's exactly why I sill come back from time to time.  I feel like the newbies need to know that lots of us have been there, done that and have lived to tell the tale and share our story of not just merely surviving, but thriving and living our best lives yet.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
It's A Wonderful Life
#35: December 21, 2023, 08:31:28 AM
Very well said BB.  I've really been enjoying seeing the baking you've been doing!  Just a few short days away from that pizza and movie!  Love it.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

t
It's A Wonderful Life
#36: December 21, 2023, 09:19:55 AM
Wonderful BB!! I love reading your updates and am thrilled to hear how well you're doing.  Enjoy every moment of your "new" life!!
B

b
#37: December 25, 2023, 06:31:16 PM
Thanks for continuing to folllow, FW and TS.  After tons of baking and planning, another Christmas is winding down.  The tradition of pizza and It's a Wonderful Life was carried out, once again, along with exchanging a few gifts.

Today was spent with our family, and was one of the best Christmas celebrations ever.   There was so much conversation and laughter, that we all had to catch our breath at times.  It makes me even more grateful and thankful because will all the bad that's come and been endured and survived, there is peace, love, devotion and joy in these everyday moments.

s
It's A Wonderful Life
#38: January 17, 2024, 07:20:05 PM
BB - thanks for the update.  I did see that you were doing lots of fabulous looking baking! 

Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2024.   

We've come a long way! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

M
It's A Wonderful Life
#39: January 18, 2024, 11:18:57 AM
I have also always followed you BB and have learned a lot. Your journaling gives hope that you can find love again as well. If you want it :)
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.