Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic What's growing in MY part of the world

S
  • Mentor
Off-Topic Re: What's growing in MY part of the world
#20: September 20, 2019, 02:22:44 AM
Spring has sprung here is Australia and I am planting some herbs.  Just parsley, coriander and chilies at the moment but I intend planting tomatoes, beans, cucumbers and capsicum in the near future. Looking forward to some warmer weather a last.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Re: What's growing in MY part of the world
#21: October 08, 2019, 05:49:19 AM
Well, my Chili's are finally ripening a bit and the Yellow Bhut's have quite a kick. If the Carolina Reapers are true to form, they will be about 10 times hotter..... LET THE FLAMES BEGIN!

I gave a few Chili's to a friend, one of which she put into a pot of Goulash and it was fantastic!  Not really super spicy but it had that luscious chili flavor... Another one we misused and rubbed it on a piece of Cable Channel that my dog decided to gnaw on while she was bored.... Since my dog has had this aversion therapy before, she knows EXACTLY what that chili smells like and has studiously avoided the Cable Channel since... That was a yellow Habanero Chili....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

#22: October 08, 2019, 06:46:42 AM
Watched a comedian talk about putting hot tobasco sauce on fingertips while the person is sleeping so that when they go for a pee it creates a burning wand of fire if you catch my drift...

Think you could attain the same effect if you were to use one of your peppers?  ;D

Just uh...

Asking for a friend.  8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:47:48 AM by Mortesbride »
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

• Mentor
#23: October 08, 2019, 07:27:19 AM
Watched a comedian talk about putting hot tobasco sauce on fingertips while the person is sleeping so that when they go for a pee it creates a burning wand of fire if you catch my drift...

Think you could attain the same effect if you were to use one of your peppers?  ;D

Just uh...

Asking for a friend.  8)

ABSOLUTELY!

I made the mistake of scratching my nose near my eye after cutting one.... NOT a pretty sight....  I usually use surgical gloves if I am cutting lots of them.... but this time, since it was just one, I wasn't as careful and I paid the piper...
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

N
#24: October 08, 2019, 07:36:43 AM
I have 2 kids that are growing at rapid speed. I wish they'd slow down. My youngest started pre-school and my son will start high school next year. Where does the time go?

I've been working on my house and the renovations. I have a new kitchen, new windows and doors, new flooring, new patio going into the garden. I love it. It makes me feel happy. Next year, I have set myself the target of finishing the garden, so I will definitely need people's input as I have no idea what I'm doing and I want a little vegetable patch if I can manage it. It'd be great. I hope my vision comes true for next year. I imagine myself sorting the garden while the kids and dog play. Sounds idyllic. I know the reality probably will be I won't be able to get anything done cos of the kids, but it'll still be lovely.

#25: October 08, 2019, 08:04:28 AM
If the kids are old enough, get them involved in growing something they like to eat which is easy and 'theirs'. Strawberries or tomatoes maybe.  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

N
#26: October 09, 2019, 03:03:07 AM
Yes, my son is. He wants to help with the vegetable patch and strawberries would be a great idea. We can see how we get on next year and see if I can turn myself into a gardener.  :)

#27: October 09, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
Kids. Literally.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Mentor
#28: October 23, 2019, 07:37:47 AM
So, here is what came out of it... so far...   If the weather doesn't freeze, I might get another couple dozen ....

The LEAST spicy is the Yellow Habenero at about 500,000 Scoville (JalapeƱos have about 25,000 Scoville for reference) and go up to the area of about 2 Million (the red Carolina Reapers..)

Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

#29: October 23, 2019, 08:14:48 AM
FantAstic!
How are you planning to preserve or use them?
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.