Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Sheer indefatigability with learned perspicacity

M
My Story Sheer indefatigability with learned perspicacity
#10: August 21, 2023, 08:48:38 PM
I had to put my beautiful dog down today. I’m devastated. She was a completely healthy dog last week. She has been my light and love through all this and I can’t even imagine how these next weeks and months will be without her.  I should have had her for many more years. I will miss her beyond words.

I had to put down our other dog last year. I messaged my XH she was sick last week and today her passing. I did both by just sending my screen print from FB post. I also sent both bills as he  pays half her bills. I got no response. Not surprised.  Three months ago I told him I could not be his friend. He punishes by withholding communication. What I will say is that I told him when our other dog passed last year and I messaged him with no response that it was unbelievable to me. No “ thanks for letting me know”  so, what does he do? The same.

I am still amazed at the inability to do the slightest things a normal human would do. Not shocked however.  I will say that if I texted and said can you call me he would in seconds.  MLCers are quite subhuman. In 3 years I have lost my husband and both out dogs. Out life continues to just keep disappearing. I have never in my life not had a dog. As I was driving home today I said out loud. I dont have a dog?? I still can’t believe so much loss in such a short time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:22:31 PM by MadLuv »
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

R
Sheer indefatigability with learned perspicacity
#11: August 22, 2023, 12:45:15 AM
So, so, sorry Madluv. So very painful.

b
Re: Sheer indefatigability with learned perspicacity
#12: August 22, 2023, 04:51:52 AM
So very sorry for your loss, ML.  I lost my"baby" right after my D all those years ago, and that was even more difficult than watching xh fade away at that same time.  I did call him and he came to the vet, but left just as quickly.  However, in the end, he did pay the bill at least.  It is sad how robotic and inhuman they become.

Just know that your beloved doggie is in a better place waiting for you and that things will come together, with brighter days ahead. It's moments like these that strengthen us and moves us further forward, as painful as it is at the time.

M
#13: August 22, 2023, 09:06:31 AM
Thank you reinventing and BB for the puppy love 💔
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired

M
#14: August 22, 2023, 09:07:57 AM
I want to share an article I came across that I think most will relate and get something from.

The problem is, no matter how much you strive and how much you get, it’s never enough. It’s never sufficient to resolve that fundamental sense of lack and incompleteness that you feel at the core of your being.

A life spent seeking happiness and wholeness from a world that can never provide it is a life wasted.

The sorrows for such a soul are endless.

This compulsion to pursue objects in the hope of deriving happiness, freedom and wholeness from them is called samsara. The wheel of samsara is a never-ending cycle of lack, desire, attachment and suffering.

This is the basic suffering of humankind; a malady affecting virtually every human being on the planet.

Samsara is a case of false expectation; of misplaced seeking. Deluded by maya, the samsari seeks permanence in the world of the impermanent, fulfilment from the finite, and happiness from that which can only ever deliver it with an equal measure of sorrow.
Let’s explore how this happens.

https://www.unbrokenself.com/samsara/

« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:11:30 AM by MadLuv »

Married July 1991
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired

t
#15: August 22, 2023, 10:33:40 AM
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your precious pup. I do understand.

Do you feel up to sharing about your pup?  I’d love to hear what breed and what their personality was. I know it helped me to talk about Buddy after he passed. To tell funny stories about his shenanigans and why he meant so much to me.

My heart goes out to you.
BD Feb 2014
DONE

• Mentor
#16: August 22, 2023, 11:33:30 AM
Madluv I am so sorry for your loss. These animals truly give us unconditional love, they know when we need some comfort and they endlessly give us love.

I rescued my last lab 1 1/2 years after BD and she passed 2 years ago. I miss her deeply. There was a connection between us that was deeper and more intense than my previous two labs. She never left my side. She stayed with me through some of the darkest moments of my life.

For the time being, I wish to travel and because I visit my daughter in Canada 4 times a year and often on holidays like Christmas...it was difficult to find someone to take care of my beauty...as she was also blind since age 5 and developed dementia the last year or so.

She will always be the special one...and perhaps I don't know how I would even find one that gave me so much and asked for so little.

My heart goes out to you in this latest loss. I am so sorry.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

#17: August 22, 2023, 11:42:18 AM
I am very sorry for your loss too. Quite a few of us here remember losing pets who kept us upright during our darkest days. And each one is unique and irreplaceable. But it sounds as if you did the right and loving thing in the circumstances which I hope will be some small comfort to you.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#18: August 22, 2023, 03:36:46 PM
I’m very sorry to hear about your dog, ML. It seems like they’re always gone too soon no matter how much time we get with them. I miss my dog still every day.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

#19: August 23, 2023, 10:18:06 AM
Madluv I am very sorry to hear about your dog. I know how painful it is as we lost our dogs as well years ago. Hugs to you Madluv.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.