Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story It's A Wonderful Life

M
My Story It's A Wonderful Life
#20: December 30, 2022, 12:08:27 PM
BB- Your Christmas sounds like it was perfect and the job change sounds like it may. Work out better for you as well. Good luck!!
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

b
Re: It's A Wonderful Life
#21: January 19, 2023, 10:15:23 AM
On my last post, 2022 was winding down, and Popeye and I were celebrating a wonderful holiday season, despite the looming fact that my department at work was being outsourced and because of that, I stood to lose all the amazing benefits my current hospital employer was providing.  Being outsourced by an employer like that was a betrayal similar to being BD'd in a weird way.  I truly could feel so much empathy for my co-workers who'd given years, decades of their lives to this company, only to be told 10 days before Christmas  their services would be no longer an asset and if they wanted to remain an employee, rather than go with the company taking over, they'd better figure out a place to transfer. 

Of course, I was surprised, but oddly enough, I was rather unfazed.  Maybe it's because I had slightly less than a year committed to this entity or maybe it's because I've been through what we've all been through here.  Either way, it sucks just the same, but I also knew that the only way out was through it.  So, I got busy applying for different positions within the hospital that I knew I was qualified and skilled to perform.  In a lame attempt to lessen the blow, the hospital sent a couple HR people and a director to proclaim and promise they would help to try and ensure anyone who wanted to stay with the hospital.  Similar to the MLC'er, that promise wasn't kept, and again, I instantly knew I'd be the only one helping me if I wanted to keep my employment and benefits safe.

My time frame was small.  We were informed on Dec. 15 and the last day of employment was going to be Jan. 18, so just about a month's notice....even though, just like our BD, this had been in the works for months unbeknownst to all of us.  So, I guess what I'm getting at is betrayal works the same regardless of the situation.  One person is always way ahead of the game, and that's what leaves the one left behind so off kilter and disjointed. 

To make an already long story short, I was determined not to be dismissed and left to start with a company I did NOT choose as my employer.  I CHOSE the hospital and my current position and I wasn't just going to roll over and accept the $h!te sandwich everyone was being served just because it was there.  Any of you who have followed my journey know that's not how I roll.  I hustled and applied for as many positions as I could and in that small time frame had 7 interviews and 2 call backs.  I'm happy to say that, as always, being my own best advocate and showing my persistent nature helped me to land a position as an office assistant in a family practice less than 5 miles from my house.  So by doing everything I could do within my control and power and by focusing on the most important thing at hand:  keeping my same employer and fantastic benefits, I was able to move forward and gain something even better than what was lost.  See the connection?  Life lessons are your last best teacher.  Use them wisely and to your advantage.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:16:29 AM by beyondblessed »

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
It's A Wonderful Life
#22: January 20, 2023, 01:23:39 AM

No other words needed.....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
#23: January 21, 2023, 03:53:15 PM
Thank you, UM.  Life's unexpected twists and turns are much easier to navigate these days.  And, it doesn't hurt to have an emotionally and mentally stable spouse by my side to rely on.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#24: January 23, 2023, 01:26:06 AM
And, it doesn't hurt to have an emotionally and mentally stable spouse by my side to rely on.

That DOES tend to make a difference, doesn't it? <snort!>

Even

can be dealt with when the proper support is available...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
#25: January 25, 2023, 06:25:55 PM
UM, thankfully, the BPD ups, downs and upside-downs are thing of the past.  I like my my smooth and steady sailor and the calm waters so much better lol. No more motion sickness for this girl.

b
#26: April 06, 2023, 04:39:41 PM
Update time from a 2016 class member.  Life is still rolling on.  My new job has provided lots of challenges and growth opportunities.  As with anything in the medical world, it's ever changing and no day is ever the same.  I have already moved positions from the tiny, once privately owned family practice back to the much bigger(and busier) family clinic I trained in for a week back at the beginning of February.   Another MOA who had started there a couple months prior to me was struggling with the pace there and I was bored to tears at the smaller place......which BTW was such a toxic environment, so our supervisor ended up having us switch places.  I have never been so glad to leave a place.  I almost feel sorry for that lady, but am also glad that she wanted something slower because I would have looking for another job if I'd have been forced to stay.  Apparently, the hospital admins have had lots of trouble with that particular office and heads are aboit to roll, so I'm glad to be away from that drama.  The clinic I'm in now has 6 providers as opposed to the 2 at the smaller practice, so we see triple the patients in a days time, but it passes the day much quicker too.  And, my 8 am start time allows me to get my 4am gym time in first thing every day, so that makes me super happy.

On the homefront, everything is still even keel  and drama free with Popeye.  I dare say we are like a boring old married couple lol. We definitely have our differences of opinion on some things, but the key difference is that we talk them through like mature, and well adjusted adults.  And, we tend to agree and think alike on most of the important issues.  He is definitely the calmer voice of reason to my sometimes fiery light 'em up approach, so we balnce each other in that respect as well.  We are 2 weeks shy of our 1st wedding anniversary and will be heading back to our Charleston wedding destination the beginning of May, with a weekend layover in the Smokies.  With all the changes, this girl is ready for a vacay 🙌   I still have very vivid memories of how incredible our wedding day turned out to be and look forward to our beach time again.  We spent every morning just wakling along the shoreline hand-in-hand and talking about the future, and I know we'll be doing the same this time around.  Having that kind of connection is priceless.  It's protective and it's peaceful.  Even in the horrible fallout and aftermath of what my xh did, my trust and faith in Popeye has never wavered.  I realized a long time ago that what my xh lacked  was all on him.  It didn't reflect on me and it certainly didn't reflect on the other men in this world.

It's A Wonderful Life
#27: April 07, 2023, 02:04:13 AM
Nice to hear an update from you BB.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

t
It's A Wonderful Life
#28: April 07, 2023, 03:51:23 PM
Great update BB.  Thank you for checking in and letting us know how you're doing.  Have fun in Charleston--it sounds fabulous!!
B

b
#29: November 29, 2023, 03:12:43 PM
Holy cow, has it really been 8 months since my last update.  That was right  before Popeye's and my 1 year anniversary and our 2nd honeymoon to the beach we were married on in 2022.  Time really does fly when you're having fun, I guess lol

I still do hang around here from time to time, when it allows, mostly hoping for updates from old friends on here, but also just to keep reminding the newbies that this chapter is absolutely not the end of your life, but really just a new beginning that can be exactly and only as you make it.  It is up to you and you alone to use the precious time to your advantage and to move forward in your new found strength and purpose.

It's funny because I titled this thread last Christmas after the movie that's become our new tradition of the  past few years together and not too long from now,  it will be time for Popeye and I to cuddle up on our couch on Christmas eve and watch it again.  It is a truly wonderful life, and I appreciate all the blessings I have that much more today because of the hell I went through to get where I am now.  And, I know for some of you just fresh into this that seems unfathomable, but trust the process, use your time wisely and do the things necessary to heal and you'll get there, too.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.