Skip to main content

Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 6

S
MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 6
OP: July 14, 2019, 05:48:38 AM
Onto another thread as we hit 150 again. I’m glad everyone is benefiting from this and my sister thanks you for all your kindness.
Keep asking your questions and she will do her best to answer.
Could someone very wise and kind please link my old threads.
Thank you very much.
On we go!

Previous thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10970.0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:36:58 AM by OldPilot »
Beware of “keyboard warriors “

M
Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 6
#1: July 14, 2019, 06:10:03 AM
Hi...the threads rack up quite quickly. Thanks again for all your time and patience, answering questions.

I updated my thread for the first time in a while...... https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10710.20

What do you make of an invite for a coffee for the first time in 2.5yrs, apologies and just general polite conversation, replacing irritable, aggressive and hostile interaction?

BD 27 months ago, moved outg almost a year ago....OM on the scene somewhere....

Thanks MK
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:12:38 AM by MKnight10 »

S
#2: July 14, 2019, 06:31:54 AM
Hi McKnight

You know the drill. Be friendly, be kind and be yourself. Relax and prepare to listen. Ask no questions just listen and validate. Have no expectations but I think it’s a good thing that she has requested this.

Shocks sis

R
#3: July 14, 2019, 06:49:20 AM
SS:

I understand while in the fog you felt you had to get away from your H and wanted to live in your fantasy life.  My question is once you started coming out of the fog did you begin to recall the good memories/times with your H? 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Ro

• Mentor
#4: July 14, 2019, 07:15:38 AM
Attaching. Thanks again Shock and Shocks Sis.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

S
#5: July 14, 2019, 07:21:40 AM
Hi Rob

When the fog lifted all of my feelings and good memories came rushing back. It was as if the wall of the dam had broken open and it hit like a tsunami.
The love, memories and feelings had been suppressed below the weight of the fog.

Shocks sis

#6: July 14, 2019, 07:32:36 AM
Hi Shock and Sis

Shock I am sorry your H is in MLC. I hope you and your sis are finding this thread healing for you both. Personally I am getting a lot out of it so thank you both so much.

I wanted to join in so have a question!

Shock’sSis
Are you worried you could go into a crisis again or that in 5/10 years time you may again have an affair and blow up your life? Or do you feel so in control of your life now that that is never going to happen (or let’s say 99% sure)?

I was also thinking it would be nice if you can ‘quote’ the question with the reply so it stays together. It’s really easy to do just use ‘quote’ on the top of the question you are answering and then the reply will pop up ready for you to type xxx

Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

B
#7: July 14, 2019, 07:52:53 AM
Attaching. Thanks again shock and shock’s sis for your invaluable input and patience.

BS xxx

S
#8: July 14, 2019, 09:08:28 AM

Hi Rose

I’m going to say better than that I am 100% certain I’m through with MLC and I know that because I am a better person than when I went in. I have faced huge stress and subsequent traumas which I have more than coped with. I haven’t been overwhelmed by them and I now possess coping mechanisms my brain hadn’t developed but my time in MLC taught me these. If you like I grew up!

Shocks h is indeed deep in MLC at this moment and I do my best to reassure her that he’s out of her reach at this time and the best thing she can do is concentrate all her efforts on herself. She has really got a lot stronger. I remember when she first told me he had left and she suspected ow and from the things I could understand as she was so very distraught I began thinking this sounds familiar. It was then I knew he was in MLC. She has a greater understanding now and she is coping well with her interactions with him.

I’m sorry for all LBSers as your MLCers go on a demolition derby all of their own making. It’s brutal, it’s crazy, it’s cruel but to an MLCer it’s a compulsion. It’s not about the LBSer it’s all about the MLCer.

Shocks sis [/colour
[/color][/color]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:14:02 AM by Shockandawe »

#9: July 14, 2019, 10:06:45 AM
Hi Shocksis,

My wife sent me pics of the kids playing in the park the other day. I responded politely and also walked the kids to her car for the first time. We had a little chit chat about the kids. I am trying to be strong and I believe I am coming across that way. Is this just a touch and go. Or is she having some clarity?
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

Divorce final Nov-21

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.