Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Where Do we fit? All Things New!

• Mentor
My Story Re: Where Do we fit? All Things New!
#10: May 03, 2019, 03:20:46 AM
Hi UL,

I'm glad you got a nice person in the IRS to talk to.  I've been on hold with them for hours sometimes and then get a grouchy agent doesn't help any. 

Hope you absolutely love your new place!  It just takes awhile to make it home.

Big Hug

A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

U
Re: Where Do we fit? All Things New!
#11: May 03, 2019, 12:47:11 PM
Thank  you Thunder.  I think I'm finally dug my way out.  I'm sure I will start enjoy my new place here soon.  Starting to settle in.  New job Monday and off I go! LOL
Hope you have a great weekend!

Big HUGS back!
God is with her, she will not fall
Psalms 46:5
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/paintedpraize

U
#12: May 26, 2019, 08:18:01 PM
Hey, I just thought I would check in.  I just got back from a much needed vacation.  My friend took me on a Disney cruise and it was amazing!  It was so nice to be with someone for 4 days that I have known for a long time.  I rested, played, enjoyed and sunned. LOL!  But, one thing came to mind.  I am single and look I still have opportunities like the ones I would have had married.  Just a few but this last year I flew to Vegas for a conference where I was asked to sing.
I went to Ireland and I just got back from a cruise.  All I have to say is I am blessed!!!!

Feb 7th was the last communication I had with me ex.  It ended with me saying I was moving and him asking me to send him an email with my new address.  I said I didn’t think he needed it because if he was going to send me money he would do it through paypal.  After getting off the phone with him and him telling me all the weird stuff about himself.  I texted this

Hey, if what you said today is true about your life, it makes me sad to know that such a brilliant person I once knew is so lost.  I just wanted to say maybe it’s time to reach out to some people you once knew for help.  there has got to be more for your life.  Something just doesn’t feel healthy.

And then...4 months of silence from me!  I’m kind of proud of that.  It’s the longest silence no contact.   I’m moving forward and done trying to get money. Ill just work my butt of till I can’t.  He’s not going to contact me.  Even if he has a moment that he thinks about it he won’t because money could be brought up.  He’s made his bed and long live there relationship. LOL! 

New job is going ok.  Still learning and I’m honestly tired of learning something new.  I will be learning this job for awhile.  I hope I can learn it all.  Working for actual Drs can be stressful so we’ll see how that goes when I’m finally working on my own. 

Hope you all are enjoying your long weekend!

S
  • Mentor
#13: May 26, 2019, 09:24:22 PM
What a lovely holiday you had UL, so nice to do normal things for a change.  Sometimes I don't feel as if I've done anything normal for many years.  The activities I used to do with xH are not what I do these days.  i do miss having a man to do stuff with.  I don't miss Xh the way he is, but the way he was before.

Keep on going with the new job, I'm sure it will feel like you've been there years very soon.  I started a new job a few months after BD and have no idea how I wasn't fired as my poor mind was mush ::)
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

L
  • Mentor
#14: May 27, 2019, 07:50:14 AM
UL, I am so happy that you are finding that you can still enjoy life. I went to Ireland twice, I went to visit family in Norway, I go to see lots of music concerts, been on cruises, etc. There is life after all this chaos. We just have to be open to see the possibilities instead of lamenting what is no more. Of course, we all find our way in our own time.

We are survivors. And UL, you have a place on my Apocolypse team any time you want it. We know how to get things done! :)
trying2bok

M
#15: May 27, 2019, 01:08:03 PM
UL, I'm so pleased you had a great time on the cruise. Don't worry about feeling you have a ways to go in your new job, that's normal. I bet you'll be doing great in no time. You're an LBS who found HS, you're used to learning lots of stuff very fast. Just give yourself time.

What a ways you've come.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Vanisher
#16: May 27, 2019, 02:24:42 PM
I’m happy for all the blessings you’ve been counting and all the genuine “UL” you’ve been identifying with along the way on this path you didn’t choose for yourself.  You sound great.  Keep singing, keep dancing, and keep cruising!
Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

It's no longer all about MLC!  
Pfffffffftttt !

U
#17: May 27, 2019, 03:48:24 PM
Haha Learning.  I’ll join your Apocolypse team.  I’m honored you would have me.

Thanks Milly. I just feel like I transferred within the company and they are thinking I should have all this down.  But I am getting it slowly.  No one has said anything to me so it must be all good.

Thanks Calling,  I will keep plugging along.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

• Mentor
#18: May 27, 2019, 06:19:12 PM
You sound amazing UL.

Very proud of you going this long with NC.
Yay you!!   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

U
#19: July 07, 2019, 07:19:43 PM
Well, well he has a JOB! Well kind of.  I know when he did get a job that I would probably be able to find it. He got hired to work Saturday at a chiro franchise clinic.  They did a congrats to him and it showed up on the search and link to FB.  My guess is they hired him for Saturday’s because there are no full time position for him but they are getting ready to open a new clinic close and will be moving people around.  I should be able to track that down and then I will start the whole please send me money thing again but for now.  I’m laying low.

Here is the kicker to this.  I spoke to him in February as I was trying to get a feel about money.  I said you know you should try and get a job with SSSSSS company. And BAM he got hired in May.  He is still taking my lead!  Can someone explain that? LOL! He still follows my lead.  He’s done this a few times while with other woman.  He has to still in some way respect my advice.  Or just can’t come up with anything himself.  Weird.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.