Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8

C
MLC Monster Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8
#150: September 26, 2019, 07:43:15 PM
Imo
Some people only discover the problem is them after repeatedly making the same mistakes. They have to fail at making themselves feel better with a fresh new shiny toy several times before they go.....what if the problem is me?

I just don’t think the number matters unless you were looking for a good gauge of cognitive dissonance, in which case I think the number is very relevant.

H has an old employee who is having a MLC....she’s currently on her 7th engagement in about 4 years, she’s never had one survive all the way to the marriage finish line....but remains undaunted.
3 weeks from meeting to engagement on the latest and greatest. 🤷‍♀️
Me 38
H 38
S17
Wallower/Chaos kid
EA discovered 3/31/2019
BD March 31 2019
He left 10/6/2020
Status: I’m done. Stbxh remorseful, texts and apologizes a lot, is in therapy and several treatment teams.
“God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we’ll appreciate the strength of his.” C.S. Lewis

Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 8
#151: September 26, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
At least to me, the number matters. I'll explain. Tons of different women equal just that, tons of different women. No emotional attachment, no forming a lasting relationship.

2 or 3 or 4 OW/OM, or new woman/men (if the couple is long separated or divorced) with whom the MCLer forms a proper relationship is one more problem. More hurt, more issues, more people.

Your husband's colleague is different than Mr J, seems more like a single guy I know that is at the end of Replay.

Mr J spend 10 years with OW2. In 13 years there has been 3 women, the latest very recent. No one sees anything wrong with 3 women in 13 years, especially when one of them lasted 10 years.

He will never discover the problem. The number of women in 13 years is perfectly normal.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

K
#152: September 27, 2019, 02:44:22 AM
The subject got off track.
SS, can you explain ,why mlc will say this? Are most still in the fog with the comment of saying "There is too much damage" ? If they are in the fog, how  can they possibly know this? they really dont consider themselves in an affair or doing anything wrong?  if they are out of the fog , then i can understand this statement being said.

• Mentor
#153: September 27, 2019, 02:58:36 AM
Shocks sis,

Your thread has reached 150 posts, so if you could please start a new thread to answer these questions.  Thank you for being so helpful.  :)

New thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11137.0
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:49:07 AM by Thunder »
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.