Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Help Please 5

H
My Story Help Please 5
#100: April 27, 2024, 06:59:59 PM
It is so odd.

We spoke for the first time in months. Our dog passed away last night and I wanted to discuss how to speak with the kids. Initially, the would not talk to me as I confess I had told her to f%#k off in a text. I know I should not have but it felt good.

Anyway, when she realised what had happened she kept ringing. And I asked if she could ask her lawyer to cut me some slack. She said it was just paper work and professed to ignorance to some of the behaviour. I asked if the lawyer was not acting in accordance with instructions. It was all a bit cray cray.

I was struck by the fact it seem revelatory that her behaviour was impacting on my well being. She literally did not seem to understand that. She really is completely self absorbed.

Anyway, hopefully I will not have contact for a while.

E
Help Please 5
#101: April 28, 2024, 09:37:38 AM
I was struck by the fact it seem revelatory that her behaviour was impacting on my well being. She literally did not seem to understand that. She really is completely self absorbed.

I’d guess that because what we do and how we act doesn’t impact them in any way, they assume the same goes for us. Of course I don’t think they actively think about that. As you say they are completely self absorbed. I don’t think they think much about us at all most of the time. And yes, it is very weird.
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

H
Help Please 5
#102: April 28, 2024, 08:10:02 PM
Yes. I think that is correct evermore

H
Help Please 5
#103: April 30, 2024, 05:51:03 AM
It is so strange to think of your wife having a boyfriend. And to hear from them that you did not love them or care for them when they are alone in that view. It is as though 13 years of love from you did not exist.

And yes, I understand there is blame projection and it is easier to blame someone else for your unhappiness. But all those happy photos and moments were not a lie.

The death of our dog was a rare moment where something pierced through and she seemed genuinely sad. But not sad enough to leave her secret boyfriends home.

I have made the hard decision to not go to my daughter’s 10th birthday. I know I am not strong enough. I decided not to lie to her and explained I just can’t be that close to mum at the moment. They said it is because you love her and want to hug her. I said yes, and they my eldest said have you told her? I said she knows.

But the total destruction of a person and remaking of a story is something to behold. It is interesting how you regain your footing and do realise that while you were not perfect, this explosion is not about you. But there is nothing you can do.

Nearly 2 years in and I still can’t quite believe it. It is just so odd.

A
  • Trial Subscriber
Help Please 5
#104: April 30, 2024, 06:39:17 AM
It is so strange to think of your wife having a boyfriend. And to hear from them that you did not love them or care for them when they are alone in that view. It is as though 13 years of love from you did not exist.

And yes, I understand there is blame projection and it is easier to blame someone else for your unhappiness. But all those happy photos and moments were not a lie.

The death of our dog was a rare moment where something pierced through and she seemed genuinely sad. But not sad enough to leave her secret boyfriends home.

I have made the hard decision to not go to my daughter’s 10th birthday. I know I am not strong enough. I decided not to lie to her and explained I just can’t be that close to mum at the moment. They said it is because you love her and want to hug her. I said yes, and they my eldest said have you told her? I said she knows.

But the total destruction of a person and remaking of a story is something to behold. It is interesting how you regain your footing and do realise that while you were not perfect, this explosion is not about you. But there is nothing you can do.

I'm only 4 months in since my wife left - I have many many more months of misery and confusion ahead I can see.

My wife has no boyfriend yet but I'm sure she will at some point or she will hook up with one of the dudes at the golf club she works at. She is all about herself and her own satisfaction. I feel for you and fear for myself.

Everything feels like a lie, even when you know it's her re-writing history. It's hurts a lot.

F
  • Be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves
Help Please 5
#105: April 30, 2024, 08:55:44 AM

I’d guess that because what we do and how we act doesn’t impact them in any way, they assume the same goes for us. Of course I don’t think they actively think about that. As you say they are completely self absorbed. I don’t think they think much about us at all most of the time. And yes, it is very weird.

What you write could be written by parents speaking about their teenage children, IMHO. It is so true for our spouses under MLC, yes.
M 44, W43. Married 18 years, together 21
3 children D17, D15, S6
OM discovered Dec 22, BD Jan 23 (few days after)
W still living at home
Aimer, c'est donner sans attendre de retour et tout acte est prière, s'il est don de soi (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)
Love means to give without expecting return, and every act is a prayer if it is a self-gift. (thanks OffRoad !)

H
Help Please 5
#106: May 02, 2024, 04:02:24 PM

So many similarities in our stories. I also have a most likely STBxW who rewrote our entire history over night. What was in the eyes of me and my 4 kids a GOOD marriage of 23 years, has been rewritten in the most absurd way.  Neither me or my kids buy it. And the childish, passive aggressive behavior -- neglect, witholding, stonewalling etc, is infuriating to no end.  But the worst is the parental alienation, and talking sh%$ about you to the kids behind your back, which is the nastiest trick in the book.

I really is the twilight zone. Keep hanging in there, I know there are better years ahead for all of us who are in the middle of this. 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.