Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Upbeat LBS: something we have been all along, or something we become?

OFFROAD I am one of those people !

I couldn't figure out what was going on. We lived beach front on one of teh nicest beaches in the world. We had beautiful happy kids I was always so happy in life I actually would ask God what I did to deserve all of this. I was so happy with life I would pinch myself sometimes.

Then I slowly started to see changes. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my wife. I could feel her pull away from me When I would ask what was going on she said nothing I am just wore out from the kids. This went on for months then she said we had to have a talk via text message. She said I work to much I am never home. I said i would make changes and did and that if we had to make changes we would as she meant the world to me and I would have done anything for her. I believe that was BD 1 for me as she wanted to ask for divorce but chickened out. When I asked of she wanted a divorce she acted like I was crazy.

The next six months we were looking at new houses. I bought her a new car and we talked about future plans etc. Yet at this time I could feel her pull away even farther. This all made me think it was me. Why do I feel like she is constantly pulling away from me? Doing and saying bizarre things, that even her sister noticed. I would cry on my way to work, I thought I was literally going crazy. My sister is Bi Polar and I thought I was becoming that as well. I would call my mom and asked for help. I was almost relieved at BD at first because I realized I wasn't FIRETRUCKING CRAZY! I was so depressed and had never been before. Very Very Scary.

Now I am getting back to the place where I am getting happier most of the time. Back to my normal happy go lucky self.

Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

Divorce final Nov-21

S
Yes, F5. I feel you on that one. The first 10 to 15 years of my M I was an upbeat person. I loved my life, job and family. H and I had many friends and everyone loved us. Over time when his MLC started creeping in there was a huge change in me. I got quiet and distant from everyone. I hardly smiled and I sat away from others. People thought I was stuck up and left me alone.

Since BD and me GAL things have really changed inside of me. I talk and smile at everyone. I feel people are drawn towards me. I just a positive person all the time. Maybe not always happy about everything, but definitely upbeat and can control the happiness. When a situation tries to take me down I think of the positive in the situation. That always turns things around.

To be honest I think that, for me, it is because I have put God upfront and personal in my life, but even more so since this all began.

I'm just lovin life
Stand Tall
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.